Mine is Awesome_Coolguy.
Insert clever quote here.
My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/3DSStrider
Let's Play Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuNEFO ... qkaLOHc2nQ
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Re: Share your Quake Live names!

Post by fastbilly1 »

For those who dont know, since this is the first post in almost a year here, Quake Live is on steam and as of today is a one time fee to play. Pretty much the entire purpose of Quake Live is now upside down, but we get a constantly updated version of Q3TA on steam for $10.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

fastbilly1 wrote:For those who dont know, since this is the first post in almost a year here, Quake Live is on steam and as of today is a one time fee to play. Pretty much the entire purpose of Quake Live is now upside down, but we get a constantly updated version of Q3TA on steam for $10.

oh it's a one-time $10? I must have read whichever article I had read wrong - thought it was a $10/mo subscription and was like "nope!"
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

It was a monthly subscription, up until a couple days ago.

I paid the monthly fee for a bit, back when all my college buddies were playing it, but stop and said I would pay a one time fee. Here we come full circle.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

Yeah there is a bit of a hooplah over it though, as everyone lost their friends list, clan information and stats. Tons of people are furious over this.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

I feel confused now. I had Quake Live on Steam back when we did Quake for TR and I played it for free. I thought it was going from Free to Monthly Fee, but you're saying it's gong from Monthly Fee to one-time $10? How the heck did I have it and play it free back then?
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

noiseredux wrote:I feel confused now. I had Quake Live on Steam back when we did Quake for TR and I played it for free. I thought it was going from Free to Monthly Fee, but you're saying it's gong from Monthly Fee to one-time $10? How the heck did I have it and play it free back then?

It was free to play, but if you wanted to track stats, host matches, etc, you had to pay a monthly fee.

BogusMeatFactory wrote:Yeah there is a bit of a hooplah over it though, as everyone lost their friends list, clan information and stats. Tons of people are furious over this.

Yeah I see that. But since I did not invest heavily in it - my love of Quake DM goes up and down anyway, this is great for me. The only thing that would make it better is if they did a GOG release.
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

fastbilly1 wrote:The only thing that would make it better is if they did a GOG release.

MAKE IT SO GOG!
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
Mozgus
Next-Gen

Post by Mozgus »

This thread really shouldn't be a sticky anymore. The game stupidly isn't even free anymore. It fizzled out anyway.