Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Re: The ongoing "AWESOME DEAL AT STEAM!" thread.

by dsheinem Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:16 pm

MrPopo wrote:
Hobie-wan wrote: Deus Ex can die in a fire though.

You. Me. The parking lot. Now.

You have to admit the story was kinda lame. :wink:
MrPopo

by MrPopo Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:06 pm

dsheinem wrote:
MrPopo wrote:
Hobie-wan wrote: Deus Ex can die in a fire though.

You. Me. The parking lot. Now.

You have to admit the story was kinda lame. :wink:

You're lucky I just expelled all the rage in my body by being credit to team with Niode.
Games Beaten: 2015 2016 2017 2018
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Niode
Next-Gen

by Niode Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:10 pm

MrPopo wrote:You're lucky I just expelled all the rage in my body by being credit to team with Niode.

Haha, that was pretty fun. Especially the epic ubercharge rush taking down a bunch of sentries in one go and getting the win. Nice work. I don't play TF2 very often though so I completely suck at any class other than Medic or Pyro and even then I wouldn't consider myself any good.
Marurun wrote:Don’t mind-shart your pants, guys
fastbilly1
Site Admin

by fastbilly1 Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:38 am

Niode wrote:Regarding the mac resale issue. Why wouldn't you factor in the resale value of anything into a purchase? Would you buy a brand new car knowing full well that you're going to lose at least 1-2 grand per year on it's purchase price? No I think I'd rather buy a VW Golf or Mercedes knowing that it's going to be worth close to what I paid for it 4 years down the line, rather than a Ford Focus which will be worth half as much if you're lucky. I don't have money to burn.

This is the part where the car analogy falls apart. I know one (1) person who buys consumer electronics with the thought of using them for a while and reselling them. Like I said, most people I know run their consumer electronics to the ground. Sure they might have a resell value in a few years, but that is hardly a factor in why they bought them.
Ack

by Ack Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:49 am

fastbilly1 wrote:
Niode wrote:Regarding the mac resale issue. Why wouldn't you factor in the resale value of anything into a purchase? Would you buy a brand new car knowing full well that you're going to lose at least 1-2 grand per year on it's purchase price? No I think I'd rather buy a VW Golf or Mercedes knowing that it's going to be worth close to what I paid for it 4 years down the line, rather than a Ford Focus which will be worth half as much if you're lucky. I don't have money to burn.

This is the part where the car analogy falls apart. I know one (1) person who buys consumer electronics with the thought of using them for a while and reselling them. Like I said, most people I know run their consumer electronics to the ground. Sure they might have a resell value in a few years, but that is hardly a factor in why they bought them.

Yeah, true, I never resell anything. Hell, I've still got the same TV I've had since I was ten, with no remote, and the power button doesn't work(don't worry, I've got a system for turning it on/off without unplugging it).
I have a movie review website now: https://moviereviewsbyamook.com/
fastbilly1
Site Admin

by fastbilly1 Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:50 am

You know, a friend brought this up to me today. He said that my background leads me to use things beyond what most people would. Heck my grandfather taught me how to fix a lawnmower so I could grab them out of peoples trash, fix them, and resell them. So maybe I am very skewed in that aspect.

I dont live in the crux of hip, I live in the south. The fancy new device is overwhelmed by the practicality of it. Meaning Ill buy a contractor cellphone over an Iphone/Droid/Blackberry, since I want it to last five years and go through hell with me. Since we live in different worlds perhaps resale is more important in yours, and I apologize if I over stepped.
Ack

by Ack Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:53 am

fastbilly1 wrote:You know, a friend brought this up to me today. He said that my background leads me to use things beyond what most people would. Heck my grandfather taught me how to fix a lawnmower so I could grab them out of peoples trash, fix them, and resell them. So maybe I am very skewed in that aspect.

I dont live in the crux of hip, I live in the south. The fancy new device is overwhelmed by the practicality of it. Meaning Ill buy a contractor cellphone over an Iphone/Droid/Blackberry, since I want it to last five years and go through hell with me. Since we live in different worlds perhaps resale is more important in yours, and I apologize if I over stepped.

Ya'll come back now, ya hear?
I have a movie review website now: https://moviereviewsbyamook.com/
J T
Next-Gen

by J T Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:43 pm

Ack wrote:Ya'll come back now, ya hear?

"Want sum rye? 'Course ya do!"
My contributions to the Racketboy site:
Browser Games ... Free PC Games ... Mixtapes ... Doujin Games ... SotC Poetry
fastbilly1
Site Admin

by fastbilly1 Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:52 pm

You know me JT. Best part of that game.
J T
Next-Gen

by J T Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:48 pm

It looks like this week is going to be full of EA related deals.

The first deal is:

$15 for Crysis, $10 for Crysis: Warhead, or $20 for both.

http://store.steampowered.com/sale/ea_week
My contributions to the Racketboy site:
Browser Games ... Free PC Games ... Mixtapes ... Doujin Games ... SotC Poetry
Return to Game Deals