Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Fatal Frame Lot

by ElkinFencer10 Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:40 pm

So I don't normally post here because most of my recent additions to my collection have been new games that I've pre-ordered or picked up from Gamestop shortly after launch. I did, however, get (what I think is) a really good deal on eBay the other day. I downloaded Fatal Frame 5 when it came out on the eShop because it looked cool - I'd never played a Fatal Frame game before - and fell in love with the series, so I started wanting to collect the rest. I'm a huge fan of the Wii and Nintendo in general, so when I read that there was a PAL remake of the second game for Wii, I immediately wanted it. I discovered, however, that they're EXTREMELY hard to find in English (I'd read somewhere online that the different PAL releases were for that country's language, not all major European languages, so I didn't want to risk buying in a language I couldn't play). In my hunt, I stumbled upon the lot I ordered - shipped from the US, so it should be here Saturday or Monday - and freaked out. I got everything listed below for $250 shipped.

Fatal Frame (NTSC-U) (PS2) - CIB
Fatal Frame (NTSC-U) (Xbox) - CIB
Fatal Frame 2 (NTSC-U) (PS2) - CIB
Fatal Frame 2 (NTSC-U) (Xbox) - CIB
Project Zero 2 (PAL - UK) (Wii) - Factory Sealed
Fatal Frame 3 (NTSC-U) (PS2) - CIB
Project Zero 4 (NTSC-J) (Wii) - CIB
Project Zero 5 (NTSC-J) (Wii U) - Factory Sealed
Spirit Camera (NTSC-U) (3DS) - CIB

Considering how rare the UK version of Project Zero 2 for Wii is, I'm not 100% sure what the value of a factory sealed copy is, but I know a regular CIB copy (at least based on what I was seeing on Amazon UK and eBay UK) run around $100 once you factor in shipping to the US.

So with that "Wow, look what I found" comes a question - does anyone know what the average value of that sealed Project Zero 2 from the UK would be? If it's a decent difference between sealed and just CIB, I'm considering selling the sealed copy and buying an opened copy (since I'm one of those guys who buys games to play, not keep sealed). It is really rare, though, so I'm hesitant to open a sealed copy.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

girlracer
Next-Gen

Re: Fatal Frame Lot

by girlracer Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:16 pm

I saw that lot. I want fatal frame 5 but with the wii u being region locked and i'm not buying digital i'm holding off. i'm hoping Nintendo will cave into pressure and make the game for release here.

I thought only the limited edition pal release of fatal frame 5 is rare, though amazon.de (I think) had some copies up last weekend.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Re: Fatal Frame Lot

by ElkinFencer10 Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:24 pm

girlracer wrote:I saw that lot. I want fatal frame 5 but with the wii u being region locked and i'm not buying digital i'm holding off. i'm hoping Nintendo will cave into pressure and make the game for release here.

I thought only the limited edition pal release of fatal frame 5 is rare, though amazon.de (I think) had some copies up last weekend.

The Japanese version of Fatal Frame 5 isn't rare, and I really didn't care that much about that one because of the region lock; it just happened to be in the lot. I am insistent on physical games, though, and I'm fully confident that there will be a softmod to break the region locking on the Wii U within the next few years like there is for the Wii, so I'm just going to stick it on my shelf until then. What REALLY excited me was the UK Wii remake of Fatal Frame 2.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

Return to Game Deals