eBay links and general discussion of auctions
foxhound1022
Next-Gen

Re: The WTF/LOL Ebay/Craigslist Link Extravaganza Thread

by foxhound1022 Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:35 pm

AznKhmerBoi wrote:Ohh my bad i forgot to write that its pretty good deal lol. Anyways im gonna try to carve out Chrono Trigger, Earthbound, and Mario Rpg off him.

GameMasterGuy wrote:That's actually not that bad, especially considering how he also accepts best offer.

I wouldn't bother. I already was in contact with the guy numerous times, trying to buy the whole lot from him. I asked him twice for pics, and was ignored. But, as soon as I e-mailed saying I was willing to pay his asking price, I get a response in less than 20 min.

He told me Earthbound has Sharpie on it, and that the boxes range from very good to fair condition. Yet, he never specified what games were in what conditon. I don't know about anyone else, but that can mean the difference between $50 or $150. I told him I'd definitely have to see them before I decided anything; once again, nothing. I've decided not to bother anymore; guy's just wasting my time.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:02 am

Argh I hate it when people claim they'll negotiate and then ignore all emails that attempt to do just that. You know that dude's just waiting for the "hey man I'll pay $450!!!" message to drop in his inbox.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:58 am

I'm liking that $1 price. That's what I would pay for all six games:

http://maine.craigslist.org/vgm/2934145692.html

So many loose discs and GameStop sleeves:

http://maine.craigslist.org/vgm/2917936739.html

Someone is selling is a stolen bootleg?! Behold:

http://maine.craigslist.org/vgm/2933428332.html
Breetai
Next-Gen

by Breetai Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:17 pm

I am selling two working dreamcast consoles with 13 games and 4 controls. Of coures, this stuff is old, so it is not in perfect condition. But, it all works. I only have the cable hookups for one of the consoles, so that is the only thing missing from the complete set. The cases on the games are not perfect, but they work as far as I can tell. The prices below are what each games is sold for on amazon. The total of which would be over $350 and not include shipping and handling or the consoles. I am prepared to let the whole set go for $300 obo.

Ready to Rumble $34

Resident evil code name veronica $94

Virtua $43

Blitz $10

Nba 2k $4

Nba 2k1 $15

Nfl 2k $6

Tennis $l2

Sonic adventure $30

Tony Hawk Pro skater 2 $35

Crazy Taxi 2 $49

Crazy Taxis (Rough shape)

Rippin Riders $21

Total for only the games would be $353 on Amazon

I emailed him and basically told him it was really worth maybe $100-150 at best, and that quoting prices like $94 for Code Veronica or $43 for VF3 is just insane. He actually listened, and relisted for $200. Still high, but at least it's not so out there. He did say he'd sell it to me for $100 if nobody else bought it, so at least he is being true to his OBO. Total opposite of what was described above!

Still, I'm blown away by how some people look at one (overpriced) source and then base prices off that.
GameMasterGuy
Next-Gen

by GameMasterGuy Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:30 pm

BoneSnapDeez wrote:
So many loose discs and GameStop sleeves:

http://maine.craigslist.org/vgm/2917936739.html

"part with games seperatley for 3 dollars a piece."
FF10 and 12 for $3 each doesn't sound half bad.
Is that a 3DS XL in your pocket, or are you just glad to see me? ~ZeroAX
Valkyrie-Favor
Next-Gen

by Valkyrie-Favor Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:14 pm

The guy selling that PS2 has good taste in games. If they were CIB it would be a great deal.
Tsun tsun dere tsun dere tsun tsun~ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . UPDATED trade list
noiseredux wrote:Playing on your GBA/PSP you can be watching a movie/TV show/playing another RPG on your TV and then just look at the screen every once in a while
Duane Dibbley
128-bit

by Duane Dibbley Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:10 pm

My PS2 Broke - Chance to own my Playstation 2 video games - Lot of 69 + Bonuses

Note the image used for this auction. Also:
They do not come with their original cases or instructions but they take up too much space and nobody reads the instruction manuals anyway. I will send out all of the games in a CD cylinder which will keep them from bouncing around during the shipping process.
My games for sale: Racketboy, Amazon, eBay
My systems: NES, Nintendo 64, GameCube (Game Boy Player), Wii / Game & Watch: Ball, Game Boy Advance, Game Boy Advance SP (x2), Nintendo DSi / Genesis (Sega CD, 32X), Saturn / Game Gear / PlayStation, PlayStation 2 / Xbox / Mac (Windows PC) / iPhone, iPad
foxhound1022
Next-Gen

by foxhound1022 Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:02 pm

BoneSnapDeez wrote:Argh I hate it when people claim they'll negotiate and then ignore all emails that attempt to do just that. You know that dude's just waiting for the "hey man I'll pay $450!!!" message to drop in his inbox.

I even offered to pay his asking price! But as soon as I asked for pictures; nothing. Whatever. I just cannot justify that kind of expense with no visual evidence. Maybe it was a ruse to get me to meet him to see the games, only to rob me, IDK.
nielse16
24-bit

by nielse16 Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:15 am

AppleQueso

by AppleQueso Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:56 am

$20 for all that?

...ehhhhhhhhh

if you have the means to replace some of those really torn up labels and don't mind giving some of those carts a good cleaning, it's actually probably a pretty decent deal.

I wouldn't go for it at all, but that's probably because I already have most of those games
Return to Auctions