Windows, Mac, DOS, and all those-other personal computing platforms
marlowe221
Next-Gen

Re: Kickstarter Projects Worth Considering

Post by marlowe221 »

SNESdrunk wrote:
Ack wrote:Oh...oh my...

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mst3k/bringbackmst3k

Joel wants MST3K to come back. Day one on the Kickstarter, and it's already a fourth of the way to its minimum goal. They want to crowdfund an entire season.

More insight from Joel via reddit:

"This Kickstarter is really about making NEW episodes of MST3K, not making more of the old episodes, even though I love them as much as everyone else.

Mike's not hosting it, and I'm not either. I think it's important for the show to move on to it's next host, just like it always would have if it weren't canceled. That was always the idea for the show – it just wasn't clear because two doesn't make a pattern, and we got canceled before we ever had a third host.

I've invited everyone from the original cast to come back and participate creatively -- to write, and hopefully to do cameos as their Mad Scientist characters. I don't know yet who will and won't decide to come back. I think we'll know more after we see how this Kickstarter campaign goes. But this isn't a reunion show either. To keep the show fresh, I really believe it's important to keep bringing in new talent and keep looking forward."

Sweet crap on a stick, I will be backing this!!
Have: Sega Genesis, SNES, Atari 2600, Atari 7800, Atari 800XL, PC, N3DS XL, Wii U, GBA, Xbox One, Switch

Want: Games!!!
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

Fragems wrote:
fastbilly1 wrote:Come on Popo, you know you want to drop 15k on this.

Actually the top tier is $15k "+shipping". It's gone now anyways :lol: .

Gone is a state of mine. If someone drops a big chunk on it, they can make things up on the backend.
Fragems
Next-Gen

Post by Fragems »

Friday The 13th The Game

Kind of glad I waited to see it got funded before buying in. Now that the Stretch Goals are visible it looks like a lot of stuff I expected to be in the budget already isn't happening and SP is a pipe dream unless they get more then double they got so far another $910,000 in the next 60 hours :lol: . At least it's funded now at $714k hopefully they do a decent job with it. I'll probably pick it up at $10-15 on steam a couple months after release.
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1368459285/zed

New game from the artist behind Myst. So we get Obduction this year and Zed next year? Ok!
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
digimonfreak
8-bit

Post by digimonfreak »

Doesn't seem like there are many high profile KS projects this year compared to previous years. Thought something would pop up by E3.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

noiseredux wrote:This looks to be the first thing I'll ever Kickstart, and encourage you guys to as well.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/61 ... h-the-game

Friday The 13th The Game started life as Slasher Vol. 1 Summercamp. They have since gotten the Jason license from Sean Cunningham. Go to the KS page and watch the video. This has serious series involvement (Savini, Hodder, Manfredini...).

More importantly, this feels like it could be one of the most unique horror licensed games. It is a 7v1 game where one person plays as Jason and the other 7 as teenagers trying to survive the night. This sounds brilliant, and for once actually makes a lot of sense for a license like this. It's not Jason in a match-three-jewels game. It is authentic to the films.

I'm either doing the $50 tier where I get two keys for me and my wife, or the $100 where I get 5 keys and a physical copy. Undecided.

They've got 23 days left and about $230,000 to go of $700,00.

holy shit. I just got my Steam code. Game unlocks on 5/26. :shock:
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

Keep us informed. As much as you talked about it I am curious to how it plays. Hopefully itll be more like Giants than Evolve...you know good.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

I managed to get in 2 hrs of Friday The 13th over the weekend, and I have good news and bad. First, let's push aside the usual issues that multiplayer-only games have on day one when servers are involved. Yes, people are complaining about slow matchmaking or laggy connections. Your results will vary. I've not had much issues there, but it all depends. It is being actively worked on though.

The Good: The game itself does a fantastic game transposing the tone of the movies. Maps look excellent. Music is great. You can unlock Jason models from each movie. The settings are nostalgia bombs down to some impressive level of detail. But most importantly the gameplay is solid. You're playing a huge game of hide-n-seek. As an underpowered camp counselor you have many options for a win-condition. Be it "just survive the night," or you can repair a car (or boat, too I think?) and get out of there, or you can call the cops and have them rescue you, or call in Tommy Jarvis (!!!) to help protect you. There's lots to do... turn on radios to distract Jason, or set bear traps, or attempt to hide. As Jason you have overpowered powers, which really does fit the movies. The amount of freedom you're given is what will make this game fun for parties to walk away with hilarious stories.

The Bad: Right now there's a huge lack of content. There is no single player campaign, which would be fine except the MP is limited to just three maps right now. Three maps is not a lot. And though they're somewhat randomly generated layout-wise, three maps is just not enough to spend a lot of time on. The game is also rather buggy when it comes to some of the animations or clipping/hit collision. I'd like to think that's being worked on as well. Where the game stands right now is solid gameplay but a lack of real content to do much with it. I feel like this game will be great when it's got more to it. Right now it unfortunately feels like it should be Early Access.
Nemoide
Next-Gen

Post by Nemoide »

Nox Archaist, an 8-bit RPG for Apple II (also Mac & PC)

This probably won't appeal to most folks, but a new RPG for Apple II is enough for me!