XCOM 2 thread of the game

Windows, Mac, DOS, and all those-other personal computing platforms
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Re: XCOM 2 thread of the game

Post by noiseredux »

MrPopo wrote:It's your fault for trusting Aquaman with something important.

no joke.

But progress has been really good. Last night I actually defeated one of the Chosen for good. I had no idea what to expect from that mission, and a few things caught by surprise. First of all, some of the chambers had some startling enemies. Like three Codex's and some snake dudes. Ugh.

I also didn't understand how the portal to the Chosen worked. I got 5 of my 6 troops on it and figured I'd have them just wait a turn so the 6th could make it over, but once on the portal there was no option to hunker down or anything. I had to send her back to the Avenger while only five troops could proceed. Which sucked as she was the primary healer of the group.

I also didn't predict that the Chosen would resurrect herself so that was a bit dicey. All in all, it went fairly well. I lost one troop sadly - a Templar named Donatello. But it was still a success given that the Chosen are down by a third and the Avatar Project is only running at two notches on its red belt.

Which reminds me; we watched Avatar over the weekend and every time they talked about "the Avatar Project" it made me think of XCOM.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

So I think you messed something up; you should be able to take your full six man squad into the teleporter to phase two of the Chosen Base Assault missions.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

yeah, but it seems like you have to get them all on the teleporter in the same turn to do so. Or else something wasn't working right.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

You definitely don't need to do it in a single turn. Did you maybe have the last guy not actually on the teleporter because you derped?
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Jmustang1968
Next-Gen

Post by Jmustang1968 »

noiseredux wrote:yeah, but it seems like you have to get them all on the teleporter in the same turn to do so. Or else something wasn't working right.

You can just hit end turn at top right of the screen, ends turn for entire squad.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

hmm. Alright then I just screwed up. I'll know better for next time then.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Hunter's done, and I'm on the mission to attack the 3rd Chosen now.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Awww man, it sounds like you didn't have the Templar do Fun Stuff to you. Guess I'll tell you what it is in this spoiler:
You know how he has a mind control? Well, when he uses it on a Retaliation mission with friendly NPCs with rifles your mind controlled soldiers tend to get prioritized in the targeting routine. And that crazy accuracy they have means that they tend to execute those who betray XCOM through their feeblemindedness. I lost two guys in one mission that way.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

oh man, that actually would suck yeah. Haha.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

all three Chosen are goners. Sadly we lost El Diablo in that battle however.