Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
corn619
Next-Gen

Re: Yes, we can have nice things!-post your non gaming finds

by corn619 Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:23 am

I score a bunch of car mags from the late 60s to early 70s from this huge & awesome antique shop about 15 min from my house. Never knew it was there and I found it completely by accident. I can't wait to go back!
Mod_Man_Extreme
Next-Gen

by Mod_Man_Extreme Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:35 am

Really?

I already post everything I get in the regular finds of the day thread. It works so well and is always conveniently located in it's sticky spot.
My Consoles:
Genesis - Nomad - SegaCD - GameGear - Sega Saturn - Dreamcast - NES - SNES - N64 - Gamecube - Wii - Playstation - PSone & LCD - PS2 - PS3 - Xbox - 3DS

Niode wrote:Send him a dodgy cheque. Make it out to Scammy McScammerson.

Check out my sale thread below, NeoGeo MVS carts & Arcade gear wanted!:
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=11366
corn619
Next-Gen

by corn619 Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:36 am

Mod_Man_Extreme wrote:Really?

I already post everything I get in the regular finds of the day thread. It works so well and is always conveniently located in it's sticky spot.
Why not merge threads?
Erik_Twice
Next-Gen

by Erik_Twice Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:00 am

fastbilly1 wrote:I favor the VG finds and then a catchall for others.

My recent other nongaming find was four geode based pcs a friend of mine was getting rid of. These little 400mhz pcs would fit in a lunchbox and I can run all four off of one 300 watt power supply.

Can you explain what a "geode based pc" is? Because cheap old computers that can fit in a lunchbox would be awesome for conventions and that stuff!
Looking for a cool game? Find it in my blog!
Latest post: Often, games must be difficult
http://eriktwice.com/
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

by Hobie-wan Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:14 pm

I finally found a vehicle to replace my aging 99 Neon R/T which had reached the point where things were worn out left and right and needing more attention than they were worth to me. I am now the proud owner of a 2005 Saabaru. It is the Linear model, not the turbo Aero, but it does have both upgrade packages for leather, hid headlights, heated seats/side mirrors/wipers, and the 6 disc changer. I hope I can handle all the fancy. Oh and of course manual transmission. :mrgreen:

swiftzx
Next-Gen

by swiftzx Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:16 pm

Hobie-wan wrote:I finally found a vehicle to replace my aging 99 Neon R/T which had reached the point where things were worn out left and right and needing more attention than they were worth to me. I am now the proud owner of a 2005 Saabaru. It is the Linear model, not the turbo Aero, but it does have both upgrade packages for leather, hid headlights, heated seats/side mirrors/wipers, and the 6 disc changer. I hope I can handle all the fancy. Oh and of course manual transmission. :mrgreen:

Nice!
Sale thread (please buy!): viewtopic.php?f=22&t=19428
sevin0seven
Next-Gen

by sevin0seven Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:59 pm

Hobie-wan wrote:I finally found a vehicle to replace my aging 99 Neon R/T...

oooh, looks very nice and swanky sir! 8)
Visit my store: sevin0seven Marketplace
Bay Area Cali: Meet-up Thread
Custom Art Covers & Labels: Click here
Game Room: Click here
fastbilly1
Site Admin

by fastbilly1 Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:24 pm

General_Norris wrote:Can you explain what a "geode based pc" is? Because cheap old computers that can fit in a lunchbox would be awesome for conventions and that stuff!

Geode is a processor made by AMD for super lower power consumption:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amd_geode
I actually havent had a chance to get those machines up and running yet. They moved my office to a place that takes me an hour to get to and two to get home from so my time for goofing off with tech has disappeared.
s1mplehumar
Next-Gen

by s1mplehumar Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:25 am

Hobie-wan wrote:I finally found a vehicle to replace my aging 99 Neon R/T which had reached the point where things were worn out left and right and needing more attention than they were worth to me. I am now the proud owner of a 2005 Saabaru. It is the Linear model, not the turbo Aero, but it does have both upgrade packages for leather, hid headlights, heated seats/side mirrors/wipers, and the 6 disc changer. I hope I can handle all the fancy. Oh and of course manual transmission. :mrgreen:

That is hawt :o Congratulations!

Grabbed x2 Baratza Virtuoso burr grinders @ $49.99 (normally $200) each at Williams-Sonoma. Now I have 3 of these babies. Christmas 2011 here we come.
Attachments
virtuoso.jpg
virtuoso.jpg (17.63 KiB) Viewed 1949 times
Nintendo ID, PSN, XBL: Eronnicus * Steam ID: s1mplehumar * Switch Friend Code: SW-3270-7921-5525
8bit
Next-Gen

by 8bit Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:24 pm

I didnt notice this thread until just now.. I just got a new car recently that I am pretty excited about.

2003 BMW 330i w/ ZHP Performance Package

"The librarian does not rue the library, nor the curator fear the exhibits. Rather they revel in their potential. And that is the beauty of a big backlog; pure potential." - Exhuminator

My Game Room | My BST Thread |
Return to Game Deals