Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Re: Yes, we can have nice things!-post your non gaming finds

by fastbilly1 Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:54 pm

Jealous Michi. Pern and Starship Troopers are $20 a pop easily. Both are excellent games to boot.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

by Tanooki Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:40 pm

$0.99 at Goodwill an hour ago. Man I wanted one of these back in 2015 but I think they were like $100 then.

AirHogs(Spinmaster) Star Wars Zero Gravity Tie Advanced. I'm charging it now, it had 6 in it but old and just wouldn't hold out to charge it more than enough to know the buttons work.

This thing if it works like advertised both works going up walls, or with the fan in the other direction like a remote control car on the ground.
Can't seem to find a PDF of the manual, but did find a video of it explained.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InYl5W1bWNs

Right now waiting for the red light to also light the green one to try it out.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

by CRTGAMER Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:00 pm

Tanooki wrote:$0.99 at Goodwill an hour ago. Man I wanted one of these back in 2015 but I think they were like $100 then.

AirHogs(Spinmaster) Star Wars Zero Gravity Tie Advanced. I'm charging it now, it had 6 in it but old and just wouldn't hold out to charge it more than enough to know the buttons work.

This thing if it works like advertised both works going up walls, or with the fan in the other direction like a remote control car on the ground.
Can't seem to find a PDF of the manual, but did find a video of it explained.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InYl5W1bWNs

Right now waiting for the red light to also light the green one to try it out.

:shock: Hey that is cool! My cats would freak out seeing that climbing down the wall. :lol:

Air Hogs Site - http://www.spinmaster.com/product_detail.php?pid=p10065

Air Hogs Star Wars Zero Gravity Tie Advance - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIkJDB51G1M

:idea: After looking at your video link, I can see how the fan on the charged battery can rapidly drain the regular Alkaline AA batteries on the controller. A simple mod by adding a direct AC plugin DC Charger for the Tie Fighter.

Six AA 1.5v batteries - One 9v DC Adapter AC Charger

Though not as feasible, I'm also thinking of a "leash" tether for instant continual run with that AC adapter. Only a couple bucks for the power brick at the thrift store or swap meet.

----------------------------------------------

EDIT
Now see what your post did? Too tempted to tease my cats, the Tie Fighter angled solar panels appear more robust for falls vs the Xwing. Placed an order for new in the box shipped from ToysRUs website Xwing sold out anyways at TRU, but can be found at Amazon or Ebay. I have a smooth ceiling, glass patio wall and the kitchen floor to drive the cats nuts! A Laser Pointer more cat bang for the buck, but this for under twenty dollars is too cool to pass up! :D

Star Wars Zero Gravity Fighter Vehicle - Tie Fighter $14.98 $10.48 ($17.33 Shipped Taxed) :mrgreen:
https://www.toysrus.com/product?product ... gKkM_D_BwE

Features

Control Darth Vader’s prototype TIE Fighter and defeat the rebel alliance with the Star Wars Zero Gravity TIE Advance X1 from Air Hogs!
Built with award-winning Wall Climber Technology, you can defy gravity by driving on the walls, ground and upside down!
Create and navigate through your own Star Wars galaxy using the included glow in the dark Wall Clings.
The Air Hogs Zero Gravity Tie Fighter is for Star Wars fans ages 8+. 6 AA batteries required for operation. For indoors use only.

Contents
1 Air Hogs Star Wars Zero Gravity TIE Advance X1
1 Remote Control
1 Sheet of Glow In The Dark Wall-Clings
1 Instruction Guide

Last edited by CRTGAMER on Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

Tanooki
Next-Gen

by Tanooki Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:25 am

It didn't take very long at all to charge and it works as advertised nicely. I had it going all over the wall and door here, then the floor, but i don't have a smooth ceiling to do that on. No clue how long it would last but it runs nicely just has a sort of louder little fan that sucks it to the wall.

