Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
Sarge
Next-Gen

Re: The ongoing "AWESOME DEAL AT GOG!" Thread

by Sarge Wed May 24, 2017 2:54 pm

MrPopo is right. They restructured a lot of the executables for these games, especially those that came in multi-packs. I ran into that with the Ultima and Might & Magic packs.
Hardcore Retro Gaming - Talk about games ten years old or older. Now with a modern gaming section!
“History isn't just the story of bad people doing bad things. It's quite as much a story of people trying to do good things. But somehow, something goes wrong.” -- C.S. Lewis
Tanooki
Next-Gen

by Tanooki Wed May 24, 2017 4:43 pm

I usually do keep them up to date so if a spot appears I download the updates and apply them manually.

I'll stick with it for now, interesting frontend. I wish on a few games it wouldn't be whining how I'm out of disk space which is comical. I'll still download the stuff to a drive when I get it, but this is kind of handy too with the menu.
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

by retrosportsgamer Tue May 30, 2017 1:37 pm

So GOG has released a bunch of Neo Geo titles at 75% off. Are these all the same as the Humble Bundle lot by Dot Emu? The ones as standalones that worked terrible or with some configurations?
ExedExes
Next-Gen

by ExedExes Tue May 30, 2017 6:12 pm

retrosportsgamer wrote:So GOG has released a bunch of Neo Geo titles at 75% off. Are these all the same as the Humble Bundle lot by Dot Emu? The ones as standalones that worked terrible or with some configurations?

WUT? I was too busy saving on Megarace 1 through 3 at $3.

*checks*

Well HELLO THERE.

DotEmu claims no involvement with these GOG ports. So who did them???

BUT, someone claimed they saw a DotEmu logo on one of the KOF games on the GOG forum....

Ok, on page 7, an official GOG account name stated:

The following titles have been reworked by us and have GOG Galaxy implementation. Those are:
Metal Slug
Metal Slug 2
Metal Slug 3
Metal Slug X
Shock Troopers
The Last Blade
Twinkle Star Sprites
Baseball Stars 2

So it's safe to get those games; the rest might still be the DotEmu/Humble versions.
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
marurun

by marurun Tue May 30, 2017 7:09 pm

All those Humble Bundle Neo Geo games worked great for me, no problems.
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

by retrosportsgamer Tue May 30, 2017 9:33 pm

marurun wrote:All those Humble Bundle Neo Geo games worked great for me, no problems.

Their wrapper was buggy as hell on my laptop - games ran at 2x speed, they knew there was an issue and never made a fix.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

by Tanooki Tue May 30, 2017 11:39 pm

I'm with maru those emulated games work just fine, and they also basically are just legit rom sets in a zip package under that to use however you please. I've run much of those games as real carts on the cabinet next to me here and i don't see any 2x playing. I don't know what you're talking about. HB/Dotemu catches I think a lot of undeserved shit and rumor spit about that package which seems unwarranted. They got crapped on for how it works, the emulator so called being stolen, etc. Can't win. Even via GoG, still can't win and it's not even them perhaps in this case at all (or started there then was hacked/recoded in ways by the GoG crew or some subcontractor for them.)

If it works and works right, why are we giving so many fucks other than just to have something to complain about?

I'm a SNK junkie, I'm damn tempted to buy the stinking lot of them despite having paid that piss in the pot $10~ for the collection 18mo ago for their 25th anniversary of the system. I may just have to, going to go digging now.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

by fastbilly1 Wed May 31, 2017 9:36 am

My netbook ran the games to fast and my old laptop ran them too slow. I just pulled the rom and went back to the emulators that ran them fine.
marurun

by marurun Wed May 31, 2017 10:10 am

I have only run them on a desktop. That may be the secret.
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

by fastbilly1 Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:13 am

Oblivion, Fallout 3, and Fallout New Vegas dropped: $20 USD per, on sale for $10 per
Return to Game Deals