Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
Betagam7
128-bit

Re: Taobao and Aliexpress deals, finds and purchases

by Betagam7 Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:31 pm

Tanooki wrote:I had a feeling. I hit a 4 page deal on the Gamate within a (UK based) Retro Gamer magazine special edition that is gaming hardware 1977-2001 and it was interesting. Mars Voyager for the Gamate is Nemesis/Gradius1 for GB slightly hacked, and TMNT is Super Boy or something like that with the turtles/foot swapped out and a couple other minor tweaks. It came off to me like Gamate was every bit as much as a wannabe GB so I figured I'd ask as I knew kind of where the Supervision stood being a bit more wide spread but seemingly more awful.

The two games you mention are probably from the late Taiwanese mystery pile that don't show up very often. The majority of games you can find easily are the italian releases.

This is a good website to find out more about Gamate games.

http://fuji.drillspirits.net/gamate/games/
Tanooki
Next-Gen

by Tanooki Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:15 pm

Yup I found that place fast and Mars Voyage is listed on there (C1038) and even mentions it looks like a Gradius ripoff, and a youtube video I watched proved that much.

Gamate looks like it has some fun stuff, yet anything but fun trying to track the stuff down. At least unlike most systems you'll have time to appreciate what you have around trying to find what you don't which would keep away burn out.
SpaceBooger

by SpaceBooger Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:23 pm

I recently purchased "The Best Games For NES game cartridge 100 in 1 with Dust Sleeve" from Aliexpress and am pretty pleased with it. It works great on my original NES and with the RetronHD. The games play great, except Zelda more on that in a bit, and look really crisp on the RetronHD. I compared some of the games I already own with the games on the cart and did notice on the original NES the games were not a crisp (I'm using RF to connect to the TV) on this multicart.
Overall for about $20 this is a great way for me to play many games that I do not own (Metal Storm, Earthbound, etc) on original hardware. The only thing I noticed is that Zelda scrolls funny. I did look for a cart review and found one on youtube that has the same odd scroll issue, so that must be something with the cart. According to that video Bionic Commando also glitches - I have not tested that one.
The cart does have a battery for the games that support battery saves, BUT it will only hold one save file - so if you have a saved game and start a different game (in the video he does this with Zelda and Zelda II) or if you play any game that uses the SRAM it only will save the most recent game's save. So I guess I will only play one game at a time
Here are some images of my cart and it playing on the RetronHD and the original NES.
BLOG | BST
Systems Owned: NES, Game Boy (Pocket & Advance SP) Genesis (SCD, 32X, Nomad), SNES,
Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, PSP, PS3 and WiiU.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

by Tanooki Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:48 pm

That cart, but more so the one that started it which had the same 'best' name but had like 150 of them I almost bought so many times. The save thing bugged me, but then again on that one it only had Kirby with the battery along with Final Fantasy I think. I guess on yours there the list is quite revised as that older lacked Metal Storm and Earthbound let alone both Zelda titles. It went more into other high dollar stuff like Samson, Panic Restaurant, and other Taito, Capcom etc wallet killers.

Eventually I got the bigger Super Games 500in1 included locally with a FC Mobile 88 and it has quite a lot to like about it on there too. It's a shame they can't just put a cheap save chip on there and lose that asinine battery and 1 slot as those crooks already have those chips popped into 1:1 quality bootleg GBA titles for a few years now.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

by Tanooki Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:52 pm

I know I'm linking Amazon here but I'm being lazy as it came from aliexpress originally.
https://www.amazon.com/GBD-Arcade-Handh ... B076WPXPWM

That right there is a piratey goodie thats based on the bridge direct Arcade Classics mini tabletop games (Frogger, QBert, Centipede, Rampage, Joust) that use a NOAC. The difference here, you lose the ONE game on a NOAC along with the arcade copycat art for something generic which is a loss. The up side, 2 player, 4 buttons and 2 sticks per that detach(wired), and it has a micro SD slot and the aliexpress listing flaunted Contra NES (title and stage1 image.)

So basically they're taking the one off NOAC wonder of walmart, and making a mini tabletop NES arcade cabinet. Retails for $40~.
Return to Game Deals