eBay links and general discussion of auctions
BoringSupreez
Next-Gen

Re: Misinformation on prices of games by media outlets

by BoringSupreez Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:24 am

dogman91 wrote:
BoneSnapDeez wrote:Only once have I had the opposite experience. My sister-in-law couldn't believe I spent $25 on a CIB Phantasy Star. "Aren't all these old games worthless? No one plays this stuff anymore."

I've that had experience with my parents who threw out a near-mint model 1 Genesis and CIB Altered Beast. :x

There should be a short film about a guy who invents a time machine and uses it exclusively to save videogames and stuff like that. Creating a perfect future in which all the wars still happened, but CIB SNES games only cost like $10.
prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is nothing feigned about it. What I wrote is a display of actual moral superiority.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:23 am

BoringSupreez wrote:There should be a short film about a guy who invents a time machine and uses it exclusively to save videogames and stuff like that. Creating a perfect future in which all the wars still happened, but CIB SNES games only cost like $10.

:lol:

I love that concept.
dogman91
128-bit

by dogman91 Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:57 pm

More from this guy: http://www.ebay.com/sch/Video-Games-Con ... les&_sac=1

Lol, who does he think he's kidding?
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

by o.pwuaioc Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:11 am

dogman91 wrote:More from this guy

Lol, who does he think he's kidding?

No one. Look through his recent sales. Nobody 6 pages in has bought a single game for him.

He uses it to catch people to look at his site, which is why you shouldn't even link to him. It gives him exactly what he wants, and it's bad for our hobby.
Omerta
Next-Gen

by Omerta Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:43 am

Must be spreading through social media.

My wife told me that we have a $500 Beauty and the Beast VHS because of an article on Facebook about expensive Disney garbage. I told her to click on "sold listings".

Hilariously, all of this crap is gonna go up in price because some click-bait writer doesn't know the difference between asking prices and selling prices while going viral with bunk information.
"Farewell, good hunter.
May you find your worth
in the waking world."
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

by o.pwuaioc Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:20 am

Omerta wrote:Must be spreading through social media.

My wife told me that we have a $500 Beauty and the Beast VHS because of an article on Facebook about expensive Disney garbage. I told her to click on "sold listings".

Hilariously, all of this crap is gonna go up in price because some click-bait writer doesn't know the difference between asking prices and selling prices while going viral with bunk information.

My wife saw that today, too. Reminds me (ironically enough) of this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rE3j_RHkqJc
GSZX1337
Next-Gen

by GSZX1337 Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:44 am

Sigh, another reason why I'm sick of BuzzFeed.
casterofdreams wrote:On PC I want MOAR FPS!!!|
Soldier Blue
128-bit

by Soldier Blue Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:31 am

BogusMeatFactory wrote:
The only thing I have of worth is my saturn stuff. It is all American releases and has all the big ticket items.......loose....with some manuals..... :cry:

The only way to do it really. Crazy how much CIB goes for compared to disc only. I do the same thing. Disc only and auction is the way to go.

Dragon Force $110 CIB - Disc Only $50
Contra Legacy of War: $150 - $45 Disc Only.

Prices are just insane. But if you buy disc only you can always get a custom case...or make your own.

Also will say the video price chart prices for loose are WAY OFF. You can often get them on ebay for a lot cheaper than what it says.
Racketboy and Seller Feedback: Racketboy +7,
Video Price Charting Store:
https://www.pricecharting.com/offers?se ... rni7irmnam
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

by BogusMeatFactory Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:37 am

Soldier Blue wrote:
BogusMeatFactory wrote:
The only thing I have of worth is my saturn stuff. It is all American releases and has all the big ticket items.......loose....with some manuals..... :cry:

The only way to do it really. Crazy how much CIB goes for compared to disc only. I do the same thing. Disc only and auction is the way to go.

Dragon Force $110 CIB - Disc Only $50
Contra Legacy of War: $150 - $45 Disc Only.

Prices are just insane. But if you buy disc only you can always get a custom case...or make your own.

Also will say the video price chart prices for loose are WAY OFF.

Well....if you knew why they are loose...with some manuals....you would be disappointed in me.

These were bought at super clearance when the saturn died....complete in box.

My oldest brother bought them at about $5 a pop and we have all the non-SHMUP necessities for the system. As kids we didn't take care of them so they are just sitting in some jewel cases.....all alone. :cry:
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
Return to Auctions