Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

SNES Hyperkin LASER Mouse - Not just Mario Paint - Arkanoid!

by CRTGAMER Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:28 pm

SNES Hyperkin Laser Mouse - Not just Mario Paint
The Nintendo ball mouse is okay, but why not upgrade to a clicky button laser accurate mouse? Blah Ha, Hyperkin makes one and at a decent price. There are actually quite a few SNES games that have a mouse option. Arkanoid will play even better with the laser upgrade! :D

Wiki wrote:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_NES_Mouse

List of compatible games

The Super NES Mouse, sold as the Super Famicom Mouse (スーパーファミコンマウス Sūpā Famikon Mausu) in Japan, is a peripheral created by Nintendo for the Super Nintendo Entertainment System. It was first released on July 14, 1992 in Japan and in other regions later that year. Originally designed for use with the game Mario Paint, the Super NES Mouse was sold in a bundle with the game and included a plastic mouse pad. Soon after its introduction, several other titles were released with the Mouse support.

Although this device closely resembles and mimics the functionality of a two-button computer mouse, it was smaller than most computer mice of the time and had a significantly shorter cord than the standard Super NES controller. The Super NES Mouse was supported by many games during its lifetime, and even by the Super Game Boy accessory.

Acme Animation Factory
Advanced Dungeons & Dragons: Eye of the Beholder
Alice no Paint Adventure (Japan only)
Arkanoid: Doh It Again
Asameshimae Nyanko (Japan only)
Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon S: Kondo wa Puzzle de Oshiokiyo! (Japan only)
Brandish 2: Expert (Japan only)
BreakThru!
Cameltry (called On the Ball in North America and the UK)
Cannon Fodder (PAL only)
Dai-3-ji Super Robot Taisen (Japan only)
Dai-4-ji Super Robot Taisen (Japan only)
Dōkyūsei 2 (Japan only)
Doom (uses port 1)
Dragon Knight 4 (Japan only)
Farland Story 2 (Japan only)
Fun 'n Games
Galaxy Robo (Japan only)
Hiōden: Mamono-tachi tono Chikai (Japan only)
J.R.R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings: Volume 1
Jurassic Park
King Arthur's World
Koutetsu no Kishi (Japan only)
Koutetsu no Kishi 2: Sabaku no Rommel Shougun (Japan only)
Koutetsu no Kishi 3: Gekitotsu Europe Sensen (Japan only)
Lamborghini American Challenge
Lemmings 2: The Tribes
Lord Monarch (Japan only)
Mario no Super Picross (Japan only)
Mario Paint
Mario & Wario (Japan only)
Mario's Early Years: Preschool Fun
Mega lo Mania (PAL only)
Might and Magic III
Motoko-chan no Wonder Kitchen (Japan only)
Nobunaga's Ambition
Operation Thunderbolt
Pieces
Populous II: Trials of the Olympian Gods (PAL only)
PowerMonger (PAL only)
Revolution X
Sangokushi Seishi: Tenbu Spirits (Japan only)
Sgt. Saunders' Combat! (Japan only)
Shanghai - Banri no Choujou (Japan only)
Shanghai III (Japan only)
Shien's Revenge
Sid Meier's Civilization
SimAnt: The Electronic Ant Colony
Snoopy Concert (Japan only)
Sound Fantasy (unreleased)
SpellCraft: Aspects of Valor (unreleased)
Super Caesars Palace
Super Castles (Japan only)
Super Pachi-Slot Mahjong (Japan only)
Super Solitaire
T2: The Arcade Game
Tin Star
Tokimeki Memorial: Densetsu no Ni no Shita de (Japan only)
Troddlers
Utopia: The Creation of a Nation
Vegas Stakes
Warrior of Rome III (unreleased)
Wolfenstein 3D
Wonder Project J: Kikai no Shounen Pino (Japan only)
Zan II Spirits (Japan only)
Zan III Spirits (Japan only)
Zico Soccer (Japan only)

:D Amazon - $!9.99 - https://www.amazon.com/Hyperkin-Hyper-C ... B0734BCWS1

:mrgreen: Walmart - $15.27 - https://www.walmart.com/ip/Hyperkin-Hyp ... /581485529
Last edited by CRTGAMER on Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

d123456
Next-Gen

Re: SNES Hyperkin LASER Mouse - Not just Mario Paint - Arkan

by d123456 Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:25 pm

They should make a paddle controller for arkanoid
Optimizing PS2 games 480p (progressive) and 240p gsm hdtv
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=30389
Tanooki
Next-Gen

by Tanooki Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:59 pm

Is that laser mouse really all that excellent? I guess I'm kind of surprised as they usually source crap.

From that list outside of Mario Paint the only ones I have are Doom and Sid Meier's Civilization and it's a truly fantastic conversion that would benefit greatly from it. I think it's my only CIB SNES game too and excellent all around. I never tried Doom and always forget it works with it and it's not noted in the manual either so I wonder how it even works.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

by CRTGAMER Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:58 pm

Tanooki wrote:Is that laser mouse really all that excellent? I guess I'm kind of surprised as they usually source crap.

From that list outside of Mario Paint the only ones I have are Doom and Sid Meier's Civilization and it's a truly fantastic conversion that would benefit greatly from it. I think it's my only CIB SNES game too and excellent all around. I never tried Doom and always forget it works with it and it's not noted in the manual either so I wonder how it even works.

The mouse is just a laser mouse, but that is what makes it special. This in light of the only mouse available for decades was the standard Nintendo ball mouse. Even though the buttons appear as gamepad buttons matched to the original SNES ball mouse which is the design intent, they click just as any modern mouse. The SNES Hyperkin Laser Mouse very solid response and a very nice addition for any SNES owner.

There are some decent games on that list above well worth a visit especially now with the new laser mouse option. One standout for me as mentioned is Arkanoid: Doh It Again, another is the classic Lemmings 2; enhanced greatly played with the laser mouse.

CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

Tanooki
Next-Gen

by Tanooki Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:59 am

Oh I remember them. I've had a few of those mouse games, but right now it's not like I have to buy them I have that super everdrive+dsp cart now for the last few months.

We pulled out the Mario Paint game today as my kid wanted to try it out and draw some. I found she was struggling a bit and maybe I need to clean it, but I did too and it's like you had to press pretty firmly for it to roll freely which I don't recall it being that way in the past.
Return to Game Deals