Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
fvgazi
Next-Gen

Re: Yes, we can have nice things!-post your non gaming finds

by fvgazi Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:12 am

Mod_Man_Extreme wrote:I went by habitat for humanity the other day, and what do I find but a bin of "Free Stuff" by the door they don't think they can sell. Inside were several antique books (the Fiancee snatched those up) and this which was promptly framed.

Now for a man that needs no introduction:

The Foxman.JPG

Michael J Fox Teen Wolf poster... AMAZING! :lol:
[ XBL: downedcity | PSN: biggry | Steam: Merchandise ]
Black Lodge Amplification: http://blacklodgeamps.tumblr.com/
Mod_Man_Extreme
Next-Gen

by Mod_Man_Extreme Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:05 am

Scored a matching pair of Yamaha NS-10 Nearfield Monitor speakers a few days ago at GW. Dunno if I'm going to sell them or not, but I'm really excited I found a pair.
My Consoles:
Genesis - Nomad - SegaCD - GameGear - Sega Saturn - Dreamcast - NES - SNES - N64 - Gamecube - Wii - Playstation - PSone & LCD - PS2 - PS3 - Xbox - 3DS

Niode wrote:Send him a dodgy cheque. Make it out to Scammy McScammerson.

Check out my sale thread below, NeoGeo MVS carts & Arcade gear wanted!:
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=11366
Ziggy587
Next-Gen

by Ziggy587 Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:04 pm

Borders is going out of business so I got some books.

$4: http://www.amazon.com/8000-Awesome-Thin ... 462&sr=1-1

For $4, how the hell can you go wrong with this thing? It's actually pretty good. There isn't a ton of info like an encyclopedia, but every page is full color with nice pictures and everything. Price on the back says $25 I think. I wouldn't normally have bought it, but for $4, well worth the money. Now I'm torn if I should keep it or gift it (got a good person in mind with a birthday coming up).

$10: http://www.amazon.com/What-Every-BODY-S ... 896&sr=1-1

Wasn't the one I was looking for, but I remember seeing this one on Amazon and thinking it sounded pretty good, so I decided to get it. Not that super of a deal, but at least a little discount. The one I wanted to get (http://www.amazon.com/Definitive-Book-B ... 983&sr=1-1 ) might very well have been there, but the store was so fucked up. Not only was the order of everything fucked up to some extent, but they took the computers out so you couldn't even check to see if something was in stock or not! So I could be searching for a book all day that wasn't even there!

Apparently, they didn't seem to have one single Chuck Palahniuk book there. I've been wanting to pick up a few of his books, so I was kinda disappointed. But I think I might hit up the other location by my house and see if I can have better luck there. Maybe find that other body language book as well.
Onyxthecat
Next-Gen

by Onyxthecat Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:46 pm

This is the greatest deal I have ever gotten in my life!!! Now lets hope the guy actually gives it to me. :?

Ziggy587
Next-Gen

by Ziggy587 Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:37 pm

Awesome! Isn't that thing like a couple hundred bucks?
Onyxthecat
Next-Gen

by Onyxthecat Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:31 pm

Yup, they listed it for $25 and a buy it now for $110 since they are moving and needed to sell it quick. So I bid and waited till someone outbid me for $1. Then 10 seconds left I bid $60 but the previous bidder didn't put a second higher bid so I wouldn't be able to out bid him. So it only went a dollar more and I won. :mrgreen: I am picking it up tomorrow in Manhattan and I'm very excited.
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

by Hobie-wan Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:56 pm

Gotten on a die cast car kick again recently. Picked up some of the old king sized Matchbox. The blue Corvette wagon is what started it off as I was searching for a picture of a real modded wagon when I was having a conversation with someone and it popped up. The white car is meh but it came with the green Z, which is the one I was actually after. The brown McLaren needs some help with the axles but it is from the first or second year that Hot Wheels are made and I got it for dirt cheap considering all the collectors that will buy even the really beat up early cars to fix.

BRIK
Next-Gen

by BRIK Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:38 am

I've got millions of old die cast cars from my childhood. I never realised that there was a collecting scene for it.
Retro Game On << Please check out my retro gaming blog. Includes reviews, news, articles, videos and just plain awesomeness.

Retro Game On's YouTube Channel << Featuring reviews, features and repair videos.

Breaking Into The Industry <<Also my development blog (with video game related posts)
flojocabron
Next-Gen

by flojocabron Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:40 am

wow hobie! I remember playing with some of those types of hotwheels!

Here are some of my finds!

went to the fleamarket and I got.....

Punisher 4, X-men annual 13, Tales of The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 6, and Excalibur graphic novel. $5.00 for all.

M.U.S.C.L.E. (aka kinnikuman) figures and some monster figure $3.00

at a thrift store I got: Watchmen graphic novel $1.00, Three Korean manhwa in english and manga, all for $1.00
Attachments
HNI_0019.JPG
HNI_0019.JPG (56.64 KiB) Viewed 595 times
HNI_0014.JPG
HNI_0014.JPG (64.19 KiB) Viewed 595 times
HNI_0013.JPG
HNI_0013.JPG (71.89 KiB) Viewed 595 times
2600 and jr,5200,nes/top loader, master system, intellivision, TG-16, genesis 1,2,3, SNES, snesJR, CDX, 3DOfz10, gamegear, gameboy and pocket, GBC, sega saturn, PSOne w/screen, Virtual Boy, N64, NGPC, Gameboy Advance sp, Dreamcast, Black Dreamcast, oXBOX, Playstation 2, PStwo, Gamecube, gameboy player, DS lite,DSi XL, PSP1000/3000,Wii,PS3 120gb,3DSXL, xbox 360, PSvita, PS4
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

by Hobie-wan Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:30 am

BRIK wrote:I've got millions of old die cast cars from my childhood. I never realised that there was a collecting scene for it.

Well of course the older ones before people bought them specifically to keep them mint are more collectible. I just get ones I think are cool and the occasional nicer replacement for one that's not so hot from my childhood. Here's a post I made of my collection back in January. Most of those I've had since I was a kid up through a bunch that came from mail in offers in the late 80s and early 90s.

@flojocabron

Nice score on the Excalibur. That series was excellent for a good while. Originally it was just that one shot graphic novel, but it sold well so it became regular.
Return to Game Deals