Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
fvgazi
Next-Gen

Re: Yes, we can have nice things!-post your non gaming finds

by fvgazi Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:58 pm

brunoafh wrote:
Ziggy587 wrote:
fvgazi wrote:My new Gibson 1960 reissue SG Special with P90 pickups! It's fricken' great!

Awesome! How much? New or used?

Also wondering. That guy looks real nice.

$800 which ain't too bad considering the regular 61' reissues are $2000.

The hardware and wood is identical minus the pickups. I like the p90's better than '57 humbuckers anyway.

**edit** - Brand spanking new. They are a limited run. My first Gibson! I usually play a telecaster. Always wanted an SG.
[ XBL: downedcity | PSN: biggry | Steam: Merchandise ]
Black Lodge Amplification: http://blacklodgeamps.tumblr.com/
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

by Hobie-wan Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:51 am

Been on a die-cast car kick still. Got a few new ones on a few trips to the store when stopping on the car aisle while buying other things.

The front white, light green and dark yellow vehicles are all older redlines. The green Poison Pinto in the center and Red Baron with the silver helmet to the left have been on my want list for while, as was the Mini Haha in the top left with light blue windows. Finally got them for cheaper than usual prices I was willing to pay. The dark green Z rally car at the top has an opening hood and really nice wheels and was a random find. The blue Batmobile is courtesy of Sevin. :mrgreen:

This was a random lot I just got. Some will need a lot of help and there are some duplicates, but it was cheap and there are quite a few nice ones I didn't have. Two interesting notes are the 3 Countaches that all came with the same paint scheme, but have different colored windshields. The 'Starfire' Corvette at the bottom has a keyhole and a a spring mechanism in it. I'm not sure what it doe just yet, though it will require some fixing.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:26 am

Found a rather rare music CD (Die Tur Is Zu by Swans) for $1 at a used bookstore. I couldn't believe it, it was tossed in a bin of the crap you'd typically expect: 1990s pop music, Now That's Why I Call Music, etc.

The two copies on Amazon right now are selling for $75 and $90.
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

by Hobie-wan Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:31 pm

BoneSnapDeez wrote:Found a rather rare music CD (Die Tur Is Zu by Swans) for $1 at a used bookstore. I couldn't believe it, it was tossed in a bin of the crap you'd typically expect: 1990s pop music, Now That's Why I Call Music, etc.

The two copies on Amazon right now are selling for $75 and $90.

Nice find on the Swans.

I had a string of luck for a while at a music store that really should have known better a few years ago. I picked up DHS - The Difference Between Noise and Music (one copy on ebay $70), MSI - Tight (which was going for $50+ at the time), and KMFDM - Naïve (the recalled orange version $40+) in with the regular used CDs at $8 each. I already had Tight and gave it to the friend that introduced me to MSI in the first place that only had downloads of the album. 8)
sevin0seven
Next-Gen

by sevin0seven Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:14 pm

Hobie-wan wrote:...The blue Batmobile is courtesy of Sevin. :mrgreen:

8)

those are some awesome matchbox sealed cars. the loose cars are also awesome! can i play with them when i visit? :P
Visit my store: sevin0seven Marketplace
Bay Area Cali: Meet-up Thread
Custom Art Covers & Labels: Click here
Game Room: Click here
Ziggy587
Next-Gen

by Ziggy587 Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:38 pm

Got a Fluke 87 III meter for cheap!

(not my image)

A friend of mine told me years ago that he had a rather nice, expensive multi meter for a field of work that he was no longer in. A while back, I figured he probably had a Fluke and figured I should ask him if he'd consider selling it to me. Today, I finally remembered to bring it up. He seemed open to selling it, and when I asked him how much he told me he'd research the price of it. I told him to think about it and get back to me but he was like, "Nah, I'll just sell it to you tonight" lol.

So long story short, he gave me the "friend discount" and charged me $70 for it. That's great considering they go for about $150 and up on eBay. And I even got the manual with it!
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

by Hobie-wan Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:41 pm

Ziggy587 wrote:Got a Fluke 87 III meter for cheap!

Sweet. I was using a cheapo $20-25 one before and upgraded to a $35 or so model that could test caps. Fluke is the good stuff though.
Ziggy587
Next-Gen

by Ziggy587 Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:01 pm

Yeah, I have a cheap ~$20 Garden Bender meter for a while now. But I'm not gonna lie, I have a lot of love for it. It has an on/off push button, a rare thing for a multi meter (usually to turn it off you set the dial to the off position). I jokingly call it Gerber Baby. It doesn't to capacitance, and it doesn't have a continuity setting either.

But yeah, this Fluke meter is awesome. I even got the banana clips with it!
RyaNtheSlayA
Next-Gen

by RyaNtheSlayA Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:05 pm

Today I got Styx' Paradise Theater and Supertramp's Breakfast in America on LP for a dollar each. Not a scratch on them and they sound amazing. 8)
I'm still not sure whether I'm a kid or a squid now.
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

by o.pwuaioc Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:08 pm

s1mplehumar wrote:Image
My new Vibram Bikila LS'

11 minute 2 mile here I come! 8)

And here I thought nothing could be uglier than Crocs. ;P
Return to Game Deals