Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
Fragems
Next-Gen

Re: Amazon / Amazon Warehouse Deals

by Fragems Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:06 pm

wclem wrote:
Fragems wrote:Transformers Devastation is on sale today. Prices are all over the place across the different platforms though.

XB1= $23.24
PS4= $28.04
PS3= $19.71
360= $25.61

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/ ... ssgam08-20

That dropped fast, was the game that bad?

I heard mostly good things from people who played it. A lot of people said it was really great if you liked the older shows and there was a ton to unlock. Only things I heard that were bad was the crafting system and repetitive enemies.
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

by retrosportsgamer Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:03 pm

I grabbed the last Chu Chu Rocket - thanks for the heads up!
Tanooki
Next-Gen

by Tanooki Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:20 pm

I noticed their filters in the warehouse etc aren't so great. You're not really searching over 1000+ listings for gems are you?
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:46 pm

wclem wrote:
Fragems wrote:Transformers Devastation is on sale today. Prices are all over the place across the different platforms though.

XB1= $23.24
PS4= $28.04
PS3= $19.71
360= $25.61

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/ ... ssgam08-20

That dropped fast, was the game that bad?

Nope. I picked it up a while ago, and I think it is totally awesome. (Basically, it is a very fast-paced action game from Platinum Games based on the Transformers of my youth.)
Fragems
Next-Gen

by Fragems Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:02 am

Tanooki wrote:I noticed their filters in the warehouse etc aren't so great. You're not really searching over 1000+ listings for gems are you?

There are a few searches that I frequent when I get bored and I usually go through 40-50 pages at a time before swapping searches. There is a lot of stuff to shovel through but I fly through it pretty fast. Usually I'll go through everything sub $10 in the just arrived or the general game section. Or I will just pull up the featured stuff at around page 50 and work onwards from there since most people stop before getting that deep and there is a good mix of items in different price ranges.

But yeah I'm simply browsing thousands of listings :lol: . I can average about 1 page every 15-30 seconds since most of it's shovel ware or bad prices so I can go through about 4k listings or so in an hour if I get in the mood to go virtual scavenging. Really with the local market the way it is it is more productive and enjoyable to just do that every few days rather then drive out to the pawns and flea markets looking for scraps.
Fragems
Next-Gen

by Fragems Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:31 am

Some more deals. Legend of Mana is a pricing error I'm pretty sure so hope on it if you want it I looks like there are 3 (LN) and 3 (G) left I think I got the last (VG).

PS1
Legend of Mana (G) $15.88 (VG) $16.88 (LN) $17.87

DS
Blue Dragon Plus (A) $6.01 Loose but still a solid game. I still find it odd that the 2 sequels to Blue Dragon(360) are on the DS :P. Originally thought Plus was a port/reboot for the series on the DS but it's actually set 1 year after the initial game.

PS2
Star Trek Encounters (G) $4.19 (LN) $4.71
Ecco The Dolphin: Defender of the Future (G) $6.80
Chaos Wars (N) $16.80 Been considering getting this for a while it seems to stick pretty firmly at this price. Mainly drawn to it because of the mash up of characters from other games. Chaos Wars is an immersive tactical role-playing experience featuring your favorite characters from such games as; Growlanser, Shadow Hearts, Gungrave, Spectral Force, and many others.
Stella Deus (G) $14.53 (LN) $16.35

PS3
Dark Souls Collector's Edition (G) $23.84 (CE is just a Tin Case + Artbook with a DLC code that will probably be used for soundtrack and etc.)
Final Fantasy XIII-2 Collector's Edition (G) $16.81 (LN) $18.91
FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 Collector's Edition features a 20-page concept art book, 4-disc original soundtrack, and game disc, all contained in a premium hardcover digipak case with illustrations by Yoshitaka Amano.

Xbox
Doom 3 Limited Collector's Edition (G) $4.66

Also some games I've never heard of or checked out to closely none were at prices worth mentioning but I thought they were pretty interesting.
Arx Fatalis (Xbox) interesting first person dungeon crawler.
Galerians: Ash (PS2) I want this game so bad now lol just looks freaking crazy. Also has pretty solid visuals for a PS2 game.
Fragems
Next-Gen

by Fragems Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:20 pm

Wii U
Skylanders Giants Starter Pack (N) $16.99
Disney INFINITY: Toy Box Starter Pack (2.0 Edition) $23.99
Rodea the Sky Soldier (N) $36.95
Think these should still have the Wii game included. Which according to everyone even the developer is the best version.

PS3

PS3 God of War: Saga Collection (N) $13.11
Includes GoW 1-3 and the 2 HD Releases of the PSP games.
Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax (N) $18.62

Vita
The Walking Dead Season 2 (N) $10.08
Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax (N) $17.80

Xbox One
The Wolf Among Us (N) $10.99
Disney INFINITY: Toy Box Starter Pack (2.0 Edition) (N) $23.95
Last edited by Fragems on Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:43 pm, edited 4 times in total.
mas
Next-Gen

by mas Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:31 pm

Wish I had money to pick up rodea. Would buy it just for the Wii version and sell of the Wiiu version
Tanooki
Next-Gen

by Tanooki Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:39 pm

Fragems I don't blame you, easier to go hard core on the creaky system Amazon has than gas, car and foot wear, and disappointment at a wrecked flea market or two if you get your exercise elsewhere more productively.

Good work on those deals. Hopefully something for 3DS or PS4 pops up I'd be all over. I'm hoping someone does some goofy deal on Project Mirai or Senran Kagura for 3DS as I don't like how they came out at $40 and $50 respectively.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

by Xeogred Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:25 pm

Ordered Rodea on a whim, looks very cool. Never played Nights though, but it looks like classic Sega styled goodness.

That Wii version better be in there or I'll slap you guys! :lol:

PS the price jumped up to $40, and looks like it's $43 after I ordered it by chance? People must be keeping tabs on these posts for sure Fragems!
Return to Game Deals