I don't know about modding it, but it probably couldn't hurt if anything to save on batteries.

It's nice to see they are that cheap now and I had noticed that. They were expensive when it came out and I kind of forgot about it. Just dumb luck I went into that goodwill as I had to head back out to pick my kid up at a pj party polar express thing her school did and I had time to burn. Guaranteed something this cool wouldn't have lasted through tomorrow morning at that place. I'll have to see how the cat feels about it tomorrow.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

by CRTGAMER Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:34 am

Tanooki wrote:I'll have to see how the cat feels about it tomorrow.

That is a sweet find and thanks for the heads up. Good to know a quick charge maybe AC not needed, though an indication of a short run. That's okay, I would do short bursts on the wall and then set on the floor stalking the cats. I have a big grey cat that is not shy of weird new stuff. I used to have a pet bird that rode my remote controlled Honda trike toy. Crazy bird would hold its wings out balancing while doing wheelies, hop off when it got bored.

I remember years ago when Air Hogs first became popular. The store had a plastic bubble display with a powered plane inside that they were pulling from the shelf. So wanted to buy that, but store did not allow it since not actual product.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:14 pm

Two decent non-gaming finds this weekend!

I picked up a first-edition, hardcover copy of Ursula K. LeGuin’s A Wizard of Earthsea for a whopping $0.35 a a local thrift store. It has a bit of shelf wear, but the gorgeous dust jacket remains intact.

I also made $375 back up bid on a working Gorgar pinball machine at an estate sale yesterday. This afternoon, I got a call that the machine is mine! It will need a little tuning up - the flippers are a bit stiff - but it is otherwise in great, working condition. I am pretty happy about it, but my wife and children are pumped. :lol:
nullPointer
128-bit

by nullPointer Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:15 pm

prfsnl_gmr wrote:I also made $375 back up bid on a working Gorgar pinball machine at an estate sale yesterday. This afternoon, I got a call that the machine is mine! It will need a little tuning up - the flippers are a bit stiff - but it is otherwise in great, working condition. I am pretty happy about it, but my wife and children are pumped. :lol:

Wow, great score man! If not my favorite pin cab (and it very well might be), it's certainly the one I have the most fond memories of. Those digital voice samples! Enjoy sir!
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:31 pm

nullPointer wrote:
prfsnl_gmr wrote:I also made $375 back up bid on a working Gorgar pinball machine at an estate sale yesterday. This afternoon, I got a call that the machine is mine! It will need a little tuning up - the flippers are a bit stiff - but it is otherwise in great, working condition. I am pretty happy about it, but my wife and children are pumped. :lol:

Wow, great score man! If not my favorite pin cab (and it very well might be), it's certainly the one I have the most fond memories of. Those digital voice samples! Enjoy sir!

I will! My children spent a good part of the day yelling, “GORGAR!” at each other. :lol:
Tanooki
Next-Gen

by Tanooki Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:19 pm

Damn that's some serious cheap luck on both. I looked up Earthsea and see a copy on ebay was over 125 for an original hardback. Not bad on a 35 cent investment.

Gorgar depending on all the wear to the playfield, body, and backglass as far as I recall is easily over a $1000 table, even with moderate wear and your costs to replace/tune those flippers you're still like 40% of value on that one too. I think most people just love pinball, at the least casually. I don't use PinBot regularly by any means, it's fun, but you need breaks, yet the kid and even the wife on occasion walk over and fire it up for a little play. It's a really good communal entertainment piece. You should supply a pic of the thing at some point and one of the playfield.
chupon
Next-Gen

by chupon Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:39 pm

I don't post much but as an early 80s late 70s pin collector I had to login and say DAMN SON! That's a huge deal! Wicked jelly!
Buy / Sell / Trade List: viewtopic.php?t=17958
Last updated: 11-10-16

PS3 ID: dakkenblackblade 360 ID: dakkenblackblad
Return to Game Deals