Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
User avatar
BRIK
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 1447
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:20 am
Location: Perth, Australia

Re: Video Game "Finds of the Year"

by BRIK Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:06 am

Well I have never seen any (especially on the side of the road) and I've lived here all my life >.< I even had to do some research because I wasn't entirely sure what it was, but maybe that's just me being ignorant.
Retro Game On << Please check out my retro gaming blog. Includes reviews, news, articles, videos and just plain awesomeness.

Retro Game On's YouTube Channel << Featuring reviews, features and repair videos.

Breaking Into The Industry <<Also my development blog (with video game related posts)
TheClassicVideoGamer
16-bit
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:50 am
Location: Bloomfield Township, MI

Re: Video Game "Finds of the Year"

by TheClassicVideoGamer Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:48 am

This summer I saw a moving sale sign with a number on it. I called it and the man said he had some video games that were his sons in his basement. He showed me the goods and I offered 40 dollars. When I tried to look inside the system boxes he said how about 30 dollars and that way I don't mess with all of the stuff. I ended up paying 30 dollars for....

CIB Mint Atari 2600 Heavy SIxer FIrst run with chess piece on cover
CIB Mint NES, with solid games ( No rare), and one of those plastic Nintendo system containers.
2 Original Gameboys and a bunch of solid games.

Considering i got over 100 dollars on ebay when i sold only the CIB nes system, and the price of the first run Atari 2600's Complete in there box with the chess piece on the front is hundreds of dollars. I'd say this was a find of the year considering it yields much greater profits than a 5 dollar Earthbound, etc.
User avatar
god
64-bit
 
Posts: 306
Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 11:58 pm
Location: Briz - Aus

Re: Video Game "Finds of the Year"

by god Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:59 am

BRIK wrote:Well I have never seen any (especially on the side of the road) and I've lived here all my life >.< I even had to do some research because I wasn't entirely sure what it was, but maybe that's just me being ignorant.


Yep, I've been game hunting around the traps for years and I have never seen one in real life, and definately not on the side of the road! Closest I have come to that is a Famiclone outside a massage parlour.
Big Zenny Hustler
User avatar
BRIK
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 1447
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:20 am
Location: Perth, Australia

Re: Video Game "Finds of the Year"

by BRIK Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:11 am

god wrote:Closest I have come to that is a Famiclone outside a massage parlour.


That conjures up all sorts of weird mental images :lol:
Retro Game On << Please check out my retro gaming blog. Includes reviews, news, articles, videos and just plain awesomeness.

Retro Game On's YouTube Channel << Featuring reviews, features and repair videos.

Breaking Into The Industry <<Also my development blog (with video game related posts)
mjmjr25
 

Re: Video Game "Finds of the Year"

by mjmjr25 Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:57 pm

*sigh*
senseiman
24-bit
 
Posts: 101
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:58 am

Re: Video Game "Finds of the Year"

by senseiman Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:39 am

OK, top this.

Today I bought the very first Nintendo light gun CIB.

No, not the 1985 NES zapper.

Not even the 1984 Famicom light gun.

What I got is the 1970 Kousenjuu SP Gun. 42 years old and looking fine:

http://famicomblog.blogspot.com/2012/01 ... n-and.html

Unfortunately it does not work, but otherwise it was an amazing get! Don`t ask what I paid for it, suffice it to say it was a steal (I got it cheap because it doesn`t work).
All about the wonders of the Famicom - http://famicomblog.blogspot.com/
User avatar
dsheinem
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 22659
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:56 pm
Location: Northeast Pennsylvania

Re: Video Game "Finds of the Year"

by dsheinem Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:26 am

senseiman wrote:OK, top this.

Today I bought the very first Nintendo light gun CIB.

No, not the 1985 NES zapper.

Not even the 1984 Famicom light gun.

What I got is the 1970 Kousenjuu SP Gun. 42 years old and looking fine:

http://famicomblog.blogspot.com/2012/01 ... n-and.html

Unfortunately it does not work, but otherwise it was an amazing get! Don`t ask what I paid for it, suffice it to say it was a steal (I got it cheap because it doesn`t work).


What's the market value of the 1970 gun? I see one here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-Playin ... 3f12799009

Remember folks, this thread should be for finds worth hundreds or thousands of dollars that you found for a fraction of the cost. A lot of these are pretty marginal so far... :?
User avatar
aaron
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 7127
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:10 pm
Location: indianapolis

Re: Video Game "Finds of the Year"

by aaron Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:33 am

dsheinem wrote:Remember folks, this thread should be for finds worth hundreds or thousands of dollars that you found for a fraction of the cost. A lot of these are pretty marginal so far... :?


hence why we should have just dealt with one thread, imo.

i also think that stuff like the gun belong here because they're unique, quirky and interesting. definitely a far cry from the "look what i got at best buy" posts in the other thread that seemed to irk so many members.
ebay . amazon . B/S/T . wantlist
Steam / PSN / XBL / Twitter: aaronjohnmiller
TSTR wrote:i jizz credits
User avatar
dsheinem
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 22659
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:56 pm
Location: Northeast Pennsylvania

Re: Video Game "Finds of the Year"

by dsheinem Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:39 am

aaron wrote:
dsheinem wrote:Remember folks, this thread should be for finds worth hundreds or thousands of dollars that you found for a fraction of the cost. A lot of these are pretty marginal so far... :?


i also think that stuff like the gun belong here because they're unique, quirky and interesting. definitely a far cry from the "look what i got at best buy" posts in the other thread that seemed to irk so many members.


fair enough!
User avatar
aaron
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 7127
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:10 pm
Location: indianapolis

Re: Video Game "Finds of the Year"

by aaron Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:49 am

i think seeing that gun is a lot cooler than someone posting an action 52 cart that they got off ebay, regardless of how cheap it may have been. i look to this thread/these threads for awesome stories, just like how i look at the "yes we can have nice things" thread.

REALLY driving this point into the ground here, haha. sorry.
ebay . amazon . B/S/T . wantlist
Steam / PSN / XBL / Twitter: aaronjohnmiller
TSTR wrote:i jizz credits
Return to Game Deals

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest