Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Re: The ongoing "AWESOME DEAL AT GOG!" Thread

by Tanooki Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:49 am

noiseredux wrote:^that sounds like where I'm at. PC, Android, Xbox One. That's it.

It's just easier because there's only so much time and money to go around. I'm totally cool since the 3rd just doing 4+ hours on a Fri/Sat night on Zelda and 2 hours otherwise and I don't feel the worse for it. Actually better as I'm more focused much like a kid on their allowance who has to just keep slugging away at it.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

by fastbilly1 Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:47 am

Preorder for Full Throttle is up at a discount:
https://www.gog.com/game/full_throttle_remastered

Easily in the top 5 Point and Click Adventure games of all time, with the best soundtrack.
Sarge
Next-Gen

by Sarge Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:04 pm

Love that game. I got my copy while in England, for the low, low price of one pound sterling (around $1.50 at the time). It also came with The Dig. :)
Hardcore Retro Gaming - Talk about games ten years old or older. Now with a modern gaming section!
“History isn't just the story of bad people doing bad things. It's quite as much a story of people trying to do good things. But somehow, something goes wrong.” -- C.S. Lewis
fastbilly1
Site Admin

by fastbilly1 Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:05 pm

The Dig is a phenomenal game, soso book. I would buy a The Dig Remaster if they ever made it. Even with the turtle puzzle.
Sarge
Next-Gen

by Sarge Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:07 pm

I have the book, too. I actually re-read it a couple of years ago. It's not bad, at any rate!
Hardcore Retro Gaming - Talk about games ten years old or older. Now with a modern gaming section!
“History isn't just the story of bad people doing bad things. It's quite as much a story of people trying to do good things. But somehow, something goes wrong.” -- C.S. Lewis
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

by Exhuminator Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:16 pm

Man I'm glad to see Full Throttle coming to GOG, such an underappreciated adventure. I think it's Tim Schafer's best game. I'll gladly replay it, and I hope this time Full Throttle gets the attention it always deserved.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Ack

by Ack Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:18 pm

Sarge wrote:Love that game. I got my copy while in England, for the low, low price of one pound sterling (around $1.50 at the time).

Heh, that reminds me of my Korean copy of Metal Slug 4 and 5 for the PC. Cost me like $1.
I have a movie review website now: https://moviereviewsbyamook.com/
Sarge
Next-Gen

by Sarge Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:21 pm

Thinking of England... anything I should be considering grabbing while the exchange rates are so good?
fastbilly1
Site Admin

by fastbilly1 Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:21 am

GOG Galaxy is adding cloud saves for many games, including those who have never had cloud saves like Planescape Torment:
https://www.gog.com/news/gog_galaxy_big ... nd_of_beta

We've also went through the GOG Galaxy community wishlist and packed Update 1.2 with some of the most-requested features, including bandwidth limiting and scheduling, FPS counter, screenshot capturing, a sleek in-game overlay, achievement rarity, desktop and in-game notifications system, a new chat, and more!

One step close to replacing Steam.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:29 am

I think that this is a great addition. Old GOG games are ones I'll most often play on an (older) laptop, so being able to easily share saves between my PC is great.
Return to Game Deals