eBay links and general discussion of auctions
Beak
64-bit

Take Two Seconds to Read the Listing...

by Beak Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:21 pm

Just want to vent a little. I'm trying unload a bunch of Wii game cases (I don't want them, but I'm sure someone needs a replacement case or two) on eBay. As soon as I listed them, they all sold. I say in the title, description and condition boxes several times in bolded, large font that I'm just selling the cases!

Because I don't want a mess, before I ship them I message the buyers saying "you're aware you're purchasing just the cases, correct?". Every single one has gotten back to me (6 in total) with short, curt messages "no i don't want that anymore thanx". Read the posting you nitwits! I'm not trying to scam you. Why would you blindly purchase an item without even reading the full title!! My listing says "Super Mario Bros Wii CASE ONLY, NO GAME". So frustrating.
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Re: Take Two Seconds to Read the Listing...

by Hobie-wan Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:05 pm

WTF is wrong with you crazy person expecting people to read. That's so hard OMG!
AppleQueso

by AppleQueso Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:11 pm

tl;dr
Fragems
Next-Gen

by Fragems Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:12 pm

Yeah that is the scariest thing about selling online is having to deal with ignorant customers :P. Just had a guy nail me on amazon :P. Sent me a return request during Black Friday which got buried under a mountain of spam just found out about it today when I got notice that the A-Z claim had been granted :P. Bad part was he has had the game over a month before messaging me so I thought everything was fine :P. Was the last item I sold on Amazon before getting tired of the 25% cut they took on every sale plus the two week waiting period for payments. It's scary being a seller online.
mjmjr25

by mjmjr25 Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:43 pm

AppleQueso wrote:tl;dr

+
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:45 pm

I didn't have time to read all the posts... did anyone say "tl;dr" yet?
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

by CRTGAMER Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:47 pm

Beak wrote:I say in the title, description and condition boxes several times in bolded, large font that I'm just selling the cases!

My listing says "Super Mario Bros Wii CASE ONLY, NO GAME". So frustrating.

Maybe for the stupid who are focussing on that Mario name, list the cases in large font (all caps for EMPTY) followed by small font for any that include a cover insert or manual? For the picture have the inserts if any displayed removed from the game cases.

Wii EMPTY Game Cases
Some cases include various game covers only.
NO GAMES ARE INCLUDED.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

Ack

by Ack Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:53 pm

According to Herodotus, when the banished Samians arrived in Sparta, they gave a long speech requesting aid from the local magistrates. At the end of the speech, the Spartans replied that they had forgotten the first half of the speech and therefore could not understand the second half.

On the second meeting with the local magistrates, the Samians held up a bag and said "The bag wants flour." The Spartans replied that they didn't have to say "the bag" but gave them aid anyway.

tl;dr Wants flour.
I have a movie review website now: https://moviereviewsbyamook.com/
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

by o.pwuaioc Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:59 pm

Ack wrote:According to Herodotus, when the banished Samians arrived in Sparta, they gave a long speech requesting aid from the local magistrates. At the end of the speech, the Spartans replied that they had forgotten the first half of the speech and therefore could not understand the second half.

On the second meeting with the local magistrates, the Samians held up a bag and said "The bag wants flour." The Spartans replied that they didn't have to say "the bag" but gave them aid anyway.

tl;dr Wants flour.

Book 3 of Herodotus. I love that you know that. Like, really, really, really love.
MrPopo

by MrPopo Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:09 pm

Maybe add one of the pictures be of the cases empty, then stop trying to save people from their ignorance. If they bid they must want it.
Games Beaten: 2015 2016 2017 2018
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Return to Auctions