Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
TK Island Boy Gamer

Boxed NES Cleaner Kit - How much is it worth?

by TK Island Boy Gamer Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:21 pm

Whats up everyone? I'm not a game collector, but sure wish I could be one. See, its not possible to game collect if you live in some back ass island in the Atlantic Ocean. Any used game that even exists is for PS2 or XBox and nothing previous generation before then, and they are always $50.

So as kids, we'd rely on trips to the United States to get out games. Long story. Anyway.

So this year I'm planning on travelling to Portland for the Annual Retro Gaming Expo. Its high time I venture to another con, I did Megacon twice when I went to Orlando.

Seems people often bring their own games for hopes of trading for things they really want (boy do I got my own long list!). One of my goods I'm interested in bringing over the entire continent of the United States is this, an item I got as a Christmas gift in 1993.

It isn't complete, there are pieces and instruction manuals missing, but the box is there and the main component is there. I don't condone the idea that your old video games and things like that are worth gold, but I do know boxes can be sought after. Like I said, I'd be interested in trading it, if someone wants it that bad for something I'd like, say all four Japanese Original Pokemon Games or a Conkers Bad Fur Day.

Well, thats that. Just curious to see what my thing is worth thats all. I sure hope I make it to Portland this year!
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Re: Boxed NES Cleaner Kit - How much is it worth?

by fastbilly1 Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:25 pm

Hate to burst your bubble, with the manuals its worth about $20. They pop up on ebay all the time:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NES-CLEANING-KI ... SwTM5Yu41p
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Nintend ... SwSlBY0gzL
TK Island Boy Gamer

by TK Island Boy Gamer Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:27 pm

Thats alright, it seemed to be the rarest thing in my collection.

My NES collection is just like 8 titles. Got 2 Disney Capcoms and 2 Mario games but the rest is Caveman Games type titles. Vice Project Doom too.

Hope to come up with at least $500 spending money to load my collection up.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

by Exhuminator Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:54 pm

TK Island Boy Gamer wrote:Got 2 Disney Capcoms

Which would be? If you've got DuckTales 2 you're in for a surprise.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Sarge
Next-Gen

by Sarge Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:23 pm

Vice: Project Doom is worth about $35 on average. It's a nice game, to boot.
Hardcore Retro Gaming - Talk about games ten years old or older. Now with a modern gaming section!
“History isn't just the story of bad people doing bad things. It's quite as much a story of people trying to do good things. But somehow, something goes wrong.” -- C.S. Lewis
TK Island Boy Gamer

by TK Island Boy Gamer Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:09 pm

Exhuminator wrote:
TK Island Boy Gamer wrote:Got 2 Disney Capcoms

Which would be? If you've got DuckTales 2 you're in for a surprise.

Nope, just Ducktales and Chip n Dale. Basic. My whole NES collection is small and Basic. More Disney Capcom titles are also something I'd seek for. Particularly the Little Mermaid and Mickey Mousecapade.

Sarge wrote:Vice: Project Doom is worth about $35 on average. It's a nice game, to boot.

Thanks for letting me know! But I only have the cart. I dunno if something like this I'd be particular about trading for though. It certainly is the best game I have that isn't Capcom or Super Mario.

For clarity, here is what my simple and basic NES game consists of.

Super Mario Bros/Duck hunt
Super Mario Bros 3
Vice Project Doom
Ducktales
Chip n Dale Rescue Rangers
Caveman Games
Wheel of Fortune Junior Edition
Star Wars
Smash TV
Bugs Bunny's Crazy Castle
Return to Game Deals