Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Re: Yes, we can have nice things!-post your non gaming finds

by fastbilly1 Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:45 pm

Two Lowel Quartz lights ~ $15 each. These are the precursor to the DP lights and are forward compatible (so DP scrims work on the Quartz lights). Friend of my father decided to upgrade and sold them to me for nothing. They need stands, new bulbs, and a case, but cant beat the price. For comparison new DP lights are $180, roughly $250 with the attachments I am getting. They look something like this:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Crowley

by Crowley Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:41 am

Hobie, I noticed several of the older Hot Wheels/Matchbox cars you've bought have heavy paint wear on them. Do these types of cars still hold value or are you just purchasing because it doesn't bother you?

I'm just curious because I have a bunch of older Hot Wheels from my childhood with heavy paint wear that I assumed had zero value.
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

by Hobie-wan Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:07 pm

Crowley wrote:Hobie, I noticed several of the older Hot Wheels/Matchbox cars you've bought have heavy paint wear on them. Do these types of cars still hold value or are you just purchasing because it doesn't bother you?

I'm just curious because I have a bunch of older Hot Wheels from my childhood with heavy paint wear that I assumed had zero value.

It really depends. Older 'redline' Hot Wheels can be worth a bit even if they are beat up just because they are 35-40 year old survivors that didn't get broken and thrown away, as can old Matchbox cars with skinny wheels. Like with some games, if there is a variation or an error that makes something rare, it can have value. The more recent, the less likely they're worth more than the purchase price, just like all other mass produced 'collectibles' that have higher production runs as the years go by. There are plenty that aren't really worth anything sale wise once they get a little beat up and might be bought 'by the pound' to modify or use the parts for restores.

I'm not buying these as an investment though. I'm buying ones I like, didn't get as a kid, or occasionally nicer copies of ones I destroyed or lost. Some of these posts have been lots as well, so I end up with some I want and some beat up or crappy ones, just like ending up with shovelware or sports games in VG lots. Some I might mod or restore somewhere down the road myself. :)

Also, it is addictive to collect variants when they are cheap. :shock:
Michi
Next-Gen

by Michi Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:06 am

Got some stuff that made me smile last weekend.

Oogie Boogie Yahtzee

I haven't played Yahtzee in years, but for less than $5 I couldn't help myself. I mean, look at those dice. It's the f*#@&%$ Oogie Boogie dice from the movie, for gods sake! I couldn't just let it sit there.

Pop! Movie Horror figurines

Found these on clearance at FYE. They were only $2.44 each and I'm totally bummed that they didn't have Jason, because Amazon lists him at around $12 :( Still, these little guys are pretty sweet and I may give in and pick up Jason yet....You know...to make the set complete :roll:

Printer's Blocks

Pretty sure these were for flyers, since the antique mall I picked them up at had a few of them and they were all different sizes. I really like these because the illustrations really have that rough, 'hand drawn' feel. They're pretty dirty and it looks like some of the coating's coming off, but they're still in pretty good shape for looking like they were thrown out in someone's garage for years. I still have to clean them and then I can put them with my tennis racket and Budweiser bottle blocks :D
harper
Next-Gen

by harper Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:08 am

Sweet, I love Yahtzee.
Ziggy587
Next-Gen

by Ziggy587 Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:19 pm

The EMGs came in the mail today, and they ARE an 81 and 85!

Out of all my spare pots, I only had one 25k, but that's enough to test them out (I just wired it up with a single master volume). When I get the extra time/money I'll rewire it. Anyways, I wired it all up and they work perfectly!

Oh yeah, and check out the great battery that came with them. :lol:

This is one of the best deals I've ever come across. Definitely in the top 5. These things look mint, no sign of use (no pick wear).

So sorry guys, I wont have an 85 for sale. At least, unless I decided I wanna swap it out for something else (I was originally thinking of putting a 60 in there). Can I interest any one in a Duncan '59 N (what was in that guitar before) ?

My Sale Thread - 7% off all marked prices!! SNES and N64 added! I am selling around three quarters of my video game collection as well as some other odds and ends!

I want to buy Universal Game Cases, if you have any spares please PM me! I'm looking to only deal with members that have good BST feedback on this forum.
fvgazi
Next-Gen

by fvgazi Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:05 am

Nice SG, Ziggy! Is that an epiphone or gibson?

**edit** Even nicer JCM 900!!!!!!
[ XBL: downedcity | PSN: biggry | Steam: Merchandise ]
Black Lodge Amplification: http://blacklodgeamps.tumblr.com/
Ziggy587
Next-Gen

by Ziggy587 Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:26 am

Thanks! It's an Epiphone. I've thought about "upgrading" to a Gibson, but they're not all that great in my opinion. Besides, I got this SG for about $200-250 some years ago, came with the Duncan 59 in the neck. Now with this $50 EMG upgrade, this guitar has been one hell of a deal!

In this pic, you can see my DSL head: http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g295/Ziggy587/IMG_5809.jpg

An older pick of my SG with the pickups I just took out, you can also see my first half stack: http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g295/Ziggy587/5-12-06006.jpg

My Sale Thread - 7% off all marked prices!! SNES and N64 added! I am selling around three quarters of my video game collection as well as some other odds and ends!

I want to buy Universal Game Cases, if you have any spares please PM me! I'm looking to only deal with members that have good BST feedback on this forum.
AppleQueso

by AppleQueso Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:39 am

Aww, I was kinda looking forward to maybe getting a cheap 85... oh well.

I can live with just an 81 for now. Your guitar's in great shape, I really should get mine all prettied up one of these days. It's kinda old and kinda beat up!
Ziggy587
Next-Gen

by Ziggy587 Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:06 am

Ha! I actually took this opportunity to clean that guitar, it was pretty dirty. Lots of grime on the fretboard.

I honestly don't know how I feel about the 85 right now. I've yet to play at a decent volume (I was planning on doing so tomorrow). But so far, I have two 81's in one of my other guitars. So to me, the 85 kinda sounds like I turned the tone knob down half way. IDK, maybe it'll grow on me. It definitely sounds sweet as hell in the 12-15 fret area, but kinda muddy when you're playing low. I was interested to hear how the 60 sounded, or possibly the 89, but I saw this deal and couldn't pass it up!

Return to Game Deals