Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
wplutom

Hello every one, I am seller of Kong Feng GB Boy:)

by wplutom Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:45 am

Sorry I have been away for long time.
Got new stocks of GB boy from Kong feng.
Also considering to sell gameboy micro stocks.
I will import Sega game consoles from kong feng as well and sell in my store.
Is there any demand in game cards? I think I can manage to produce gameboy color game cards.
What else is good to make?

Blue color link: http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product ... 94474.html

Yellow color link: http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product ... 42460.html

purple color link: http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product ... 98000.html

green color link: http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product ... 27425.html
Last edited by wplutom on Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
Betagam7
128-bit

Re: Hello every one, I am seller of Kong Feng GB Boy:)

by Betagam7 Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:32 am

The GB Boy Color is a great piece of kit but you might find that there is already a lot of competition (and less demand) for a GBA given that the SP exists and there are already lots of modded GBA systems available. It was different with the Game Boy Color as there is no other backlit alternative, hence the high interest in the GB Boy.

What there is a real need for among western retro gamers is a backlit Neo Geo Pocket Color clone, especially since the original cannot be backlit even with modifications. I think that would be a big seller for you although it might be tricky to replicate the originals control stick.

I'd certainly buy one.

Just one other suggestion. If you do produce a GBA console with built in games, don't include the same games looped over and over like the GB Boy Color did. That was pointless. Also don't put broken versions of games on it like the GB Boy Color did with Donkey Kong. Nobody wants to play those.
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

by Gunstar Green Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:13 am

There isn't a whole lot of profit to be made in cloning obscure hardware. There may seem like a demand in retro communities but it isn't enough to justify mass production.
mjmjr25

by mjmjr25 Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:16 am

Gunstar Green wrote:There isn't a whole lot of profit to be made in cloning obscure hardware. There may seem like a demand in retro communities but it isn't enough to justify mass production.

You have no idea how cheaply it can be done. There is profit.
ninjainspandex
Next-Gen

by ninjainspandex Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:01 pm

Gunstar Green wrote:There isn't a whole lot of profit to be made in cloning obscure hardware. There may seem like a demand in retro communities but it isn't enough to justify mass production.

you also forget that in poorer developing countries they are still playing the Gameboy and Famicom since most people don't even make enough in a month to buy a ps vita or PS4/XB1

Hey wplutom any chance of redesigning the kong feng gameboy so the innards fit inside an original GBC shell?
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

by Gunstar Green Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:18 pm

ninjainspandex wrote:

you also forget that in poorer developing countries they are still playing the Gameboy and Famicom since most people don't even make enough in a month to buy a ps vita or PS4/XB1

Hey wplutom any chance of redesigning the kong feng gameboy so the innards fit inside an original GBC shell?

I'm not referring to the GBC, I mean the Neo Geo Pocket.
Betagam7
128-bit

by Betagam7 Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:21 pm

Shhh...don't let the cat out of the bag. :lol:

Seriously though, I'd question your description of the Neo Geo Pocket Colour as "obscure hardware". It's not as if I'm recommending he look into cloning the Sega Pico or Game.com here.

In comparison to the universal nostalgia for the Game Boy, then of course the NGPC doesn't compare, but the system is far from obscure. It had exposure in all major territories and sold 2 million units (twice as much as the well remembered Atari Lynx) and despite it's short shelf life the console and systems are always in high demand and selling for high prices on ebay. Since the seller has specifically chosen a retro community to gauge interest in future products, I don't think it's unreasonable to suggest a possible product that a lot of retro enthusiasts would covet.

Plus I really want one. 8)
mjmjr25

by mjmjr25 Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:44 pm

Not to mention - this isn't just USA distribution. I'm guessing this would be sold through one of the HK/China amazon style sites with shipping worldwide. These things will sell throught Asia, Europe, North and South America.
storino03
64-bit

by storino03 Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:27 pm

I'd buy a Neo Geo Pocket Color that had a good backlit screen.
Game Grabs/Pickup videos: Youtube
Amazon Gift Cards
Betagam7
128-bit

by Betagam7 Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:39 pm

storino03 wrote:I'd buy a Neo Geo Pocket Color that had a good backlit screen.

I'd guess the tricky part would be replicating the stick which might cost more to produce than a dpad.

But yeah, the backlit screen is what is making interest high in the GB Boy and would also make interest high in a NGPC clone. I don't think the focus should be on the onboard games. They were a nice bonus for me but not the reason I bought a GB Boy and they wouldn't affect my interest in a NGPC.

By the way, Wplutom, do you ship your products inside of China. I couldn't see any details on this on the website, just options for international post but as I live in China these days I'd be interested in using your shop if so.
Return to Game Deals