My opinion of every Sonic game released.

Like running and jumping? Discuss it here!
RyaNtheSlayA
Next-Gen

My opinion of every Sonic game released.

Post by RyaNtheSlayA »

Okay, Im a huge fan of Sonic, and Im almost embarrased to say ive played every single Sonic game in and out, regardless wether its bad or not. I just wanted to put my opinion of every one out there. Its not like I have anything better to do in a hospital bed!? Also I didnt rate handheld or Master System games or even mention them because thats not what Im focusing on. But yes people, if you got yourself a GBA or DS you have still got good Sonic games.

(1) Sonic the Hedgehog: At the time, it was an amazing game, and it still is, I feel its level design has held up better than any of the other games. It was what Sega needed to really take off and without this game who knows where Sega would be.

(7)Sonic 2: One of my least favorite games in the series. It feels very... not like the original, it felt very easy, and the special stages were awesome but they were so easy that I didnt feel like I had earned that wonderful Super Sonic. The music on the other hand, its pretty awesome in my opinion, asside from Emerald Hill which sounded meh to me.

(2) Sonic 3 (and Knuckles): I absolutely love this game. Asside from the first which I believe is my favorite game of all time, Sonic 3 and Knuckles would be in a close second. It started to put a halfway decent plot into the mix, had massive and many levels. And lets not forget what we got once we got all 14 emeralds :D .

(3) Sonic CD: I really, really, really like Sonic CD's USA music, and I cannot stand the Japanese music. I dont know what it is about it, but I cant stand it. I really like the additions they made with the running dash and the special stages actually felt special. It was a little short for being on a CD but that was okay because, unless you were able to get all the time crystals, you bet your ass you were going to have to play that game over and over until you found all the bots in the past.

(10) Knuckles Chaotix: I liked this game for about the first 40 minutes untill the gimmick had gotten old and I didnt really care anymore. If you dont know what Im talking about, go check it out on youtube and you will see what I mean.

(4) Sonic Adventure: I dont have much to say about this game other than I choose it over any 3D Mario game that has ever come out. 'Nuff said.

(6) Sonic Adventure 2: Whats above still applies other than when they made you play as other characters. Can you say, ruined a good experience?

(5) Sonic Heroes: This is what I feel is the closest we got to a actually very good 3D Sonic game after Sonic Adventure. If SEGA were to take this game, put in the old emerald story presented in S3&K, not let you play as anybody but Sonic, and threw next gen graphics onto it, bam a new decent Sonic game, its unfortunate though, that you have the team machanic, which is broken on so many levels. On the other hand if you dont have a DC or GCN, this is about the only decent new Sonic experience. And after this game, it all goes down a fucking steep hill.

(8) Shadow the Hedgehog: I have no feelings for this game, because, its not even trying to be a Sonic game. Yes it has, slippery controls, but it didnt really break the game, nor did the camera, what broke the game was the fact that everybody wanted this to be a dark sidded Sonic which it isnt, its an entirely different game, and I dont even know if I would put this as part of the series.

(11) Sonic the Hedgehog: The 360/PS3 game sucks, I played through it, and the parts I liked were so short I wanted to cry (when you speed up and cant slow down, THATS WHAT THE WHOLE GAME SHOULD BE) Constantly streeming new areas as you run and defeat bosses, that would be AWESOME!!!!

(12) Sonic and the Secret Rings: All I can say is I didnt care for it, then again, the only game ive liked so far on the Wii is Excite Truck...

(9) Sonic Unleashed: Woohoo, Dynasty Warriors slowed down + classic Sonic gameplay that you CANT control... :(

----------------Games I couldnt rate

(x) Sonic Spinball: Its a pinball game w/ Sonic, nothing more

(x) SegaSonic the Hedgehog: Its Sonic 3D Blast w/ different levels

(x) Sonic 3D Blast: Wasnt developed by Sega, but its okay

(x) Sonic collections: they just contain Genesis, GameGear, and other games ranging from Sonic to Ristar.

(x) Sonic Fighters: Virtua Fighter: Cash In addition

(x) Sonic R: Is a racing game, a very, mediocre racing game.

(x) Sonic Shuffle: Mario Party Cash In Games FTW!!!

Edit: Also to those of you that have bought things from me I will get them out ASAP, I was hospitalized Monday and we are looking at a Friday release provided everything goes to plan. Thank you.
I'm still not sure whether I'm a kid or a squid now.
Flak Beard
Next-Gen

Re: My opinion of every Sonic game released.

Post by Flak Beard »

RyaNtheSlayA wrote:Im happy that people here are learning about writing in paragraphs but that was way to long still.

:wink: Just messin'.
RyaNtheSlayA
Next-Gen

Post by RyaNtheSlayA »

Flak Beard wrote:
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:Im happy that people here are learning about writing in paragraphs but that was way to long still.

:wink: Just messin'.

:D I thought about that when I was writing this but it was hard to write anything shorter.
Jrecee
Next-Gen

Post by Jrecee »

Segasonic the hedgehog isn't really anything like 3D blast other than the isometric perspective. In fact I wish they had made 3D blast more like it. The searching for birds thing was really annoying.

Also check out the new sonic game with the sword. It got a good ol 3.9 from IGN.
Reverend
Next-Gen

Post by Reverend »

What are your thoughts on Sonic Labyrinth?
opticledilusi0n
32-bit

Post by opticledilusi0n »

you are mad

the sonic games after sonic + knuckles were all trash

and sonic 2 the was best
PGchris
64-bit

Post by PGchris »

RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
(4) Sonic Adventure: I dont have much to say about this game other than I choose it over any 3D Mario game that has ever come out. 'Nuff said.

Not trying to be a jerk but this is a case of your sonic fanboydom getting in the way of rational thought
Systems Owned: SNES, N64, Dreamcast, Xbox 360, PS2, DS, Sega Genisis+32x+CD, Saturn, PSP

Jayson
64-bit

Post by Jayson »

RyaNtheSlayA wrote:Edit: Also to those of you that have bought things from me I will get them out ASAP, I was hospitalized Monday and we are looking at a Friday release provided everything goes to plan. Thank you.

I hope everything is OK!
RyaNtheSlayA
Next-Gen

Post by RyaNtheSlayA »

PGchris wrote:
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:

Not trying to be a jerk but this is a case of your sonic fanboydom getting in the way of rational thought

I played Sonic Adventure before any of the others.
Mod_Man_Extreme
Next-Gen

Post by Mod_Man_Extreme »

Sonic 3 definitely describes the perfect sonic experience. Add in Sonic & Knuckles locked on and it gets even better.
My Consoles:
Genesis - Nomad - SegaCD - GameGear - Sega Saturn - Dreamcast - NES - SNES - N64 - Gamecube - Wii - Playstation - PSone & LCD - PS2 - PS3 - Xbox - 3DS

Niode wrote:Send him a dodgy cheque. Make it out to Scammy McScammerson.

Check out my sale thread below, NeoGeo MVS carts & Arcade gear wanted!:
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=11366