Non-PC retro computer gaming thread

Windows, Mac, DOS, and all those-other personal computing platforms
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Re: Non-PC retro computer gaming thread

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

I have crafted a 20 game Want List, all stuff I can afford. I only have a 64K MSX1 so that disqualifies a bunch of games right off the bat anyway.
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

I love the apple ][e and the TI 94/a.
ApolloBoy
128-bit

Post by ApolloBoy »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:I have crafted a 20 game Want List, all stuff I can afford. I only have a 64K MSX1 so that disqualifies a bunch of games right off the bat anyway.

Have you looked into getting an MSX2 or 2+? There's some pretty cool stuff for the MSX2 and it's pretty easy to make floppies if you've got a PC with a 3.5" drive.
Own: 2600, 2DS, 2DS XL, 360 S, 5200, 7800, 800, 800XL, AES, Amiga 600, C64, C64C, CV, DC, Duo-R, GB, GBA, GBA SP, GBC, GBP, Genesis 2, GG, JP SMS, Lynx, Mark III, Mega CD II, MD, MSX2+, N64, NES, NES top loader, Nomad, PCE, PSX, PS2, RetroUSB AVS, SAT, SFC, SG-1000 II, SMS, SNES mini, Switch, TE, Twin Fami, VIC-20, Wii, XEGS
SpikeSlania
24-bit

Post by SpikeSlania »

I am really thinking about a C64 or Amiga. I been watching alot of youtube videos on these retro computers. Especially want to try out that Mayhem in Monsterland game
marurun

Post by marurun »

I think a Sharp X68000 or an FM Towns would be fun to play with.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

SpikeSlania wrote:I am really thinking about a C64 or Amiga. I been watching alot of youtube videos on these retro computers. Especially want to try out that Mayhem in Monsterland game

both are fascinating computers. I get really close to buying one a few times a year, haha. I *think* I'm more likely to go for a C64, though... based more so on nostalgia than anything else.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

One of the main reasons why I wanted to get a C64 (over any other non-PC retro computer) is because of how popular they were. Their popularity back then causes them to be more popular today, which means more people making cool stuff for them.

There's a ton of disk drive emulators available for the C64, which is the way I'll go if I ever get a C64. Unless I find a great deal on a C64 and disk drive combo, I wont even bother to get a real disk drive.
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

I think the Amiga is capable of some of the most beautiful graphics of the day. Sometimes I want to buy myself one, but I don't think I would ever play it.
TSTR
Next-Gen

Post by TSTR »

marurun wrote:I think a Sharp X68000 or an FM Towns would be fun to play with.

YOU SAID THE SECRET WORD!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
marurun

Post by marurun »

It was pretty, but a lot of the games didn't play well for some reason. It's like the designers often neglected details like gameplay and game mechanics.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.