eBay links and general discussion of auctions
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Re: Prices of US games vs. JP games

by BoneSnapDeez Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:42 pm

In general, if a game was/is available in both North America and Japan I go for the North American version, as I prefer to play games in English.

That said, I absolutely love how cheap so many Japanese exclusives are - games like Cosmic Fantasy, Der Langrisser, Dragon Quest V/VI, Legend of Heroes 1/2, Lunar 1/2 (Saturn), Mother, Ys IV/V, and so many more I was able to find for practically nothing.
theclaw
Next-Gen

by theclaw Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:47 pm

Gunstar Green wrote:I noticed a popular series to fill holes with is Mega Man since Rockman games tend to almost always be substantially cheaper. I wonder if there will be a point where there are more Rockman cartridges in the US than Japan. :lol:

Then you have the fluke Rockman X8. Yikes. :shock:
Lum fan.
GamerMON
Next-Gen

by GamerMON Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:04 pm

Also US Sega Saturn games are long boxes. And remember all that extra plastic costs money.. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ninjainspandex
Next-Gen

by ninjainspandex Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:08 pm

theclaw wrote:
Gunstar Green wrote:I noticed a popular series to fill holes with is Mega Man since Rockman games tend to almost always be substantially cheaper. I wonder if there will be a point where there are more Rockman cartridges in the US than Japan. :lol:

Holy crap why is the japan version so expensive?
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

by Gunstar Green Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:48 pm

theclaw wrote:

I never had an interest in X8 so I never realized this. Pretty wild.
kidfresh
24-bit

by kidfresh Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:15 pm

That probably is a factor too. I never thought about the population difference. There's just *so* many more people who speak English compared to those who speak にほんご fluently. Even when you look at the world as a whole.

And 8-bit, those fighters look sick. I've never gotten into Saturn gaming, but maybe someday! Not to sidetrack.. but the only game I've ever played on a Saturn (not including ports) is that strip tease game, the Yakyuken Special. I was at a weird little party, hahaha.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:18 pm

kidfresh wrote:And 8-bit, those fighters look sick. I've never gotten into Saturn gaming, but maybe someday! Not to sidetrack.. but the only game I've ever played on a Saturn (not including ports) is that strip tease game, the Yakyuken Special. I was at a weird little party, hahaha.

I promise there's better games on Saturn that softcore Rochambeau. :lol:
Return to Auctions