PC build thread

Windows, Mac, DOS, and all those-other personal computing platforms
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Re: PC build thread

Post by fastbilly1 »

samsonlonghair wrote:
fastbilly1 wrote:Samson that was the exact same setup and issue. Glad to hear that once I bite the bullet and upgrade to CC it will work.

I am waiting to buy the other parts after I buy the cpu. The 8600k will be mine...eventually.

Glad I could help, fast. :D

It also works the opposite way. If you don't care to upgrade to Adobe CC on both computers, you can install CS6 on both computers. The important part is that both machines are running the same version. The version of Adobe Premiere you use (be it CC or CS6) must match the version of Adobe Media Encoder.

Might was well just bite the bullet and buy CC by the year. I hate SAAS for the home but it is what it is.
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

fastbilly1 wrote:Might was well just bite the bullet and buy CC by the year. I hate SAAS for the home but it is what it is.

I feel you on that one, brother. SaaS makes sense on enterprise-level scales, but not so much for freelancers. That's just the way the industry is moving. What can we do? C'est la vie!
Sano
Next-Gen

Post by Sano »

I just recently upgraded to a Ryzen3 ^_^

CPU: Ryzen3 1300X with stock HS/F
MOBO: Asus Stryx B-350 F Gaming
RAM: 8GB (1x8GB) Ballistix DDR4 @2133MHz
GFX: EVGA 960GTX SSC
emwearz
Next-Gen

Post by emwearz »

Sano wrote:I just recently upgraded to a Ryzen3 ^_^

CPU: Ryzen3 1300X with stock HS/F
MOBO: Asus Stryx B-350 F Gaming
RAM: 8GB (1x8GB) Ballistix DDR4 @2133MHz
GFX: EVGA 960GTX SSC

If you got the B350 (which can overclock), just curious why you paid extra for the R3 1300X over the R3 1200?
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Well, Wolfenstein II is too much for my old rig, so I went ahead and ordered parts for a new one.

CPU: i7 7700K
RAM: 32GB DDR4-4000
GPU: GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB

I'm going to move over all the SATA devices from my existing machine so I don't need to worry about that. And I ended up getting a full tower to have a roomier case for all the cabling; I had a lot of trouble putting together my old mid tower.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

You didn't hold back. :lol:

I'm feeling too lazy about motherboard/CPU upgrading, at that point I think I'm just going to build an entire new rig. I would like to get a little more out of my GTX 1060, but who knows.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Well, the last one lasted me five years and was a similar level of not holding back, so I figured I'd stick with that plan.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
isiolia
Next-Gen

Post by isiolia »

Well, if that doesn't solve your framerate problems, I'm not sure what would...

I get tempted more to upgrade for storage reasons (NVMe), or as part of building into a new case that's better suited to the number of HDDs I have in it. However, the ol' 3770k itself has remained solid.
SNESdrunk
Next-Gen

Post by SNESdrunk »

Curious if there's any opinions here on the GeForce GTX 1050 Ti SC

I'm not interested in getting a ginormous $300+ GPU that I can barely cram into my case, and I don't really play anything high end graphics-wise anyway. Just wondering if anyone's had any trouble with it working with Windows 10, or having to replace it or whatever.

I'll be pairing it with this stuff eventually: AMD Ryzen 7 1700 CPU, and 2x 16GB DDR4-2400 memory
isiolia
Next-Gen

Post by isiolia »

I haven't used a 1050Ti, but my 1080 has been very solid as long as I keep it to core drivers (GeForce Experience seemed to introduce problems).