Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
AppleQueso

Re: uDraw works in PC as Wacom or games! $9.99 Frys and Best

by AppleQueso Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:07 pm

I seriously doubt that the uDraw is actually comparable to a real Wacom or any other entry level drawing tablet.

If someone's looking for a cheap Wacom alternative, they're better off simply buying one of the Monoprice drawing tablets, which are actually really high quality for the money.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

by CRTGAMER Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:25 pm

AppleQueso wrote:I seriously doubt that the uDraw is actually comparable to a real Wacom or any other entry level drawing tablet.

If someone's looking for a cheap Wacom alternative, they're better off simply buying one of the Monoprice drawing tablets, which are actually really high quality for the money.

Did you even bother reading my review linked on the previous page? Instead of the fire why not give it a try yourself before making a guess judgement. Considering that I own two Wacoms as well, I know first hand how it compares.

The tablet is only ten bucks and can be bought local. If one is not happy with it, an easy refund.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

AppleQueso

by AppleQueso Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:07 am

Yes, I read the thing, specifically the PC usage part.

Do you actually do any art work with it? No mention of pressure or tilt sensitivity of any kind in your post. Keep in mind I'm specifically talking about its usefulness as a serious art tool.

I have an Intuos2 and one of those Monoprice tablets. Could the uDraw be a fun curiosity? Maybe. A worthwhile time/money investment for anyone seriously considering a drawing tablet for art? Not really.

I'm really not trying to be an ass, I just don't want someone needing a tablet for art to waste their time on something that really isn't going to fit their needs. Pressure sensitivity is important.

I've used tablets for games before though. Konjak's Chalk plays really well with one, and it's free! Maybe worth adding to your post?
GSZX1337
Next-Gen

by GSZX1337 Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:41 am

AppleQueso wrote:Yes, I read the thing, specifically the PC usage part.

Do you actually do any art work with it? No mention of pressure or tilt sensitivity of any kind in your post. Keep in mind I'm specifically talking about its usefulness as a serious art tool.

Well, this page states the uDraw acts as a mouse in Windows, so I don't think there'd be any kind of pressure/tilt sensitivity.
casterofdreams wrote:On PC I want MOAR FPS!!!|
AppleQueso

by AppleQueso Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:44 am

GSZX1337 wrote:

Well, this page states the uDraw acts as a mouse in Windows, so I don't think there'd be any kind of pressure/tilt sensitivity.

Actually most tablets show up as a mouse if you don't bother installing the drivers for them. That's what I figureed was going on with the uDraw anyway.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

uDraw works in PC as Wacom - Was $69.99 Now $9.99

by CRTGAMER Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:37 pm

AppleQueso wrote:
GSZX1337 wrote:

Actually most tablets show up as a mouse if you don't bother installing the drivers for them. That's what I figured was going on with the uDraw anyway.

I did mention of the tilt and pressure control already in my review. There is even a screenshot that shows adjustment of the pen pressure level in the PC driver. Of note for the PC connection, without that specialized PC driver installed, only the uDraw buttons work as a game controller. The mouse pen function will not work if only plugging in the USB dongle. The uDraw tablet also can sense your fingers just like an iPad for the screen zoom pinch.

There are artists who have used it as evidenced by the youtube video and quote links in the Review. As for me, I use it mainly for gaming, the art portion is a secondary diversion. I can see usefulness as a touchup pen, say in Photo Shop.
CRTGAMER wrote:Instead of the fire why not give it a try yourself before making a guess judgement. Considering that I own two Wacoms as well, I know first hand how it compares.

AppleQueso wrote:I've used tablets for games before though. Konjak's Chalk plays really well with one, and it's free! Maybe worth adding to your post?
Thanks I'll download it and give it a try. I'll update the Review once I give it a go. Preliminary look seems similar to uDraw Doods Adventure, the line bounce aspect.

EDIT
Played the Chalk game and added to the uDraw Review. Pretty good and can also work with a Mouse. :D

UDraw Game Prices
In addition to Gamestop raising the uDraw price back to $29.99, I noticed the uDraw games have also gone back up. Frys Electronics still sells new uDraw games marked down to $9.99.

I picked up Pictionary and will post in the uDraw Review later on.

10" Netbook Stucano Easy Sleeve - $5.99 Frys
I also picked up a Tucano Netbook Sleeve to protect the uDraw from getting scratched. Frys has it as a discontinued item at a great price! :mrgreen:

http://findnsave.presstelegram.com/Prod ... 0-PC-Black
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

dsheinem
Next-Gen

Re: uDraw works in PC as Wacom - Was $69.99 Now $9.99

by dsheinem Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:30 pm

speaking as someone who owns one, there's a reason this POS accessory bankrupted THQ. My advice to everyone is to save your $10 and go buy almost any game instead.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

by CRTGAMER Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:00 pm

Finding a uDraw tablet for ten bucks is difficult since the stores selling at that price ran out during the Holidays. The major retailers are now selling them at a fixed price of $29.99. Gamestop for example sold the uDraw at $9.99, now has raised a used uDraw price back to $29.99.

However, Walmart recently dropped the 360 uDraw to $11.96 and the PS3 uDraw to $18.67. Not sure the why of the price difference, maybe based on older sales? Wallymart will PRICE MATCH competitors that sell it for $9.99. My local Kmart has a stack of them at $49.99. This looks like another retailer to watch since they have a huge supply whenever they decide to clearance them out.

In light of THQ going out of business, there will not be any more uDraw tablets or uDraw console software. However there is a huge amount of software for the PS3 and 360 uDraw tablets when used on the PC. Even though not up to par as a Wacom, still an inexpensive alternative for personal level drawing, photo touchup and point to click gaming on the laptop. :idea:

dsheinem
Next-Gen

by dsheinem Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:47 am

dsheinem wrote:speaking as someone who owns one, there's a reason this POS accessory bankrupted THQ. My advice to everyone is to save your $10 and go buy almost any game instead.

It's still not worth $10, but people may find it worth $6. It is today's Best Buy Deal of the Day at that price.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage. ... 731&loc=01

It entertained my 3 year old for an hour or so one day (then he got bored and went back to playing with an iPhone), so it might be worth it for parents of toddlers to consider at this price...
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

uDraw works in PC as Wacom - Was $69.99 Now $5.99

by CRTGAMER Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:15 pm

dsheinem wrote:It's still not worth $10, but people may find it worth $6. It is today's Best Buy Deal of the Day at that price.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage. ... 731&loc=01

It entertained my 3 year old for an hour or so one day (then he got bored and went back to playing with an iPhone), so it might be worth it for parents of toddlers to consider at this price...

:shock: At $5.99, a great price! Thanks for the info and link! THANK YOU, called Best Buy and they have one on hold for me, will pickup later today. A nice backup in case my other "PC" PS3 version breaks.

I know you sound disappointed with your uDraw. Maybe give it another go on the PC, some of the PC "Point Click" games might be worth a try?

Return to Game Deals