Windows, Mac, DOS, and all those-other personal computing platforms
J T
Next-Gen

Re: A free PC game every few days

Post by J T »

Murder Dog IV: Trial of The Murder Dog
SIZE: 14MB

*Click for Download Page*

I'm not sure if there was a Murder Dog 1, 2, or 3 before this, or if this just starts on part IV like Star Wars. What I do know is that Murder Dog is clearly guilty of mercilessly murdering thousands of innocent Americans, but that doesn't change your job of defending him in court. This game lampoons the US legal system and generates quite a few good laughs in the process.
My contributions to the Racketboy site:
Browser Games ... Free PC Games ... Mixtapes ... Doujin Games ... SotC Poetry
J T
Next-Gen

Post by J T »

Super Smash Land
SIZE: 21MB

*Click for Download Link and Trailer Video*

This is a Game Boy demake of a N64 game that you play on your PC. Complicated? Not really. Super Smash Land is a very retro approach to the retro Super Smash Bros game. Play as Link, Mario, Pikachu, Kirby... or Mega Man? I haven't actually had a chance to play it yet, but I've heard it controls remarkably well. I'm posting without previewing it simply because it contains a bunch of characters that the game creators don't own the rights to, so this may all be gone before you know it if Nintendo's (or Capcom's) lawyers catch whiff of it.
mrkola
16-bit

Post by mrkola »

J T wrote:Super Smash Land
SIZE: 21MB

*Click for Download Link and Trailer Video*

This is a Game Boy demake of a N64 game that you play on your PC. Complicated? Not really. Super Smash Land is a very retro approach to the retro Super Smash Bros game. Play as Link, Mario, Pikachu, Kirby... or Mega Man? I haven't actually had a chance to play it yet, but I've heard it controls remarkably well. I'm posting without previewing it simply because it contains a bunch of characters that the game creators don't own the rights to, so this may all be gone before you know it if Nintendo's (or Capcom's) lawyers catch whiff of it.

I just played through the arcade mode as Mario. Pretty awesome stuff. I'd say it controls well and does a good job of working within the limitations. I'm going to try to get a couple of people to play it with me tonight as there's an option for multiplayer ^_^. I'll let you guys know how that goes. Also I'll second the 'grab it while you can' ... who knows how long you'll be able to..
Systems: Odyssey²|Atari2600|NES|Famicom|SMS|MVS|Genesis/32x|MVS|TG16|SNES|3DO|Saturn|PS1|N64|Dreamcast|PS2|oXbox|
GameCube|Xbox 360|Wii|PS3|WiiU|XbONE|PS4|Gameboy|GameGear|Virtual Boy|Nomad|GBP|GBC|GBA|DS|PSP|3DS|Vita
[Collection -Out of Date] [DeviantArt] [last.fm] [Big Rapids LAN]
isiolia
Next-Gen

Post by isiolia »

The Steam copy of Portal is available for free (again) for a limited time here.
J T
Next-Gen

Post by J T »

Forget Me Not
SIZE: 8MB
Platforms: PC, Mac, iOS

*Click for Developer Blog with Download Link*

Forget Me Not is a smart mix of Pac Man and Rogue. It's a wonderful little munch 'em up that will have you gobbling dots and fruits in procedurally generated mazes. This can be purchased for the iOS via the i-tunes store, or just download freely for PC or Mac at the link above. This game is a lot of old school fun.
J T
Next-Gen

Post by J T »

mrkola wrote:I just played through the arcade mode as Mario. Pretty awesome stuff. I'd say it controls well and does a good job of working within the limitations. I'm going to try to get a couple of people to play it with me tonight as there's an option for multiplayer ^_^. I'll let you guys know how that goes. Also I'll second the 'grab it while you can' ... who knows how long you'll be able to..

I got around to playing Super Smash Land the other day. I played through arcade mode as Link. It was pretty simple to pick up and fun to play. I think the controls feel just a bit stiff somehow though. The gameplay also felt a bit limited, although perhaps that should be expected with a demake. It's fun, but it won't replace any of your official Smash Bros games by any stretch. Still, the novelty of a Gameboy version was enjoyable.
J T
Next-Gen

Post by J T »

Power Rangers FMV

Someone cobbled together an FMV game out of old episodes of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. The game is basically just a bunch of quick time events, but come on, it's the Rangers! Those Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.
Ivo
Next-Gen

Post by Ivo »

Dude! Power Rangers! I might try that one.

Ivo.
J T
Next-Gen

Post by J T »

Twin Peaks: Black Lodge
SIZE: 19MB
Platforms: PC and Mac

*Click for Synopsis and Download Links*

David Lynch's television classic finally sees the surreal Atari 2600 demake it deserves!
AmishSamurai
Next-Gen

Post by AmishSamurai »

MrPopo wrote:The life lesson here is jobs will come and go, but Earthbound will always be there for you.

I'm a girl btw