Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Re: The ongoing "AWESOME DEAL ON THE WEB!" thread

by noiseredux Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:55 am

wow, Sunset Overdrive is $7 on Walmart.com today. I've heard it's good?
dsheinem
Next-Gen

by dsheinem Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:09 pm

noiseredux wrote:wow, Sunset Overdrive is $7 on Walmart.com today. I've heard it's good?

yeah, i quite liked it.
bmoc
Next-Gen

by bmoc Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:03 pm

MadCatz has gone under. Be on the lookout for deals as retailers sell their remaining stock. http://shoryuken.com/2017/03/31/mad-cat ... ankruptcy/
Tanooki
Next-Gen

by Tanooki Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:30 pm

Perhaps a good time to make another thread over it, then people can report to others on here when the specific deals trickle out. Think of all the nice arcade joysticks and other fluff you'll score at ridiculous deals as retail won't want to waste the space on a dead company when so much stuff fights for limited space.
Melek-Ric
24-bit

by Melek-Ric Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:53 pm

Is 2 working Dreamcasts, 7 controllers, 4 VMUs, and MK Gold for $80 a good deal? Seems that way to me.
"Challenging my unit was both foolish and reckless! You are nothing more than my prey... one that is soon to be retired!"
Tanooki
Next-Gen

by Tanooki Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:30 pm

Yes go get it.

1 DC controller undamaged is worth $10 and well you have +5 of those outside of the 2 systems, so that's $50 right there. A VMU is worth $5 each dead CR2032 or not, end cap or not too.

A Dreamcast setup (system, 1 controller, rca cable, power cable) is worth ballpark $30+ easy if you're trying to just get rid of it fast, but realistically at least $10 more.

No idea on the game, think it I saw it selling after Christmas around $15~ but I may be way off, but at the least it's MK and has to be probably $10+ complete in nice shape.
Melek-Ric
24-bit

by Melek-Ric Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:34 pm

Thanks, I thought so. I'm going to buy it from this guy. Hopefully it all works out.
"Challenging my unit was both foolish and reckless! You are nothing more than my prey... one that is soon to be retired!"
Sarge
Next-Gen

by Sarge Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:41 pm

GameStop is having a sale on their Collector's Edition GameTrust-published indie games like Axiom Verge, Rogue Legacy, Guacamelee, and the like. They're $10 each instead of $20. I picked up Axiom Verge at full price not long ago, and I picked up the above two plus Stories: The Path of Destinies and Jotun as well. They come in a steelbook with a printed manual, art card, a soundtrack CD, the game DRM-free on disc, and a Steam code. If you ask me, it's a great deal if you're interested in any of the titles.
Hardcore Retro Gaming - Talk about games ten years old or older!
“History isn't just the story of bad people doing bad things. It's quite as much a story of people trying to do good things. But somehow, something goes wrong.” -- C.S. Lewis
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

by PartridgeSenpai Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:40 am

Sarge wrote:GameStop is having a sale on their Collector's Edition GameTrust-published indie games like Axiom Verge, Rogue Legacy, Guacamelee, and the like. They're $10 each instead of $20. I picked up Axiom Verge at full price not long ago, and I picked up the above two plus Stories: The Path of Destinies and Jotun as well. They come in a steelbook with a printed manual, art card, a soundtrack CD, the game DRM-free on disc, and a Steam code. If you ask me, it's a great deal if you're interested in any of the titles.

It's just that most stores around my area don't have them, so I don't think I can go buy any, no matter how much I love Axiom Verge-ness ;_;
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
Sarge
Next-Gen

by Sarge Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:37 am

Yeah, I think they may be online only. I ordered enough to get free shipping.
Hardcore Retro Gaming - Talk about games ten years old or older!
“History isn't just the story of bad people doing bad things. It's quite as much a story of people trying to do good things. But somehow, something goes wrong.” -- C.S. Lewis
Return to Game Deals