eBay links and general discussion of auctions
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

The WTF/LOL Ebay/Craigslist - Goodwill offshoot discussion

by prfsnl_gmr Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:19 pm

Although I bid very rarely, I occasionally browse shopgoodwill.com to look at the cool stuff that is donated to the various Goodwill organizations around the country. Today, I found this:

http://www.shopgoodwill.com/auctions/Lot-of-9--Nintendo-Games-15493886.html

which, although it was only listed today, has already received 10 bids and an auction price above $500. It will be interesting to see the final sales price. (When you reach those sort of numbers, shopgoodwill.com's exorbitant shipping costs don't matter too much...but the fact the items are untested does...)

EDIT: The last one available on eBay sold with a "buy it now" price of $1000. The copy of Silent Service included in this lot will probably push the price much higher, however...

Mod edit - I trimmed this out so it doesn't contaminate the happy go lucky LOL finger pointing of the original thread - Hobie
Hazerd
Next-Gen

Re: The WTF/LOL Ebay/Craigslist Link Extravaganza Thread

by Hazerd Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:30 pm

prfsnl_gmr wrote:Although I bid very rarely, I occasionally browse shopgoodwill.com to look at the cool stuff that is donated to the various Goodwill organizations around the country. Today, I found this:

http://www.shopgoodwill.com/auctions/Lot-of-9--Nintendo-Games-15493886.html

which, although it was only listed today, has already received 10 bids and an auction price above $500. It will be interesting to see the final sales price. (When you reach those sort of numbers, shopgoodwill.com's exorbitant shipping costs don't matter too much...but the fact the items are untested does...)

EDIT: The last one available on eBay sold with a "buy it now" price of $1000. The copy of Silent Service included in this lot will probably push the price much higher, however...

Additional Information Added 2/6/2014 11:29:55 AM
Please note that the Yellow Zelda Game is an extremely rare game that generally sells for $600-$800 alone. This game was never intended to be available to the public. It was created for test purposes and only used in Nintendo repair Centers.

Yeah Goodwill can suck a dak.
aaron
Next-Gen

by aaron Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:00 pm

seriously. fuck goodwill. i try not to even go in there anymore. piece of shit company.

"Please note that the disabled employee who processed this donation was paid under $1 an hour."
Steam / PSN / Twitter: aaronjohnmiller
Hazerd
Next-Gen

by Hazerd Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:03 pm

aaron wrote:seriously. fuck goodwill. i try not to even go in there anymore. piece of shit company.

"Please note that the disabled employee who processed this donation was paid under $1 an hour."

Whatever you do, dont google "goodwill is overpriced" :wink:
Ack

by Ack Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:10 pm

Hazerd wrote:
aaron wrote:seriously. fuck goodwill. i try not to even go in there anymore. piece of shit company.

Whatever you do, dont google "goodwill is overpriced" :wink:

Too late. That said, as I've never had a good experience looking for games at Goodwill when compared to other thrift stores where I grew up, I tend to forget about them anyway.
I have a movie review website now: https://moviereviewsbyamook.com/
oxymoron
Next-Gen

by oxymoron Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:10 pm

I thought you were exaggerating about them getting payed under a dollar until I googled it. That's just fucking disgusting. They pay the least to the people who need it the most. Goodwill just lost my business.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

by fastbilly1 Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:18 am

oxymoron wrote:

I thought you were exaggerating about them getting payed under a dollar until I googled it. That's just fucking disgusting. They pay the least to the people who need it the most. Goodwill just lost my business.

On the flip side, alot of those people would not be considered for employment at other companies. I am not saying it is acceptable, but some money is better than no money.
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

by Gunstar Green Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:57 am

Hazerd wrote:
Additional Information Added 2/6/2014 11:29:55 AM
Please note that the Yellow Zelda Game is an extremely rare game that generally sells for $600-$800 alone. This game was never intended to be available to the public. It was created for test purposes and only used in Nintendo repair Centers.

Yeah Goodwill can suck a dak.

What's the story with the yellow cartridge? Everything I've found in reference to the test carts does say it goes for a few hundred dollars.

Of course packing it in with a bunch of incredibly common games and charging a hundred dollars more than around the maximum that it goes for is pretty insane.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:01 pm

Gunstar Green wrote:What's the story with the yellow cartridge? Everything I've found in reference to the test carts does say it goes for a few hundred dollars.

The last one to come on the market sold for $999.99 on eBay. (Right now, the auction is at $700. It does not end for nearly a week, however, and the serious bids wil come in at the last minute.) Moreover, it was a "buy it now" listing, which leads me to believe that the sale price was a bit too low. It will be interesting to see the results of this auction because it should provide us with a good "market price" for this incredibly rare variant.
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

by Hobie-wan Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:06 pm

Gunstar Green wrote:Of course packing it in with a bunch of incredibly common games and charging a hundred dollars more than around the maximum that it goes for is pretty insane.

People have Bid it up that much, they didn't start it at "hundreds of dollars". It started at $9.99. :|
Return to Auctions