Hearthstone thread

Windows, Mac, DOS, and all those-other personal computing platforms
Omerta
Next-Gen

Re: Hearthstone thread

Post by Omerta »

What's the general consensus here on the Standard deck cycles? Do most people play the most updated sets or do you guys find yourselves going back to the old stuff?

I was kind of irked to find that there was basically MTG's Type 2 mechanism in keeping fresh card cycles, but found myself enjoying these C'Thun builds more than a lot of my old standbys.
"Farewell, good hunter.
May you find your worth
in the waking world."
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

I only play Wild.

Standard to me is for people brand new to the game - within, dunno, 20-30 hours you should have enough that you can move to Wild. For all I know Standard is very fun and definitely a much more level playing field if you will, but I like having access to all cards.

I only have about 20 legendaries - so what is that, 25%. Same goes for epics, but i'm able to get to rank 10-12 each month with what I have and can consistently climb when I want to.
Omerta
Next-Gen

Post by Omerta »

Valid points.

I will say in favor of Standard is that it does force me out of my comfort zone to try different things. Up until recently, my decks tended to revolve around the same base cards with the main difference being the hero chosen and their small set of cards.

What about gold for you guys? I basically spend it all on arena admission. Again, the different variety of my cards and opponent's decks is the main draw for me... plus they usually lead to more gold, packs, or dust.
"Farewell, good hunter.
May you find your worth
in the waking world."
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

I hardly do arena. I buy packs and then dust my dups to get the cards I want for other decks. I'm saving up for a Malygos, Garrosh Hellscream and Archmage Antonidas. I've had horrible luck getting legendaries in packs. I think i'm at 7 legendaries out of maybe 300 packs now. I don't know the odds - but that seems very low. Maybe it isn't.
chupon
Next-Gen

Post by chupon »

I've got 8 orange cards and just pulled my third orange pack pull last Thursday. Haven't spend a dollar yet. Game is super fun and is nice to pick up and play. Doesn't beat Magic high IMO. But then again, I've been playing MtG since '94.

I've pack pulled:
Barrongeddon (my first orange whom I've always loved since I got him.
Alexstranza
Hoggar (last Thursday)

Otherwise I've dust created:
Dr Boom
Vsera
8/8 fire guy who can't attack but deals 8 at turns end.

Also unlocked the murgle orange guy.
Buy / Sell / Trade List: viewtopic.php?t=17958
Last updated: 11-10-16

PS3 ID: dakkenblackblade 360 ID: dakkenblackblad
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

Dr. Boom is a card I see in almost every deck...and I still don't have it. It is straight up over-powered AND it doesn't have to be pulled in a game to win a match; it's an overpowered COMPLIMENTARY card - which is simply huge. It's mech, it creates board presence with boom bots (also mechs), the boom bots are WAY over-powered - the card has enough power just being 3 mechs that total 9/9 for 7 cost, even if they had deathrattle of 1, I could see that, being it's a legendary, the fact they can do up to 4 damage is broken imo.

The opposite of him is someone like Baron Geddon. Baron is a really cool card - but it works best with certain heroes - Priest, Warlock, and Warrior - each of whom can benefit from his 2-damage at the end of each turn, BUT, you really have to build your deck around him and if you don't pull him - you're win rate goes way down.

Ragnaros the firelord is the 8/8 who can't attack but deals 8 damage at end of turn.

He has a new opposite in the expansion. Ragnaros the Lightlord - he can attack, AND heals a friendly character (8 health) at the end of each turn.
chupon
Next-Gen

Post by chupon »

Last night playing Druid I managed to get Vsera in play on turn 2. T1 I growthed into three crystals and played the mech that switches place with a creature in hand.

So T2 Vsera. Ended up drawing 7 dream cards with her before she died. It was bonkers. And I loved every minute of it and was crushing so hard I was just playing around the last few turns.

mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

chupon wrote:Last night playing Druid I managed to get Vsera in play on turn 2. T1 I growthed into three crystals and played the mech that switches place with a creature in hand.

Alarm-o-bot - he really only works in Druid decks where you can get him out early w/coin, innervate, or Wild Growth. In other decks there are usually 3-attack minions in play already, or they'll use a low power spell to remove him.

Have you tried Naga Sea Witch? That is a fun card too - build a deck with 2 of those, 2 alarm-o-bots, Emperor Thaurissian, 2 innervates, (15) 6-10 cost minions and a couple powerful spells. That is a fun deck - but if you can't innervate early or don't draw Naga or Alarm-o-bot, you are really susceptible to Aggro decks.

I'm fine making this entire forum a Hearthstone dedicated forum, btw.
chupon
Next-Gen

Post by chupon »

Daughter pulled this tonight. I usually let the kids open a pack before bed if I've got the gold. Stoked.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (138.84 KiB) Viewed 5451 times

Omerta
Next-Gen

Post by Omerta »

Man, that's pretty wicked. Shaman's not in my normal rotation, but I'd probably try out something with that one.

A lot of epics and legendaries suck, but you occasionally grab a nice one. I forget what it's called, but I pull that dragon that costs ten mana, makes you discard your hand, and wipes the board clean in the Arena sometimes. It's treated me well there. Wonder how it does during real games.

mjmjr25 wrote:I'm fine making this entire forum a Hearthstone dedicated forum, btw.

Can we at least have a sub-forum where we debate what's retro and determine the merits of what bootlegs are okay to sell?
"Farewell, good hunter.
May you find your worth
in the waking world."