Project Eternity/Pillars of Eternity

Windows, Mac, DOS, and all those-other personal computing platforms
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Re: Project Eternity/Pillars of Eternity

Post by noiseredux »

yeah I knew about Tyranny. I'm sure I'll play it, but so far I'm not as excited. I never opt to play as the bad guy in games that give you an alignment choice. So I feel like I'll find the story less interesting that that of POE.

Anyway, I have been meaning to play Original Sin since it was released and am planning/hoping to get to it in the somewhat near future. So yeah, the sequel interests me as well.
strangenova
Next-Gen

Post by strangenova »

Bump

So I see this recently got released on consoles. Is it worth the 50 for the game plus expansions?

Also has anyone picked up either console version and can vouch for its quality and ease of use with the controller?
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

I thought the base game is really good; I haven't gotten around to doing the expansions yet. Your enjoyment will come down to how much you enjoyed the Baldur's Gate games; the gameplay is quite similar even if the specific combat and character mechanics are different due to this not using the AD&D ruleset.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
strangenova
Next-Gen

Post by strangenova »

MrPopo wrote:I thought the base game is really good; I haven't gotten around to doing the expansions yet. Your enjoyment will come down to how much you enjoyed the Baldur's Gate games; the gameplay is quite similar even if the specific combat and character mechanics are different due to this not using the AD&D ruleset.

I wasn't very good at Baldurs Gate when I played it, but I enjoyed the world and story. I was alright at Icewind Dale if I recall correctly. Sounds good though.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Play Asia may have leaked the console release of Pillars II for December. Last I checked, Obsidian's site just listed a PC release.

https://www.play-asia.com/pillars-of-et ... /13/70bvxn
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

Post by PartridgeSenpai »

noiseredux wrote:Play Asia may have leaked the console release of Pillars II for December. Last I checked, Obsidian's site just listed a PC release.

Has anyone here given any time to it yet? I've been a bit hesitant on picking up the PC version so far.

I thought that PoE was a little flawed, but showed promise. A lot of the issues felt like things derived from being a Kickstarter game, and I thought a game whose structure wasn't tied to stretch goals would fix those problems. I have that hesitation on PoE2, though, because honestly Tyranny either didn't fix those problems or made them far worse, as Tyranny feels far more half-baked than PoE. It's to the point where I'd almost say the game feels unfinished. Like, I enjoy the style of game, but I'm a bit weary of delving into yet another Obsidian CRPG that will really fall apart narratively/end abruptly in the second/third act :(
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

PartridgeSenpai wrote:
noiseredux wrote:Play Asia may have leaked the console release of Pillars II for December. Last I checked, Obsidian's site just listed a PC release.

Has anyone here given any time to it yet? I've been a bit hesitant on picking up the PC version so far.

Well, it hasn't come out yet. It's still in backer beta and I haven't been able to try it because it will barely run on my Surface.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.