eBay links and general discussion of auctions
Ziggy587
Next-Gen

Re: Selling my entire Game Boy collection

by Ziggy587 Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:11 pm

There's an hour left. You'll probably get at least one sniper. You could get a few bidders in the last 30 minutes, and I wouldn't be surprised if a couple of people bid in the last 60 seconds.

My Sale Thread - I am selling around three quarters of my video game collection as well as some other odds and ends!

I want to buy Universal Game Cases, if you have any spares please PM me! I'm looking to only deal with members that have good BST feedback on this forum.
fuctfuct
128-bit

by fuctfuct Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:28 pm

Curious how long have you had the games in those Chinese plastic cases?

I've wanted to use them for my games, but i've never been able to find out what kind of plastic they are made of. Kinda bothers me not knowing. Kinda like putting a nice comic in a cheap comic bag that doesn't list what its made of.

Certain plastics off gas and can cause the contents inside them to yellow, or worse. Your listing says you checked them monthly and quite a few of your games are yellowed. Did you notice any changes long term with the cases?
Broodstar
24-bit

by Broodstar Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:03 pm

fuctfuct wrote:Curious how long have you had the games in those Chinese plastic cases?

I've wanted to use them for my games, but i've never been able to find out what kind of plastic they are made of. Kinda bothers me not knowing. Kinda like putting a nice comic in a cheap comic bag that doesn't list what its made of.

Certain plastics off gas and can cause the contents inside them to yellow, or worse. Your listing says you checked them monthly and quite a few of your games are yellowed. Did you notice any changes long term with the cases?

I had the cases for about 2-3 years I think, and I haven't noticed anything changing to the cartridges...
The yellowed ones I got them like that.

To be honest, I haven't noticed anything changing to the carts since I have them. I supose the coloring gets done in the first 10-20 years, but I don't expect any coloring to happen after so much time...
I Am Fire And Life Incarnate.
My Game Boy collection
Ziggy587
Next-Gen

by Ziggy587 Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:41 pm

Looks like a few snipers at the end.

My Sale Thread - I am selling around three quarters of my video game collection as well as some other odds and ends!

I want to buy Universal Game Cases, if you have any spares please PM me! I'm looking to only deal with members that have good BST feedback on this forum.
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

by o.pwuaioc Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:08 pm

I wonder if the bidders were connected to some company that sells games, like LukieGames or others like that. I imagine more than individuals they would pay for lots, and you can't always tell ahead of time if the account is a store account. I know I sold lots to "people" and when I shipped it was addressed to LukieGames.
fuctfuct
128-bit

by fuctfuct Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:11 pm

Broodstar wrote:I had the cases for about 2-3 years I think, and I haven't noticed anything changing to the cartridges...

Cool, Might buy some.

I noticed the guys at MLiG use them now too. I'll ask them too. Maybe they tracked down the plastic used.
Broodstar
24-bit

by Broodstar Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:19 pm

Ziggy587 wrote:Looks like a few snipers at the end.

True, they were a couple of snipers :D

o.pwuaioc wrote:I wonder if the bidders were connected to some company that sells games, like LukieGames or others like that. I imagine more than individuals they would pay for lots, and you can't always tell ahead of time if the account is a store account. I know I sold lots to "people" and when I shipped it was addressed to LukieGames.

I have no idea yet. But many people buy lots to sell them piece by piece and make a profit out of it...

fuctfuct wrote:
Broodstar wrote:I had the cases for about 2-3 years I think, and I haven't noticed anything changing to the cartridges...

Cool, Might buy some.

I noticed the guys at MLiG use them now too. I'll ask them too. Maybe they tracked down the plastic used.

The only thing that I have noticed to the cases that I bought is that they have a specific smell of fresh plastic. More intense than in other plastic cases.
I Am Fire And Life Incarnate.
My Game Boy collection
Return to Auctions