eBay links and general discussion of auctions
Soldier Blue
128-bit

Strange ebay shipping problem. Any thoughts?

by Soldier Blue Mon May 11, 2015 3:22 pm

So not too long ago on April 10, 2015 I had sold a copy of Super Mario Bros. 2 on ebay.
The buyer paid me, the item was sent out and he left me positive feedback when he got the item. The tracking said that he received the item on April 17, 2015. Everything was fine and dandy.

Now flash forward to today (May 11) and I now have the game. Seriously, WTF??? USPS shipped it back to me claiming the buyer does not live at the address. Now I am so confused as to how the buyer could leave positive feedback and claim having the item, but not even have the item! I already have tried contacting him and I guess I will give him time to respond, but I am just totally perplexed on what is going on. Any thoughts on what happened?
Racketboy and Seller Feedback: Racketboy +7,
Video Price Charting Store:
https://www.pricecharting.com/offers?se ... rni7irmnam
TSTR
Next-Gen

Re: Strange ebay shipping problem. Any thoughts?

by TSTR Mon May 11, 2015 3:54 pm

bank error in your favor
collect $200
mjmjr25

by mjmjr25 Mon May 11, 2015 4:04 pm

Was it a home address or a PO Box?

I've had situations (on the forums) where items show as delivered, or out for delivery / notice left, and the buyer leaves me feedback, despite not having gotten it yet.

Just last month a neo member in Ireland asked me to ship him a game - I told him it would cost more to ship it than it's worth. He asked me to ship to a PO Box in Texas. He messaged me a week later to ask if i'd shipped - I provided him a tracker and said, "Item says delivered." He then left me positive feedback. It's entirely possible (very unlikely, but possible) that is the wrong PO box and it could come back to me one day.
Soldier Blue
128-bit

by Soldier Blue Mon May 11, 2015 4:10 pm

Yeah it is a home address. No idea why the item was shipped back after he had it. He even left a message saying "Fast Shipping, Nice case". So I assume he received it at some point.
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

by Gunstar Green Mon May 11, 2015 5:37 pm

Soldier Blue wrote:Yeah it is a home address. No idea why the item was shipped back after he had it. He even left a message saying "Fast Shipping, Nice case". So I assume he received it at some point.

That is pretty bizarre.
Soldier Blue
128-bit

by Soldier Blue Mon May 11, 2015 5:52 pm

Buyer just contacted me and said that they had put the wrong address in their ebay profile (although it is still like that) and also mistakenly gave me positive feeback because they were thinking it was a different item. :roll:
Now they want me to send it a new address they gave me.
ninjainspandex
Next-Gen

by ninjainspandex Mon May 11, 2015 6:05 pm

Soldier Blue wrote:Buyer just contacted me and said that they had put the wrong address in their ebay profile (although it is still like that) and also mistakenly gave me positive feeback because they were thinking it was a different item. :roll:
Now they want me to send it a new address they gave me.

Is he going to cover the shipping? he is 100% in the wrong here.
Return to Auctions