eBay links and general discussion of auctions
Soldier Blue
128-bit

Goodwills that have switched to Auctioning. List them here!

by Soldier Blue Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:36 pm

Hey guys, I figured it might be good to list goodwills that have started auctioning everything off so we can avoid them! We can also list "good" goodwills. Ones that don't auction everything off. And this can mean online or in a store auction.

Bad Goodwill stores

Texas:

Austin:
Slaughter, Brodie LN

San Marcos

Good Goodwill stores

San Antonio
Racketboy and Seller Feedback: Racketboy +7,
Video Price Charting Store:
https://www.pricecharting.com/offers?se ... rni7irmnam
Hazerd
Next-Gen

Re: Goodwills that have switched to Auctioning. List them he

by Hazerd Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:39 pm

Well my local Goodwill store never has anything game related, so i havent been there in months, going to assume they ship everything to be auctioned.

Shame really, but hopefully this thread doesnt turn into Goodwill bashing, even though they kinda deserve it.
aaron
Next-Gen

by aaron Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:50 am

clickgoodwill.com is all the decent stuff from goodwills in central indiana.
Steam / PSN / Twitter: aaronjohnmiller
Tanooki
Next-Gen

by Tanooki Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:04 pm

Well maybe it's just me, but I think you'll find it hard to get people to list any locations left that keep the good stuff around because they'll consider it competition. I can see the hate list growing enough as anyone would be fine sharing not to waste their time on a dead spot and that would go for any useless goodwill, salvation army, misc thrift shop or even flea market.
Fragems
Next-Gen

by Fragems Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:18 pm

They still hold onto most of it around here Huntingon + Barboursville, WV and Southpoint, OH. However they price everything ridiculously high unless it is a sports title or something that they have no clue about. They are especially bad with Hardware pretty much any console gets a $40+ price tag slapped on right next to the AS-IS Untested label :lol: . Most locations sell the controllers separately as well :roll: .
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

by CRTGAMER Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:49 pm

Seattle Goodwill - Online Sales
Not sure if this or the list in OP has much use. There are multiple Goodwill locations in most every city.

I just ordered an out of print 3 disc movie from Amazon for only $7.79 shipped. Evidently the seller is Goodwill who stated all DVDs are in original case and never displayed in their store, only go directly to online sales. This sold me with fingers crossed a movie with all the documents (Grauman's Chinese Theater Souvenir Premiere Program and commemorative movie ticket) and rare extra footage (more then newer Bluray) inside. This is almost worthy of a Criterion release, I'll post the movie title once I get it!

Goodwill Seattle wrote:All our DVDs are the original disc in the original case. This item is only available for purchase online and is not available in the Goodwill store.

I loath the idea of Goodwill getting into online sales, but if this movie is CIB clean, well worth the price!
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

Return to Auctions