Looking for a great platform game to play, please help.

Like running and jumping? Discuss it here!
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Re: Looking for a great platform game to play, please help.

Post by ZeroAX »

Gamerforlife wrote:I can't shake the feeling that ZeroAX actually DOESN'T like platform games but just thinks he does.

BLASPHEMY. Dude, for a full 5 years (1995-2000) platform games was the only genre I played. I'm dead fucking serious. It's just that when you've played to 100% completion (every single DK game both country and land plus the first 2 wario land games among them) the best games out there, everything else seams lacking.

Besides as I've already said, why should I waste my time playing Kid Chameleon when I could be playing Sonic/Mario/DK again :P.
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
Ivo
Next-Gen

Post by Ivo »

I think I should suggest James Pond 2: Robocod anyway - you may have already tried it and dismissed it, but it is great IMO.

Aladdin is also great and has been mentioned, but it does have sword play and apple throwing.

Ivo.
Incognito D
128-bit

Post by Incognito D »

ZeroAX wrote:
Gamerforlife wrote:I can't shake the feeling that ZeroAX actually DOESN'T like platform games but just thinks he does.

BLASPHEMY. Dude, for a full 5 years (1995-2000) platform games was the only genre I played. I'm dead fucking serious. It's just that when you've played to 100% completion (every single DK game both country and land plus the first 2 wario land games among them) the best games out there, everything else seams lacking.

Besides as I've already said, why should I waste my time playing Kid Chameleon when I could be playing Sonic/Mario/DK again :P.

Have you used the cheat to take the DK barrels away? - if you complete the Country games
under these circumstances you can get like 105%
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Post by ZeroAX »

Incognito D wrote:Have you used the cheat to take the DK barrels away? - if you complete the Country games
under these circumstances you can get like 105%

nope first time I heard of this. I remember getting 103% on DK Land 3 though.
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
Jrecee
Next-Gen

Post by Jrecee »

I just got James Pond 2. Seemed like a rushed release (repeating random backgrounds? wtf?) Maybe I need to play a bit more of it or get to a boss or something.

I would recommend:

Socket

Rolo to the rescue

Rocky Rodent
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Post by Gamerforlife »

ZeroAX wrote:

I think you rate those games waaaaay too highly
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Post by ZeroAX »

Gamerforlife wrote:I think you rate those games waaaaay too highly

tastes are tastes dude. can't do anything about it. actually I don't want to do anything about it.
final fight cd
Next-Gen

Post by final fight cd »

i don't know if you have a 32x, but tempo is a head jumping game. but since you hate every other platerformer besides mario and sonic you probably won't like it.
if you took a shit, please put it back
Gnashvar
128-bit

Post by Gnashvar »

Clash at Demonhead (Nes)
Bio Miracle Bokutte Upa (VC or Famicom)
Uforia (VC or Nes PAL)
Thanks everyone...
Ack

Post by Ack »

What about Bonkers for the Super Nintendo?

It's another Capcom platformer based on a Disney property. It features bouncing, dashing, and throwable bombs for some of the harder enemies. It's also pretty short, so you should be able to breeze through it.