Hearthstone thread

Windows, Mac, DOS, and all those-other personal computing platforms
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Hearthstone thread

Post by noiseredux »

I'm surprised we have no thread for this. Hearthstone has been a pretty big phenomenon. Personally, I have been holding out for the Android port, as it feels like a portable game to me. And last week, it finally came out. It works awesome on the Shield, and I'm going through the tutorials now. I already feel like I've found a current gen replacement for my beloved Card Fighters Clash. Anyone else getting into it?
SpaceBooger

Re: Hearthstone thread

Post by SpaceBooger »

I've been playing. Never played card games like this or magic so I'm still learning. I beat all the easy innkeeper solo stuff so far.
I think I'm digging it, but get crushed by real people.
BLOG | BST
Systems Owned: NES, Game Boy (Original, Pocket, Color & Advance SP), DSi, 3DS, Genesis, Sega CD,
Nomad, SNES, Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, PSP, PS3, WiiU & XBONE.
RyaNtheSlayA
Next-Gen

Post by RyaNtheSlayA »

I like it a lot but I'm not very good.

Feel free to send me battle.net friend invites if you want to play.

GoldfishRT#1903
I'm still not sure whether I'm a kid or a squid now.
dogman91
128-bit

Post by dogman91 »

I got into it hardcore but now I'm only playing once in awhile. I never made legend though.

Whatever you do, don't get caught up in a pack-buying craze... potentially hundreds of dollars down the drain that you don't even realize you're spending. Just be patient and earn gold to buy them.

For anyone JUST getting into the game, look up "Trump Teachings" on Youtube and watch them all.

Btw my Battle.net is dogman91#1759 if anyone's up for playing
SpaceBooger

Post by SpaceBooger »

Oh, my battle.net account name is SpaceBooger#1115 if anyone want to help me get better.
BLOG | BST
Systems Owned: NES, Game Boy (Original, Pocket, Color & Advance SP), DSi, 3DS, Genesis, Sega CD,
Nomad, SNES, Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, PSP, PS3, WiiU & XBONE.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

really enjoying this game. Played any chance I got over the busy weekend.

My tag is noiseredux#1995
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

I've been working on getting all the basic decks unlocked for each character. I've got 4 done so far. Really really loving this game.

Question: What is the difference between Play and the Arena? So far I've only stuck to Play...

Question: Is there any way that I can see how many hrs I've put into the game? I don't see that anywhere on Battle.Net or anything. Just a curiosity thing - and something that tends to be built into most modern games.
dogman91
128-bit

Post by dogman91 »

The difference is that in Arena you "draft" cards out of a random selection of three cards at a time (from a pool of ALL the cards). You do this until you have a complete deck. You then face opponents who done the same; lose three times and you're out; winning twelve times is the maximum. Based on how well you did, you get rewards that can be gold, packs, golden cards, etc.

It's an entirely different meta than Play mode. Play mode you use your own deck from the cards in your collection, and try to work your way up the ranks. It becomes more like a ladder once you reach past rank 1 into Legend.

Good strategy for arena is to pick cards that are good in ANY situation, as you can't guarantee synergy with other cards (due to the random picks). It's good to analyze your deck along the way as you draft to determine what you need, and place more value on those (ex. if you don't have many low mana cards, pick a subpar low mana card over another excellent high-cost mana card. Or if your deck has a lot of mechs, put more emphasis on mech cards).

The hours you play don't matter. You get quests though that are often about the AMOUNT of games you play, though, and of course with leveling up your classes (which unlocks cards).
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

ah sounds cool. I'm not gonna mess w/ Arena until I unlock all the basic decks in Play mode first.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

noiseredux wrote:I already feel like I've found a current gen replacement for my beloved Card Fighters Clash.

Explain