eBay links and general discussion of auctions
Fragems
Next-Gen

Re: Things to sell on ebay?

by Fragems Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:15 pm

One thing I've considered is trying to resale older tools. When I used to go to estate auctions you'd be surprised by how many tools were left at around 11ish when the auction was wrapping up and most of the collector's/resellers were gone you could get tool boxes full of older stuff for around $1-5 and really it's not hard to find tools for sub $1 each at yard sales and flea markets. Really quality tools are pretty easy to pick out and really damaging them is near impossible. Sure shipping is a bitch but I think priority boxes/mailers would work out for a lot of those items. It's defiantly something I'd like to take a whack at.

My biggest annoyance about selling video games mainly disc is properly cleaning and testing stuff can be very time consuming. Plus with disc based games thorough testing is extremely hard and you have to worry about your customer either possibly having a dirty or dying laser :P.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

by Tanooki Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:09 pm

Tools do well but they're heavy, yet if they'll fit into a usps flat rate box of some size you're in good shape.

I keep my actions up, found a PS2 box sitting at the goodwill and almost didn't look in it. Ended up being a N64 with the ram exp (and jumper) memory card (3rd party) 1 controller, no av/power, and 18 carts of which 1/2 are nice things. That blew me away and for $35 that pretty much is covered with Super Mario 64.

Stunner...SM64 was 120stars with Yoshi. In 20 years I've never seen that, I quit around 100 as the camera/control bugged me on some. I'm keeping it. :)
Fragems
Next-Gen

by Fragems Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:29 pm

Another upside to buy it now listings that I've been using a lot recently is if you have to go out of town or something you can just jack all your listings up to insane prices to ensure no one buys them. That was one thing I always hated about auctions if you suddenly have to go somewhere for a few days you either have to take your items with you so you can ship them out or you risk damaging your account standing.
Return to Auctions