eBay links and general discussion of auctions
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Re: The WTF/LOL Ebay/Craigslist Link Extravaganza Thread

by Tanooki Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:23 pm

Isn't etsy kind of an epic hot mess since you really can't search stuff on the site all that well let alone user accounts unlike ebay? My wife a few years back tried doing really good quality photography on there but the common thing was no one could ever find it without a direct link. Even searching a specific piece by name could bury it 12 pages deep.
Betagam7
128-bit

by Betagam7 Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:32 pm

Ziggy587
Next-Gen

by Ziggy587 Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:42 pm

flylikeabird wrote:How are people still falling for that scam, oldest ebay trick in the book lol. I remember when the original Xbox came out there were a ton of 100$ listings for an X "box." They were quite literal about the box part :wink:

I remember when Xbox 360 came out, the common eBay trick was selling a picture. As in, you see a picture in the listing of a brand new Xbox 360 and the description is cleverly worded "Picture of a brand new Xbox 360" and then you get a picture in the mail.
Soldier Blue
128-bit

by Soldier Blue Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:57 pm

Hey thanks Tanooki! Also I need to know if anyone really is able to sell things on video price charting. I love the look of the interface and how easy it is to list on there. I was hoping racketboy would do something similar and have a official marketplace type of thing.
Racketboy and Seller Feedback: Racketboy +7,
Video Price Charting Store:
https://www.pricecharting.com/offers?se ... rni7irmnam
Tanooki
Next-Gen

by Tanooki Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:20 pm

Betagam7 wrote:"Slight blemish on screen"

:lol:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nintendo-Game ... SwbD1Zhbnd

Hah kind of something like this?
Anayo
Next-Gen

by Anayo Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:46 pm

https://fayetteville.craigslist.org/vgm ... 09112.html

Looking for some one to modify my 360 to play xbox one games if possible.please text me @ (phone number)if you can help me out.thanks in advance...
Betagam7
128-bit

by Betagam7 Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:13 am

So apparently we've now reached the point where people think Super Famicom boxes covered in sticky tape are suitable packaging!

Am I the only one who thinks this is upsetting?

Full story below. I simply had to blog this.

http://www.obsoleteworlds.com/the-banyan-tree/gamedrop-10-and-the-desecration-of-a-super-famicom-box
Tanooki
Next-Gen

by Tanooki Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:13 pm

Betagam7 wrote:So apparently we've now reached the point where people think Super Famicom boxes covered in sticky tape are suitable packaging!

Damn that's rough. I had a similar thing happen earlier this year that blew my mind, but ultimately more reprehensible I suppose as the value isn't negligible like that JRPG there. I picked up 8 Man for the Neo Geo MVS on ebay. The dude listed it as the game but one picture showed a marquee. I got lucky it was ignored and got a good deal on it. Game shows up almost a week later in a box covered in a single layer of brown butcher paper. I end up ripping the paper off and feeling a moment of sheer shock, happiness, and anger at the same time along with a bit of of laughing mockery. The twit papered over the MVS kit box for that very game serial # and all, and within that box was the entire kit contents from the factory too. It's rare, rarely shows up on ebay to the point I couldn't even find a value or get a good guesstimate on it and the dude just paper wraps it as a freebie shipping box. I'm glad he was that stupid, more so that it wasn't crushed or damaged in transit.
Betagam7
128-bit

by Betagam7 Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:41 am

Tanooki wrote:
Betagam7 wrote:So apparently we've now reached the point where people think Super Famicom boxes covered in sticky tape are suitable packaging!

Damn that's rough. I had a similar thing happen earlier this year that blew my mind, but ultimately more reprehensible I suppose as the value isn't negligible like that JRPG there. I picked up 8 Man for the Neo Geo MVS on ebay. The dude listed it as the game but one picture showed a marquee. I got lucky it was ignored and got a good deal on it. Game shows up almost a week later in a box covered in a single layer of brown butcher paper. I end up ripping the paper off and feeling a moment of sheer shock, happiness, and anger at the same time along with a bit of of laughing mockery. The twit papered over the MVS kit box for that very game serial # and all, and within that box was the entire kit contents from the factory too. It's rare, rarely shows up on ebay to the point I couldn't even find a value or get a good guesstimate on it and the dude just paper wraps it as a freebie shipping box. I'm glad he was that stupid, more so that it wasn't crushed or damaged in transit.

I was surprised that the tape came off without damaging the box at all. Less surprised that the guy who sent it did that in the first place. I was haggling with him for months over that Gameking game until I eventually just lost interest. Then he finally put it on Ebay as an auction, only to clearly use a spoof account to buy it himself at the last second (as a way of finding out my maximum price) then contacted me on email claiming to have found another one. Finally agreed a price with him and then he came back offering me a "free" gift of a game I didn't want for another $5! He's one of those ebayers who contact you five times in a day revising his offer and trying to get you to buy more stuff. No surprise that he would tape up an old SFC box as packaging. He probably has the cart listed for $100 as we speak. :lol:

Glad you had a happier time with your Neo Geo box but I hope this taping up a box thing isn't a new trend. Surely people realise that people want the boxes of their games as mint as possible. :?
Tanooki
Next-Gen

by Tanooki Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:53 pm

With that guy it probably is. I've had some odd ball boxes come my way like a black video card box, shoebox, but I never had a cannibalized game or console/accessory box.

All that stuff you go over with gameking it makes me kind of interested but the hunt/price is a bit of a turn off as it's so wonky and obscure.
Return to Auctions