Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Re: Nintendo Humble Bundle! 3DS WiiU 8 Games

by Jagosaurus Tue May 26, 2015 6:10 pm

Ive never noticed a "enter code" field when purchasing titles on 3DS eshop. Missed it I guess. Just add funds typically.

Has any1 redeemed codes yet? Ensuring it is as advertised.

If it's as easy as it seems, definitely pulling the trigger even though I own Moon Chronicles :)
jmbarnes101
Next-Gen

by jmbarnes101 Tue May 26, 2015 6:25 pm

I've never had an issue with a Humble Bundle, this is my favorite one yet, and it's very easy to add codes to your 3DS and Wii U. I just purchased this bundle so I haven't entered anything yet but there is no reason it shouldn't work. All codes are individual so you can gift trade them if you already have it. For example there are two codes for Steamworld Dig. One for the 3DS and one for the Wii U.

Edit to say that this is a great deal and kudos to Nintendo on partnering with Humble Bundle to allow this to happen.

Additional edit - I downloaded the 4 3DS games I didn't have, already have Mighty Switch Force, and it worked great.
My FS/FT/WTTF list:
http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=14867&p=149112#p149112

Game Systems Owned:
NES, NES 2 (AV mod), SNES, SNES 2, N64 (Pikachu), Gamecube (Pokemon, Purple JPN modded), Wii, Wii U (Zelda), GB Pocket, GBA (2x-Arctic & Indigo), GBA SP (3x), DS Lite (Crimson/Black), 3DS (Aqua Blue), Sega CDX, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear, Lynx, PSP (2x)
casterofdreams
Next-Gen

by casterofdreams Tue May 26, 2015 7:42 pm

Purchased. I own none of the ten games offered. 5 for Wii U and 5 for 3DS. Worked out great.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

by Tanooki Tue May 26, 2015 8:49 pm

Jagosaurus wrote:Ive never noticed a "enter code" field when purchasing titles on 3DS eshop. Missed it I guess. Just add funds typically.

Has any1 redeemed codes yet? Ensuring it is as advertised.

If it's as easy as it seems, definitely pulling the trigger even though I own Moon Chronicles :)

I redeemed all of the 3DS games (5) and oddly I got a sixth due to timing and the fact I keep my wifi off to save battery, that new Pokemon Rumble game too.

As it stands right now, if someone wanted the other games, I don't see me ever getting a WiiU again (very slim to none.) I'd be willing to do a trade if someone had some eshop codes for other 3DS games or a spare point card of fair value. I know there's a 3D Classic I forgot to buy (kirby I think), never unlocked sub wars other than the freebie, and a few other tempting things there.

For anyone new to this like Jago how had no idea, if you scroll left on the main eshop page you'll find some options, within, one of them has a QRcode scan and a manual code entry button as well. That's where you do these. It accepts, and then it's no different than any other eshop buy -- download now, download later, that's it.
JoeAwesome
128-bit

by JoeAwesome Tue May 26, 2015 9:24 pm

Go buy it! Humble Bundle is a great site to get PC/Mobile game bundles, so it's a bit of a shock to see Nintendo get behind this. Btw, if you buy it now, you can beat the average, which will go up constantly. I just paid a buck to see if the games revealed later are any good. If they are, I'll raise how much I donate to beat the average that locks in at the time I donated any amount.
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

by Jagosaurus Tue May 26, 2015 10:17 pm

Ahhhhh got it Tanooki. Thanks. Never noticed that.

Good Point Joe.. let's say I pay $10 now, how do added games later work? Assuming I get them bc the average won't be higher than $10 at time of release?

I know... I'm over analyzing 10 bucks :D more curious about the model of the site now.
darsparx
Next-Gen

by darsparx Tue May 26, 2015 10:21 pm

You just have to pay more than the average and you're supposedly locked in to get them when they come out...
My gameroom
My systems: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, original gba, gba sp(001), ds lite, 3ds, vita, psp, PSone(101 model) ps2, ps3(320gb model), ps4, retron 5, and Dreamcast.

bogusmeatfactory wrote:Ever feel like a wild gazelle in the wilderness?
Tanooki
Next-Gen

by Tanooki Tue May 26, 2015 10:42 pm

I just tried out Whoa Dave (have it on IOS, so so much better with real controls) and I've never tried Mighty Switch Force out and that was actually pretty fun on the first 2 stages. The par time on them are junk, missed the first stage by a second and I didn't slip up so I won't be attempting those. :)

And if the average slides over when you paid, I'm fairly certain you don't have to increase your donation to get the added goodies because you broke the average at that moment in good faith to get the extras next week.

That's how Humble Bundle works. They have their normal one, then they do like a mobile (android) one, a book related one, and random other junk along with their steam-like humble store which does big price cuts that apply to steam, etc sites.

You pay a buck (or few) and get the starter line-up of games. Then they bracket off another group, that one is usually like what they think will be a fair middle ground. Then there's the hidden goodies off that tier exposed a week later (each bundle gets 2 weeks), and finally theirs some 'gem' titles that end up having a higher flat price (like the $10 on this one for Steamworld Dig + the WiiU game.)

I've used them off and on over the years, but really I get fed up having a bunch of Steam clutter so I stopped buying those unless something was in there I just really really had to have. I have hit it a couple times on Android, first one was a Sega bundle. And now the Nintendo one.

Given Nintendo's horrible system bound account system I don't buy their games but super rarely, mostly when I get a really discounted or free/gifted points card. If they're starting to get into the HB package game and this isn't a one off, I'll buy more in the future as it takes the sting out of Nintendo's system setup and their usually higher prices.
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

by Jagosaurus Tue May 26, 2015 10:44 pm

Somebody was high when they created this business model... let's mix BIN & over/under gambling with a buy out matching option... crazy but awesome.
Sarge
Next-Gen

by Sarge Tue May 26, 2015 10:57 pm

And yes, I've redeemed most of the games I didn't have. I'm actually very intrigued by The Fall so far. I figure I'll finish that one.

If nothing else, get Guacamelee. I mean, that game is one of the best Metroid-inspired titles out there, and for $1, it's an absolute steal.
Hardcore Retro Gaming - Talk about games ten years old or older. Now with a modern gaming section!
“History isn't just the story of bad people doing bad things. It's quite as much a story of people trying to do good things. But somehow, something goes wrong.” -- C.S. Lewis
Return to Game Deals