Flashback.. Wow

Like running and jumping? Discuss it here!
dogman91
128-bit

Re: Flashback.. Wow

Post by dogman91 »

I was about to post in this thread to say... yes try the Oddworld series straight away! They completely blow away Blackthorne and Prince of Persia IMO... the games are downright amazing and super atmospheric. Also a lot more depth and unique gameplay elements than other cinematic platformers... I think Abes' Oddysee might be among my top favorite games of all time.
deathsled
128-bit

Post by deathsled »

one of the best ways to play Flashback is with the REminiscence engine on a PSP.

You can combine the data and cutscenes from the PC version, the music from the Amiga version, and the speech from the Sega CD version all in to one and run the game at a slightly higher resolution than the original.
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Post by ZeroAX »

Tried playing this on my Mega Drive last night. It kicked my ass. It's a bit frustrating at first I guess like everyone has said. I will give it another chance today though cause it seems well made.
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
Curlypaul
Next-Gen

Post by Curlypaul »

Yeah its hard as nails, but like a good shooter, it can be learned and when you get it you feel like a king.

Has anybody played the XBL version? I played the demo and seemed pretty good
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Awesome, sauce.
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Post by ZeroAX »

I tried it again last night. I got a bit further but I still got my ass kicked xD.
I want to force myself through the first level, but the controls are frustratingly
Unresponsive and I'm not sure if it was a design choice or a technical
Limitation. The oddworld games have near perfect controls for example, and even
Though I died a lot there too it was never frustrating
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
dogman91
128-bit

Post by dogman91 »

maybe a different port will have different controls... I'd suggest maybe emulating the Amiga version or something or just try different ports. Prince of Persia felt REALLY different between ports for example. The Genesis version of that one simply sucks IMO compared to the others.