Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
MrPopo

Re: The ongoing "AWESOME DEAL AT STEAM!" thread.

by MrPopo Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:07 pm

Serious Sam HD Double Pack for $7.50 today. Pretty awesome price for some old school goodness.
Games Beaten: 2015 2016 2017 2018
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
jfrost
Next-Gen

by jfrost Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:35 pm

Is the Ghostbusters game worth any money?
J T
Next-Gen

by J T Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:21 pm

jfrost wrote:Is the Ghostbusters game worth any money?

It's not as good as I had hoped, but it's better than most licensed games. It's kind of resource hog and didn't run well on my laptop, which detracted from the experience unless I was on the lowest of the low settings (not that I have the best machine, but it runs most things ok). The controls were a bit wonky. You have to snare ghosts with your proton pack beams, then lure them into a trap. You basically flail around like you just caught a jumbo fish and try to get them to hold still long enough above the trap to get sucked in. It was kind of fun, but also frustrating and it was never clear to me how I could really increase my skill at it since the ghosts seemed to kind of randomly flail around.

The righting is funny, but the animation of the faces isn't good enough to pull of the jokes properly, so the comedy feels a bit stilted if you're watching your character. Nevertheless, there are some funny moments and the game is reasonably charming, so at this low price it's worth a go.
My contributions to the Racketboy site:
Browser Games ... Free PC Games ... Mixtapes ... Doujin Games ... SotC Poetry
J T
Next-Gen

by J T Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:27 pm

Gnashvar wrote:I'm really getting tempted to buy the 2K pack for $89. Any suggestions?

BTW my steam id is gnashvar. We need a little tag like the email and msn ones in our profiles. Maybe racketboy can change the ICQ one that I don't see anyone using for steam :P

The 2K pack and the THQ pack are both HUGE bargains if you don't already have what's in them. The THQ pack in particular has you saving like three hundred and something dollars while only spending $50.

Keep in mind though that if you already own a game in the pack, you are not going to get a second copy of it. People always get upset about that. Only a select few titles give you gift copies if you already own one in the pack.
My contributions to the Racketboy site:
Browser Games ... Free PC Games ... Mixtapes ... Doujin Games ... SotC Poetry
Niode
Next-Gen

by Niode Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:05 pm

J T wrote:
Gnashvar wrote:I'm really getting tempted to buy the 2K pack for $89. Any suggestions?

BTW my steam id is gnashvar. We need a little tag like the email and msn ones in our profiles. Maybe racketboy can change the ICQ one that I don't see anyone using for steam :P

The 2K pack and the THQ pack are both HUGE bargains if you don't already have what's in them. The THQ pack in particular has you saving like three hundred and something dollars while only spending $50.

Keep in mind though that if you already own a game in the pack, you are not going to get a second copy of it. People always get upset about that. Only a select few titles give you gift copies if you already own one in the pack.

Yeah this is quite annoying. I own all the CoH games, all the Red Faction games, S.T.A.L.K.E.R and DoW2. So it's just not worth it for me :( These bundles are awesome for Steam noobs though. It wouldn't be too bad if I could just gift the spare games but you have no idea which ones will give you gift codes and which ones won't until you've bought the pack.
Marurun wrote:Don’t mind-shart your pants, guys
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

by Hobie-wan Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:18 pm

Niode wrote:It wouldn't be too bad if I could just gift the spare games but you have no idea which ones will give you gift codes and which ones won't until you've bought the pack.

Maybe a nice email or post on the forum would get an answer.
Niode
Next-Gen

by Niode Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:52 pm

Hobie-wan wrote:
Niode wrote:It wouldn't be too bad if I could just gift the spare games but you have no idea which ones will give you gift codes and which ones won't until you've bought the pack.

It's just not worth the hassle though. What am I going to do with the spare copies anyway? It's just not worth the price for the few extra games that I want.
Marurun wrote:Don’t mind-shart your pants, guys
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

by Hobie-wan Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:56 pm

Niode wrote:
Hobie-wan wrote:

It's just not worth the hassle though. What am I going to do with the spare copies anyway? It's just not worth the price for the few extra games that I want.

Sell them to another forum member for a few bucks kind of like we did to split up the Borderlands?
dsheinem
Next-Gen

by dsheinem Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:01 pm

Hobie-wan wrote:
Sell them to another forum member for a few bucks kind of like we did to split up the Borderlands?

Think there's any chance of Borderlands going on sale in this new deal?
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

by Hobie-wan Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:09 pm

dsheinem wrote:
Hobie-wan wrote:

Think there's any chance of Borderlands going on sale in this new deal?

It is on sale for $23 from $30 right now.
Return to Game Deals