Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
Metal Militia
128-bit

Re: Yes, we can have nice things!-post your non gaming finds

by Metal Militia Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:59 am

Picked up the Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening strategy guide and now I have a Zelda strategy guide that covers every Zelda game (The Zelda collecter's edition guide at the top left covers both the original Legend of Zelda and Zelda II: Adventures of Link). The Versus books Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time guide is by far my favorite strategy guide ever! Here is my small Zelda strategy guide collection if any of you would like to see. :D

harper
Next-Gen

by harper Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:05 am

^ Awesome :D
cookie monster
Next-Gen

by cookie monster Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:30 am

I bought me a fancy mario cooler to keep my beer cold he is holding a mushroom his head lifts up to put my drink in and has cloth legs i got one in box and one loose :D
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

by Forlorn Drifter Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:54 am

BoringSupreez wrote:
CRTGAMER wrote:
sabrage wrote:I think my tastes differ a bit from you guys.

Found this yesterday:

:shock: :lol: I don't know what to say except I want one!

Me too! Ever since I watched Fox and the Hound, I've thought those things are cool.

You actually use those, or did you get it for looks? I love trapping, its fun. Not much to do with the skins, but it helps me keep out the coyotes.
ninjainspandex wrote:Maybe I'm just a pervert

PSN: Green-Whiskey
Owned Consoles: GameCube, N64, PS3, PS4, GBASP
Ziggy587
Next-Gen

by Ziggy587 Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:25 pm

Picked up some neat things on the cheap today.

Fedora hat: $12
Sun glasses: $10
Hacky sack: $2.50

For my fellow New Yorkers, I was walking around down Port today. It was such a nice fucking day outside, in the high 50's. Definitely didn't feel like January. I ate breakfast at Toast, never been there before. Then I was walking around stopping in some random shops.

I stopped in this biker shop, they had a lot of cool stuff in there and it wasn't expensive either. In fact, every thing was really cheap! I got the Fedora there, and it's pretty snazzy looking. I also got some nice riding glasses for ten bucks, you can't even get glasses that cheap in a drug store!

I got the hacky sack in some other random shop. Thought $2.50 was cheap enough to pick one up. :D

Too bad things weren't as cheap in this game shop I was in. Mostly board games and such, they had some cool things in there. A really nice chess set I would have liked to get if it didn't cost an arm and a leg. I've never heard or seen of 3 person chess, but I'm gonna have to pick up a set online for cheap (if I can) because it sounds very interesting.

Too bad there isn't any music shops down Port, which I can't believe. No CD/record shops OR instrument shops. :?

I was wearing the hat after I bought it, and figured I might as well wear the glasses instead of carrying them (I only bought them for riding). When I got home and looked in the mirror, I saw myself wearing this fedora and these glasses, then realized I was wearing my Adidas shoes and thought to myself, "Run DMC!"

My Sale Thread - PRICES REDUCED! I am selling around three quarters of my video game collection as well as some other odds and ends!

I want to buy Universal Game Cases, if you have any spares please PM me! I'm looking to only deal with members that have good BST feedback on this forum.
Hazerd
Next-Gen

by Hazerd Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:19 pm

Metal Militia wrote:Picked up the Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening strategy guide and now I have a Zelda strategy guide that covers every Zelda game (The Zelda collecter's edition guide at the top left covers both the original Legend of Zelda and Zelda II: Adventures of Link). The Versus books Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time guide is by far my favorite strategy guide ever! Here is my small Zelda strategy guide collection if any of you would like to see. :D

Awesome, i still collect guides, even though alot of my friends think they are pointless because ease of access to information on the internet.

But someday when the internet goes down, ill have all the secrets... :twisted: :roll:
fvgazi
Next-Gen

by fvgazi Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:05 am

Ziggy, I'm assuming you mean Port Jefferson? That's the only Port I know of that has a biker shop. I'm personally fan of the Hot Sauce store in that tiny mall thing they have. One of my favorite pranks when I was younger was to switch the free samples around so people tasting mild would be getting the hottest one. :roll: Tiger Lily Cafe has some badass coffee and chai-tea.

Have you checked out Selden Thrift? I've snagged some cool items there gaming and non-gaming related (not as of recent, though). It's quite a bit away from me. I have to drive in from nassau county now.
[ XBL: downedcity | PSN: biggry | Steam: Merchandise ]
Black Lodge Amplification: http://blacklodgeamps.tumblr.com/
Mechblue
128-bit

by Mechblue Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:57 am

Bought a new in box BOSS ODB-3 Bass Over Drive pedal. Paid $5, sells consistently on ebay for $70-80

:D
TEKTORO wrote:That looks mad fake bro. :/
Ziggy587
Next-Gen

by Ziggy587 Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:43 am

fvgazi wrote:Ziggy, I'm assuming you mean Port Jefferson?

Yep, Port Jeff. A lot of the locals call that area "down Port."

fvgazi wrote:Have you checked out Selden Thrift?

I've been in there exactly once, I should check it out again though. The wall of electronics only had a busted up PS1 and a busted up Dreamcast controller. Though when I looked through the pile of AC adapters, I found a Nintendo brand GBC adapter for 99 cents. The video game carts they had were all in a locked glass case up front, which kinda pissed me off. Most of them were all over priced, too. IIRC, all the NES carts were $15 whether they were worth more or less than that.

Mechblue wrote:Bought a new in box BOSS ODB-3 Bass Over Drive pedal. Paid $5, sells consistently on ebay for $70-80

Nice! How'd you get it for only $5 ?

My Sale Thread - PRICES REDUCED! I am selling around three quarters of my video game collection as well as some other odds and ends!

I want to buy Universal Game Cases, if you have any spares please PM me! I'm looking to only deal with members that have good BST feedback on this forum.
Mechblue
128-bit

by Mechblue Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:13 am

Ziggy587 wrote:Nice! How'd you get it for only $5 ?

Swap meet of course! :D
TEKTORO wrote:That looks mad fake bro. :/
Return to Game Deals