It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum?

Windows, Mac, DOS, and all those-other personal computing platforms
yomomma1
128-bit

Re: It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum?

Post by yomomma1 »

Yea, but Sony has it's game department origins in nintendo... Metal gear solid has its origins in playstation. Halo has it origins in mac... But I don't post Metal Gear Solid The Twin Snakes in Sony.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

:lol: Was searching and found this.

CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

yomomma1
128-bit

Post by yomomma1 »

CRTGAMER wrote::lol: Was searching and found this.

I'd vote for him.
Ack

Post by Ack »

yomomma1 wrote:Yea, but Sony has it's game department origins in nintendo... Metal gear solid has its origins in playstation. Halo has it origins in mac... But I don't post Metal Gear Solid The Twin Snakes in Sony.

But the PlayStation was released separately from Nintendo after a public split, and while the original Metal Gear series has its Nintendo iterations, Metal Gear Solid was always a PlayStation product, hence why it's been stuck with Sony. Halo has it origins on a Mac, but the series has been a major boost to Xbox sales, hence why when we refer to the Halo series, we associate it with Microsoft.

Duke Nukem Forever belongs in the Personal Computer forum for similar reasons:

1) The most popular iterations (or at least those most fondly remembered) were PC games, in particular Duke Nukem 3D, which is considered the defining game of the series. Though it did see console ports, like Duke Nukem 64, 3D is still what most gamers think of when they think Duke Nukem.

2) Duke Nukem Forever was always a PC game, as a sort of follow up to Duke Nukem 64. It has always been that way, beginning with its development long before the current generation of consoles. Heck, production started before Microsoft had released their first console. When you ask people what machine they think of when they think Duke Nukem Forever, they'll think PC.

3) Though there have been console games released, those aren't what we think of when we think of Duke Nukem, similar to how our minds gloss over the later years when someone says Mega Man, instead thinking of the NES days. To this day I consider Mega Man an NES series, despite releases on the SNES, PlayStation, and Xbox Live.

Duke Nukem Forever is and has always been a PC game, starting development when the PC market was at its height. Hence it stays in Personal Computers.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

All outta gum, you can save and hear this over and over!

Come get some ..... Duke Nukem Soundboard. :D
http://uploads.ungrounded.net/414000/414226_w3baholicDukeNukem.swf
Last edited by CRTGAMER on Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

emwearz
Next-Gen

Post by emwearz »

Duke Nukem Forever is and has always been a PC game, starting development when the PC market was at its height. Hence it stays in Personal Computers.

Agreed, You ask what platform Duke Nukem is on, I would be shocked if anyone said anything but PC.
yomomma1
128-bit

Post by yomomma1 »

emwearz wrote:

Agreed, You ask what platform Duke Nukem is on, I would be shocked if anyone said anything but PC.

Well fine. I'm not going to bother and try to understand the organization of forum posts. Going to post tales topics in it doesn't get released in America forum.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

yomomma1 wrote:
emwearz wrote:

Well fine. I'm not going to bother and try to understand the organization of forum posts. Going to post tales topics in it doesn't get released in America forum.
No worries, maybe thread is in the appropriate section, Duke Nukem is remembered as PC game.

Just frustrated that game took so long that a PS2 release won't happen. :evil:

Image Image

s1mplehumar
Next-Gen

Post by s1mplehumar »

CRTGAMER wrote:All outta gum, you can save and hear this over and over!

Come get some ..... Duke Nukem Soundboard. :D
http://uploads.ungrounded.net/414000/414226_w3baholicDukeNukem.swf

That is AWESOME!

yomomma1 wrote:

Sorry for posting a PC game in the PC category. Seriously, Duke belongs on PC :wink:
Nintendo ID, PSN, XBL: Eronnicus * Steam ID: s1mplehumar * Switch Friend Code: SW-3270-7921-5525
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

I was gonna post this at Niode's thread, I thought was about the movie Evil Dead.
http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=24457

Well anyways Hail to the King baby! :mrgreen: