Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
Mod_Man_Extreme
Next-Gen

Re: Yes, we can have nice things!-post your non gaming finds

by Mod_Man_Extreme Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:51 pm

Me and my fiancee decided to do the X-Mas gifts early and enjoy them all through the season.

I was treated to this:

Portland Design Works 'Payload" rear mount bicycle rack: so I can carry things as I cycle.
Zefal head and taillight set: we both agreed upon use was crap and was promptly returned.
Ferris Bueller movie poster
TMNT PJ pants: because I'm now Keith
Tons of awesome vintage VW & Honda catalogs, service manuals and general car history books.
A giant Pikachu piggy bank from circa '95.
My Consoles:
Genesis - Nomad - SegaCD - GameGear - Sega Saturn - Dreamcast - NES - SNES - N64 - Gamecube - Wii - Playstation - PSone & LCD - PS2 - PS3 - Xbox - 3DS

Niode wrote:Send him a dodgy cheque. Make it out to Scammy McScammerson.

Check out my sale thread below, NeoGeo MVS carts & Arcade gear wanted!:
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=11366
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:37 pm

Got my wife some perfume from Ulta and got a $60 bathrobe for free!!!!
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

by Hobie-wan Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:10 am

More cars from the past few months.

Got this lot mainly for the white Pantera and the Sunkist Orange version of the Piston Popper. The Orange '3' Monteverdi Hai and yellow Challenger are also cool. The '35' Fandango and '77' Mazda RX 500 are different versions I didn't have previously as well.

Got the red version of the Flying Bug to go with my orange one. This seems to be have a rarer trapezoidal sticker on the hood instead of a later rounded one. The red Ferrari 512 M has an opening rear and rubber tires. I just realized I took a picture of the blue Breakaway Bucket already, but it's cool enough to see again. :)

Very nice classic Skyline that just came out recently. The 2 beetles are older sealed ones from the late 90s that I picked up at Arcade Expo randomly.

Yes that is another red Challenger, different from the one in the other picture. Nice Esprit 007 sub car and the red-orange Countach is a 'Sizzler' which were 70s rechargeable cars. This one has lights as well, but is missing the rubber from the rear tires. I just looked and this page has one for sale for $95 and even though there are tons of sizzlers on ebay there are exactly 0 of this Countach up now or recently sold so it looks like it is pretty rare and worth way more than I paid for the lot. :shock:

These are larger Corgi and Matchbox cars. The Bat Boat is about the size of a normal Hot Wheels car. The rear engine cover on the orange Bertone Runabout opens. The doors and the engine boot open on the green Porsche 911 Targa. The rear opens on the blue Porsche 917. The doors open on the red Ferrari Dino.

Random new Hot Wheels. Some are color variants of things I already have. The bottom left is an orange Countach.
fvgazi
Next-Gen

by fvgazi Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:02 pm

Hobie - Do you display this collection or keep it stored away? You have quite a lot of cars and it would be cool for a themed room or something.
[ XBL: downedcity | PSN: biggry | Steam: Merchandise ]
Black Lodge Amplification: http://blacklodgeamps.tumblr.com/
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

by Hobie-wan Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:37 pm

Unfortunately like a lot of my game collection it lives stored away for now. Recent cars are sitting on my desk, but eventually they'll get stored. Someday if/when I get a house and have a dedicated game room office I hope to have things displayed and shelved instead of hiding in boxes.
Jmustang1968
Next-Gen

by Jmustang1968 Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:58 pm

Hobie-wan wrote:Unfortunately like a lot of my game collection it lives stored away for now. Recent cars are sitting on my desk, but eventually they'll get stored. Someday if/when I get a house and have a dedicated game room office I hope to have things displayed and shelved instead of hiding in boxes.

Are you a big car fan as well or just manly into the matchbox cars?
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

by Hobie-wan Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:08 pm

Jmustang1968 wrote:Are you a big car fan as well or just manly into the matchbox cars?

I'm not a huge car nut. I do read Jalopnik and The Truth About Cars daily and I'm a bit more competent than just changing a tire or my oil but I just have my toy collection. I don't go to car shows and I'm not all nuts and into 'what can I do to my car this week'.
Jmustang1968
Next-Gen

by Jmustang1968 Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:18 pm

Hobie-wan wrote:
Jmustang1968 wrote:Are you a big car fan as well or just manly into the matchbox cars?

I'm not a huge car nut. I do read Jalopnik and The Truth About Cars daily and I'm a bit more competent than just changing a tire or my oil but I just have my toy collection. I don't go to car shows and I'm not all nuts and into 'what can I do to my car this week'.

Gotcha. Never realized you were into cars some. I could've shown you what I have in the garage.
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

by Hobie-wan Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:30 pm

Jmustang1968 wrote:Gotcha. Never realized you were into cars some. I could've shown you what I have in the garage.

Ah well, next time. Or whenever the elusive game meet happens. :lol:
Jmustang1968
Next-Gen

by Jmustang1968 Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:33 pm

Hobie-wan wrote:
Jmustang1968 wrote:Gotcha. Never realized you were into cars some. I could've shown you what I have in the garage.

Ah well, next time. Or whenever the elusive game meet happens. :lol:

Ya I am still definitely interested. We need to get that organized. Pick out some games etc
Return to Game Deals