Favorite Sonic Levels (Genesis era)

Like running and jumping? Discuss it here!
GamerMON
Next-Gen

Re: Favorite Sonic Levels (Genesis era)

Post by GamerMON »

Oh shi...
dsheinem wrote:Image
Jrecee
Next-Gen

Post by Jrecee »

There were a few levels I hated. Metropolis zone is a bitch. All the enemies in that level are really aggravating and the levels are huge, and there's 3 of them instead of 2. Plus if you're playing as knuckles it's basically impossible to beat the boss without getting hit because knuckles can't jump high enough to get over him.

Carnival Night was pretty crappy too. Waaaaay too long and it has annoying underwater sections. . . in a carnival level.

Strarlight would be one of my favorites if it weren't for the bottomless pits placed strategically at the end of high speed sections. I think those few sections formed the entire basis of all recent 3D sonic games.
weasels
Next-Gen

Post by weasels »

Jrecee wrote:
Carnival Night was pretty crappy too. Waaaaay too long and it has annoying underwater sections. . . in a carnival level.

don't forget the part that everyone seemingly doesn't remember how to get past even if you did it once in the past.

"ninja's wear clothing of every color so they can blend with the alphabet."-best friend concerning bushido blade 2.
my trade and sell list is right here: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=20601

N64, saturn model 2, ds, Dreamcast, ps1, ps2, GBC, GBA, GBA SP, xbox, 3DO, psp slim (v.3001.)
feel free to PM/IM me if you feel like talking to me.
Reverend
Next-Gen

Post by Reverend »

It's so hard to choose a favorite...
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Post by ZeroAX »

Flying Battery Zone from Sonic and Knuckles

Also best Sonic music
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_T7hdIh-gtw

Lave Reef Zone from Sonic and Knuckles

also killer music

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wo_4R17gYSY

Though I think I prefer the second act.

Aquatic Ruin Zone from Sonic 2

and once more lovely 80s inspired 90s video game music. aaaah memories

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhHa7ph5GLg

As you can see nothing from sonic 1 and SPECIALLY nothing from Sonic 3.
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
Pulsar_t
Next-Gen

Post by Pulsar_t »

weasels wrote:
Jrecee wrote:

don't forget the part that everyone seemingly doesn't remember how to get past even if you did it once in the past.

One would have thought figuring out this 'puzzle' on the spot would have endowed themselves some sort of advantage in life. Not the case :lol:

Coincidentally Carnival Night zone is among my favourites. I like all S3 levels in fact. Metropolis is a bitch however, glad they reworked it into a bearable stage in S&K (Flying Battery)
Thy ban hammer shalt strike Image
Jrecee
Next-Gen

Post by Jrecee »

Yup that carnival night torture section drove me nuts in 3rd grade. Not sure when I finally figured it out. I did get past it by jumping a couple times though.

Flying batter is pretty sweet simply because of that whirling magnet ball/chain section though. I wish they'd use that gimmick more in the level because it's awesome and I can never remember which way to go to get to it.

And apparently nobody else even knows about it because I just watched 5 different flying battery playthroughs and not a single person took that route.
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Post by ZeroAX »

Jrecee wrote:And apparently nobody else even knows about it because I just watched 5 different flying battery playthroughs and not a single person took that route.

I know it but usually take the other route cause it's faster.
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
Pulsar_t
Next-Gen

Post by Pulsar_t »

Actually he's talking about standalone S&K because he seldom played it locked-on to S3.

Wait a minute.. Why am I talking in the third person? :lol:

Thy ban hammer shalt strike Image