Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
Syndicate
16-bit

Re: Yes, we can have nice things!-post your non gaming finds

by Syndicate Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:38 pm

...for any fans of Stranger Things, Target currently has the Season 1 blu-ray on clearance for I believe $5. I passed on a copy the first time I saw it b/c I was game hunting and told myself I'd only get it if I found what I was looking for :lol:. Turns out that was pretty silly of me so I dropped by my local Target and picked up a copy Sunday.

SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

by SamuraiMegas Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:44 pm

Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
Ziggy587
Next-Gen

by Ziggy587 Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:15 am

I just posted in the "look what I did" thread a slab of wood that I cut from a tree log, freehand using a chainsaw. Well, the only chainsaw that I've owned up until now has been a little Makita 12" electric. So I have this ancient Homelite 22" saw borrowed from someone. It cuts great, but it's a beast and weighs a ton! Doing these freehand cuts means having to hold the saw up in the air for a while, and it just killed my arms and back getting that first slab cut. But being how nice my first slab turned out, I decided it was time to invest in my first real chainsaw. So, I picked up an Echo CS-490...

I watched a lot of reviews, and it seems like it's the best entry level saw for the price. Stihl and Husqvarna saws with like specs are more money. I had a friend recommend Echo, and I was using his 12 or 14" Echo and it was champ. I watched a lot of reviews for the CS-490 and decided to take the plunge. I just picked it up yesterday and make a few quick cuts with it and it works great! It was too hot to work outside yesterday though, so I haven't tried using it to cut another slab yet. I'm hoping it will make the slab cutting easier with the reduced weight. Either way, I'm glad to finally own my own (real) saw. That little Makita electric saw has been great, I've even taken down a few small trees with it, but it's definitely not for slab cutting lol. And even for smaller stuff, it's a pain in the ass to take out the extension cord compared to just using a gas powered saw.

My Sale Thread - SNES and N64 added! BLACK FRIDAY SALE! I am selling around three quarters of my video game collection as well as some other odds and ends!

I want to buy Universal Game Cases, if you have any spares please PM me! I'm looking to only deal with members that have good BST feedback on this forum.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

by fastbilly1 Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:34 pm

I am more of a sthil fan, but that echo is a helluva chainsaw. This reminds me, I need to sharpen my blade.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:35 pm

I hate gas with a passion and try to avoid it at all costs. I have the Ryobi 40V saw which is just fine for clearing the occasional brush and small tree, which is all I ever seem to content with anyway.
marurun

by marurun Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:29 pm

I also hate dealing with those little gas motors. I have a Ryobi battery lawn mower, hedge trimmer, and string trimmer. Need to get a blower and a saw, maybe. Crazy powerful batteries.
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
opa
64-bit

by opa Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:57 pm

I replaced a fuel line in a Husqvarna saw over the summer. Not fun. I have my dad's old Stihl to work on as well but that'll be a winter project.

Electric tools only go so far, sadly. Not many power outlets in the middle of the woods or along a fence row.
marurun

by marurun Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:44 pm

That’s what batteries are for. And if you buy from the same line, you end up with a lot of hot spares. That said, batteries don’t deal well with large properties.
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

by SamuraiMegas Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:05 pm

I don't really talk about it on here, but I'm also really into streetwear/ fashion. My favorite brand is A Bathing Ape (aka Bape). I personally only really like Bape pieces from the years 1993-2011, AKA the "Nigo" era, which was the time before the creator Nigo sold the company to a large corporation. Bape's a bit pricey, but by using proxy sites like buyee, you can get things a bit cheaper than you can in the states, by buying from japanese auctions.

This summer I splurged and filled out my wardrobe with a bunch of bape stuff, and a few other luxury things like a legit vintage gucci wallet I got at a great price, and the louis vuitton belt I posted earlier in the thread. Didn't have to pay rent for a few months and went a little crazy :lol: I was either going to buy video games or clothes, so at least I look good now!

http://imgur.com/a/JBVrLIL

^ only things I didn't get this summer were the sweater and jeans, and I included the obligatory fit pic.
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
fastbilly1
Site Admin

by fastbilly1 Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:21 pm

If I didnt do work on our farm, I would be all battery. My polesaw is a plugin. But my stihl 131R weedeater with starline on it can eat pretty much anything under a half an inch thick. Granted its got a bigger motor on it than my push lawnmower...
Return to Game Deals