Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Re: The ongoing "AWESOME DEAL AT STEAM!" thread.

by Hobie-wan Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:36 am

enderfall wrote:
MrPopo wrote:I am now starting the "How long before Hobie gives in and buys more Steam games" pool.

The sale is on until July 4th... so I say June 25th, LOL!

Geez man, you're only giving me 1 day? Thanks a pile! :lol:

*looks at my actual want list, then thinks of things I would cave if they were cheap*

I'm confident my resolve is strong!
Gnashvar
128-bit

by Gnashvar Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:29 am

I'm really getting tempted to buy the 2K pack for $89. Any suggestions?

BTW my steam id is gnashvar. We need a little tag like the email and msn ones in our profiles. Maybe racketboy can change the ICQ one that I don't see anyone using for steam :P
Thanks everyone...
Niode
Next-Gen

by Niode Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:51 am

Gnashvar wrote:I'm really getting tempted to buy the 2K pack for $89. Any suggestions?

BTW my steam id is gnashvar. We need a little tag like the email and msn ones in our profiles. Maybe racketboy can change the ICQ one that I don't see anyone using for steam :P

There's always services like this one.

I agree though, I think we could afford to lose the ICQ button and appropriate it for something else. Would only be a few lines of code that would need changing in PHP, it's dead easy. Who the hell still uses ICQ? I remember using it at least 13 years ago before things like msn messenger etc got popular. I used it as an alternative to the equally as useless AIM.
Marurun wrote:Don’t mind-shart your pants, guys
Gnashvar
128-bit

by Gnashvar Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:55 am

Niode wrote:
Gnashvar wrote:I'm really getting tempted to buy the 2K pack for $89. Any suggestions?

There's always services like this one.

I agree though, I think we could afford to lose the ICQ button and appropriate it for something else. Would only be a few lines of code that would need changing in PHP, it's dead easy. Who the hell still uses ICQ? I remember using it at least 13 years ago before things like msn messenger etc got popular. I used it as an alternative to the equally as useless AIM.

I still use AIM. Instead of having msn for everyone I divide hobby, forums, friends and family in different ms services.
Thanks everyone...
fastbilly1
Site Admin

by fastbilly1 Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:41 am

ICQ is still heavily used in India, or so I am told.

I have a feeling that Fourth of July weekend will be a gaming binge for me. I need to beat all the Tales of Monkey Island games that I bought at Christmas. Well those and those Freespace games I bought and havent even downloaded off GoG.
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

by Hobie-wan Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:20 pm

fastbilly1 wrote:ICQ is still heavily used in India, or so I am told.

I still use ICQ. I'm still on my first ID from 98 as well. :P
winds
128-bit

by winds Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:38 pm

So what are some worth while games to get while this deal is on? Anyone tried the new rocket knight adventures? Any other games?
Last edited by winds on Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nintendoes what Nintendon't!

Tangerine Orange Key: 42915767S1
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

by Hobie-wan Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:46 pm

winds wrote:So what are some worth while games to get while this deal is on? Anyone tride the new rocket knight adventures? Any other games?

There was a thread about the new Rocket Knight recently so you might search for that. There's a demo on 360 as well if you want to give it a whirl.
AmishSamurai
Next-Gen

by AmishSamurai Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:50 pm

winds wrote:So what are some worth while games to get while this deal is on? Anyone tride the new rocket knight adventures? Any other games?

Indigo Prophecy (Fahrenheit is you're in Europe) is under 5 bucks now. It was considered good despite it seeming like the writer's dog ate the last twenty pages of script. All of the X-COM titles are heavily discounted too. So much shit is on sale you're bound to find something you like.
MrPopo wrote:The life lesson here is jobs will come and go, but Earthbound will always be there for you.

I'm a girl btw
winds
128-bit

by winds Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:50 pm

Hobie-wan wrote:There was a thread about the new Rocket Knight recently so you might search for that. There's a demo on 360 as well if you want to give it a whirl.

Sweet thanks :) I'll check it out.
Nintendoes what Nintendon't!

Tangerine Orange Key: 42915767S1
Return to Game Deals