Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
J T
Next-Gen

Re: The ongoing "AWESOME DEAL AT STEAM!" thread.

by J T Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:44 pm

Ack wrote:Linux is a manual transmission that no repair shop has any idea how to fix. Linux is an MG Midget.

:lol:
My contributions to the Racketboy site:
Browser Games ... Free PC Games ... Mixtapes ... Doujin Games ... SotC Poetry
fastbilly1
Site Admin

by fastbilly1 Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:54 pm

Actually I lied earlier Hobie - I realize now that I still havent beaten the Tales of Monkey Island episodes I bought at Christmas. Broken Sword got in the way.
J T
Next-Gen

by J T Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:19 pm

The new Macs VS PCs ad for TF2 is pretty cool, though it's just going to fan the flames of the fanboy wars:

http://store.steampowered.com/video/440/5734
Last edited by J T on Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My contributions to the Racketboy site:
Browser Games ... Free PC Games ... Mixtapes ... Doujin Games ... SotC Poetry
MrPopo

by MrPopo Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:17 pm

It's obvious the PCs win in that video; they got the new engineer unlock.

I must say, though, that the usage of the sound with the headphones was really clever (and is especially good when you listen to it using headphones, like I am right now).
Games Beaten: 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

by dsheinem Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:38 pm

If you are on the fence about Metro 2033, I suggest you hop over. The game is polished, atmospheric, appropriately difficult, and and felt much better to me than STALKER ever did.
Ack

by Ack Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:12 pm

dsheinem wrote:If you are on the fence about Metro 2033, I suggest you hop over. The game is polished, atmospheric, appropriately difficult, and and felt much better to me than STALKER ever did.

You should try out the STALKER Complete mods, ds. They fix a lot of the issues I had with the game. Oblivion Lost also added a lot of changes that I loved, making it an entirely new experience for me.
I have a movie review website now: https://moviereviewsbyamook.com/
MrPopo

by MrPopo Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:24 pm

Ack wrote:
dsheinem wrote:If you are on the fence about Metro 2033, I suggest you hop over. The game is polished, atmospheric, appropriately difficult, and and felt much better to me than STALKER ever did.

You should try out the STALKER Complete mods, ds. They fix a lot of the issues I had with the game. Oblivion Lost also added a lot of changes that I loved, making it an entirely new experience for me.

Let's face it, you should own all three STALKERs, Metro, and Deus Ex.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

by Hobie-wan Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:59 pm

MrPopo wrote:
Ack wrote:

I gave up the first few goes of Stalker as I got sick of being slaughtered at that first checkpoint encounter (not the train bridge). Complete made it really fun though. I just got distracted by other things and need to get back to the game I'm in the middle of. Then once I've gotten to the other 2 Stalkers I'll get to Metro.

Deus Ex can die in a fire though. I started that game several times trying to give it a chance. Hate it. Though you did only say 'own', not enjoy. So until I sell or otherwise get rid of the copy I have, I guess I fulfill your silly little requirements. :lol:
Niode
Next-Gen

by Niode Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:03 pm

MrPopo wrote:
Ack wrote:

Indeed. I just wish I could afford to get Metro 2033 :( any generous souls out there?

Regarding the mac resale issue. Why wouldn't you factor in the resale value of anything into a purchase? Would you buy a brand new car knowing full well that you're going to lose at least 1-2 grand per year on it's purchase price? No I think I'd rather buy a VW Golf or Mercedes knowing that it's going to be worth close to what I paid for it 4 years down the line, rather than a Ford Focus which will be worth half as much if you're lucky. I don't have money to burn.

As for macs not being upgradeable, pure absolute bunkum. Everything is upgradeable apart from the graphics card and CPU in their laptops (just like any other windows laptop, how many windows laptops allow you to upgrade your RAM or HDD within warranty? Not many. All Apple laptops are covered, I've upgraded my RAM and it was child's play, they make it purposefully easy for you, it's no harder than changing a battery - seriously), The only thing you can't upgrade in the mac pro is the CPU, but why would you want to? How many people here have upgraded just their CPU in their system? Most people considering upgrading the CPU will upgrade the entire thing, it doesn't make sense to upgrade just the CPU in the system (that's even if the new CPU supports the same socket, more often than not, they don't). If I sold my MBP and bought the new i7 MBP for £1400 it will have only cost me around £700, I don't see that as prohibitively expensive. I know I definitely can't do that with windows laptops.

I'm going to go on TF2 now, on my PC wearing my Earbuds. See what kind of reaction I get.
Marurun wrote:Don’t mind-shart your pants, guys
MrPopo

by MrPopo Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:01 pm

Hobie-wan wrote: Deus Ex can die in a fire though.

You. Me. The parking lot. Now.
Return to Game Deals