Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
wclem
Next-Gen

Re: Yes, we can have nice things!-post your non gaming finds

by wclem Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:16 pm

Still collecting them here too. Got about 200.
dsheinem wrote:In any case, sorry that my avatar makes you cringe these days, but I haven't really changed my posing habits at all.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:07 pm

I threw a pot roast in the crock pot this morning, and an hour later, I found a beautiful early edition of Bram Stoker’s Dracula. Coincidence? I think not.

it is a 1920 printing of the first American edition in fantastic shape. It was only $3, and I am thrilled. Just in time for Halloween too!
marurun

by marurun Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:22 pm

I hope that’s good Castlevania wall pot roast.
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:49 pm

I’m glad someone else gets it!

Also...It was so good. After a little salt, and two helpings, my life bar is definitely full. :lol:
Jake Armitage
16-bit

by Jake Armitage Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:31 pm

I scored this lot of chess sets a month or so ago:

"When I come home from a long day in Hell, there's nothing I'd rather reach for than a fire-brewed bottle of Styx Beer. Made from the filthiest waters from our own River Styx. Styx Beer is a third more toxic than any other regular beer. The worst beer - the filthiest beer - the deadliest beer. It's Styx Beer!"
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen

Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

by samsonlonghair Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:54 pm

Neat-O! Are they made out of any interesting materials like wood, stone, or ceramic? Or are they all plastic? Cool score either way!
Tanooki
Next-Gen

by Tanooki Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:05 am

All original old goodies from the past, $1 each, and the Beatles has the stapled in mini magazine still there intact too inside the gatefold. There was a 4th but it was a bad record. Not shown, went back the next day and for .59 (why I don't know) at the same store got a Holland pressing of a Chuck Berry greatest hits style record which is fantastic.
Jake Armitage
16-bit

by Jake Armitage Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:45 pm

samsonlonghair wrote:Neat-O! Are they made out of any interesting materials like wood, stone, or ceramic? Or are they all plastic? Cool score either way!

There were actually 12 full size sets in the lot - some of the bags had sets in them. Two of the sets are wood - the rest are plastic - two of the plastic sets are pretty cheap generic ones - the rest are all good sets.

The prize in the lot is the red/white set in the third picture (where you can just see the pawns). It is a very rare (and very sought after) Drueke red/white players choice - last time one showed up on ebay it went for a bit north of $700.

"When I come home from a long day in Hell, there's nothing I'd rather reach for than a fire-brewed bottle of Styx Beer. Made from the filthiest waters from our own River Styx. Styx Beer is a third more toxic than any other regular beer. The worst beer - the filthiest beer - the deadliest beer. It's Styx Beer!"
Ziggy587
Next-Gen

by Ziggy587 Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:17 pm

Not my picture, but I just got a similar one...

An uncle of mine acquired this old Craftsman radial arm saw from some old guy that was moving to Florida. He has no use for it so he offered it to me. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it yet. My basement work shop isn't very large, so I'm not sure if I wanna bring it down there. I might keep it in the garage so I don't have to bring my miter saw up from the basement as often, but my garage isn't very big either.
Return to Game Deals