Site Admin

Re: The ongoing "AWESOME DEAL AT GOG!" Thread

by fastbilly1 Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:31 pm

Note, sale ends Sunday night
emwearz
Next-Gen

by emwearz Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:45 pm

Even if you don't plan on playing the games via GOG, always good to add the games via connect to get the price down on bundles.
Sarge
Next-Gen

by Sarge Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:09 pm

I ended up snagging Albion, which got me enough EXP for the first bonus.
Hardcore Retro Gaming - Talk about games ten years old or older. Now with a modern gaming section!
“History isn't just the story of bad people doing bad things. It's quite as much a story of people trying to do good things. But somehow, something goes wrong.” -- C.S. Lewis
Tanooki
Next-Gen

by Tanooki Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:24 pm

I'd need to spend another $8 to get Dragonfall, but I really don't see anything I have to have now that doesn't go on sale enough as it is. There's one I would but isn't on sale right now (Rebel Galaxy.)
dsheinem
Next-Gen

by dsheinem Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:42 am

Bought Witcher 3 GOTY. Got the three free games.

I am eager to try the game, but I never could get very far into either of the first two. Any tips to get started?
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:46 am

dsheinem wrote:Any tips to get started?

play Skyrim Special Edition instead.
MrPopo

by MrPopo Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:46 am

Turn on the Polish vocals.
Games Beaten: 2015 2016 2017 2018
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

by dsheinem Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:53 am

noiseredux wrote:
dsheinem wrote:Any tips to get started?

play Skyrim Special Edition instead.

Meh. Skyrim is fine, I enjoyed playing through the main story way back when...but the high water mark for modern WRPGs for me is Bioware's stuff, not Bethesda's. Dragon Age Inquisition was especially amazing...
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:02 pm

dsheinem wrote:Meh. Skyrim is fine, I enjoyed playing through the main story way back when...but the high water mark for modern WRPGs for me is Bioware's stuff, not Bethesda's. Dragon Age Inquisition was especially amazing...

I was more saying "Play (some other RPG) instead." Though that's sort of being unfair. I wrote a very lengthy thing about enjoying, and then not enjoying Witcher 3 on my site. But the sort version I think is that I realized I really prefer RPG's where I can create my own character than one that just feels like I'm playing a story. Skyrim came to mind as it was one I've played a lot this year and have adored.
isiolia
Next-Gen

by isiolia Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:36 pm

I haven't tried 3 yet, but I did fire up the Witcher 2 not too long ago, and found what I've played of it to be a -lot- more approachable than the first game. Though, that said, the version I have is the Enhanced Edition, which tacks a tutorial on the beginning, which culminates in suggesting a difficulty level...for me it was "easy", because I'm not very good at video games. :cry:

Still, I took the suggestion, and found the segment of the game I played (I guess the original intro section, the flashbacks) to be enjoyable since I could focus more on the story/etc that I was actually wanting to play for :lol: So, maybe try playing 3 on easy? Or at least do the tutorial and see what it says.
Return to Game Deals